Can Vegito really beat this?

Topic started by niBBit on June 25, 2012. Last post by eddz99 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,507 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@GIRUGAMESH: Yeah I agree with this. Even the x50 power up from turning SSJ became incredibly inconsistent later on in the series, especially after they introduced SS2 and 3. There's no way it was x50 increase after those two transformations came.

I've heard that originally Toriyama wanted to stop the manga after the Frieza saga but the fans and probably the money made him carry on. It's kind of reflected in the story really because a lot of things that made sense before the Frieza saga got thrown out the window and the whole manga became very inconsistent because of it. Power levels in particular became very skewed.

But like Girugamesh said, at least you tried to rationalise the power levels and we commend you for trying.

Post by niBBit (664 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@jazmac: He was worried about the planet? why would he be if he can easily deflect it. Buu was fighting full power? no he wasn't this is clearly evident in the next episode where Buu displayed more than he did against the battle before and mind you that was against Super Vegito. Buu's behavior also changes rapidly in the second episode. In his first battle with Vegito both he and Vegito where grining the whole time, in the second battle Buu was more conserned and used powerfull attacks at the get go. When he dropped Super Vegito in the water and he was waiting for him he didn't had the same smug attitude like he had before. You say he Buu's strongest attack was his energy ball from before? lol your dreaming his most powerfull attack was the universe detroy thing, if he did that in that battle it would have ended Vegito.

Vegito didn't go SSJ2 or SSJ3 why would he SSJ was enough to beat Buu. if Vegito went SSJ2 or SSJ3 Buu would have died by the sheer amount of crap that was filling his pants, he would't have the brain capacity to think that absorbing Vegito might work, witch was Vegito's plan from the start.

Your right these battle are full of maybe's and what if's but i believe it can still be possible to get an decent rating. Thats better than nothing.

@GIRUGAMESH: Your right its hard to make sense of it all since of all the inconsistency. Thank you for taking the time for reading.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,143 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@ohgodwhy: Cheers, and just to let you know you're right, Toriyama had planned on ending it at the end of the Freiza saga but continued due to fan demand (Freiza was first introduced as "the greatest evil in the universe"). As you say, powers became far more inconsistent, things made less sense and if you notice, the fights became far less spectacular and seemed to take place on a much lower scale. Just look at the fight between say, Android 18 and SSJ Vegeta; they were both meant to be much stronger than Freiza, but the fight didn't have anything on the battle on Namek.

Post by jazmac (115 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@niBBit said:

@jazmac: He was worried about the planet? why would he be if he can easily deflect it. Buu was fighting full power? no he wasn't this is clearly evident in the next episode where Buu displayed more than he did against the battle before and mind you that was against Super Vegito. Buu's behavior also changes rapidly in the second episode. In his first battle with Vegito both he and Vegito where grining the whole time, in the second battle Buu was more conserned and used powerfull attacks at the get go. When he dropped Super Vegito in the water and he was waiting for him he didn't had the same smug attitude like he had before. You say he Buu's strongest attack was his energy ball from before? lol your dreaming his most powerfull attack was the universe detroy thing, if he did that in that battle it would have ended Vegito.

Vegito didn't go SSJ2 or SSJ3 why would he SSJ was enough to beat Buu. if Vegito went SSJ2 or SSJ3 Buu would have died by the sheer amount of crap that was filling his pants, he would't have the brain capacity to think that absorbing Vegito might work, witch was Vegito's plan from the start.

Your right these battle are full of maybe's and what if's but i believe it can still be possible to get an decent rating. Thats better than nothing.

As I said you're saying these things from your perspective, what I see when I see vegito is him fucking around with buu the entire time so even when he looks worried he actually isn't even when he appears to put in some effort he actually isn't and I view it like this because elder kai says several times he's just screwing around and I believe what someone says is more valuable than what someone may or may not appear to do unless something actually happens as a result of that e.g. feats from a personal perspective in battle threads.

Anyway I really wouldn't recommend threads with vegito as you can't place him anywhere with any real concrete evidence with the aforementioned lack of scenes or fights.

@jazmac: And you see things from your perspective like i do mine. You should really keep up with the episodes because The Old Kai said that Vegito was kiddin around but that was Super Vegito NOT Vegito (base). Don't get this in the wrong way but i won't be replying to this anymore and maybe even this tread, i think i know everything that i wanted to know, no point in going on endlessly. Thx to everybody who took the time read my posts as i do tend to post walls of tekst :)

@GIRUGAMESH: Yeah the fights became a lot more toned down after the Frieza saga wherein Goku's and Frieza's battle effectively was destroying Namek until Frieza actually went and blew it up. After that you would think that they would be casually blowing up planets just with their fighting but feat wise they were a lot worse.

Honestly DBZ feats make no sense after the Frieza saga and are very inconsistent. How the Earth was still there up until Kid Buu finally blew it up is beyond me.

@ohgodwhy: I think at this point such things are stupid to put onto screen. What i mean by that is, if Goku at the Frieza Saga was able to do planetary feats and moving at such high speeds than one might wonder what he could do at the Buu Saga. He could be so strong as one mere hand montion would wreck the entire planet. It would be like trying to animate an fight between Silver Age Superman vs Superman Prime, if the correct feats where used....it would be uterly boring to watch. They will move faster than you and i can see, one punch would shatter an planet in witch they need to move to another, destroying multiply races as they go it would be stupid and hard to make sense of it all.

Maybe at one point Akira is like, ok Frieza can shatter an entire planet with a mere energy attack but Cell is like 100 times stronger...an loud burp would wipe out Satan City. The Z Fighters would try and protect the Earth from all these baddies but in truth if they engage any villian on any planet...that planet is doomed. This is what i think.

@niBBit said:

@jazmac: And you see things from your perspective like i do mine. You should really keep up with the episodes because The Old Kai said that Vegito was kiddin around but that was Super Vegito NOT Vegito (base). Don't get this in the wrong way but i won't be replying to this anymore and maybe even this tread, i think i know everything that i wanted to know, no point in going on endlessly. Thx to everybody who took the time read my posts as i do tend to post walls of tekst :)

Well I think my dbz knowledge is very good tbh not to the point where I can remember every quote in the series but you could arguably say old kai was referring to the entire fight not just when he went ssj (unless I'm forgetting a part of the quote where he states otherwise). Several mates and myself have gone over the powers of each dbz character several times (several times we've had to change it) and I'm pretty confident in who will beat who in every dbz thread.

Also you've been taking all your information from the anime only but in the manga vegito base doesn't even exist, he's super saiyan right from the start.

@niBBit: Yeah I agree, that's why I believe they should've ended the manga at the Frieza saga. The rest of it is just like a less crappy version of GT.

The frieza fight was by far the most epic battle out of all the sagas but I still enjoyed characters like Cell a lot (might have something to do with the amazing english voice actor from funimation) and moments like vegeta's final flash. The buu saga I didn't like so much purely because of the way goku beats him basically using the dragonballs several times to solve there problems...

There's even moments where you can tell it was supposed to end at frieza which I find hilarious, there's the episode where they're all back on earth and vegeta gets into a fight with gohan after laughing about his fathers apparent death and how glad he is about it now that he's the strongest guy in the universe with the end result of him flying away, but suddenly in the next episode he's back where he was and actively helps them find a way of bringing goku back to life with the dragonballs as if nothing happened.

The same goes for goku's death where you see him scream before everything goes white and the planet blows up, then many episodes later when it explains how he escaped namek the whole thing doesn't connect up correctly as he's shown seeing one of the ginyu pods while he's in frieza's ship however in the actual episode where he died he had already left frieza's ship and was floating there with no options left.

Post by eddz99 (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@niBBit: It seems you a right.

But since vegito can go SSJ2.

There is no one who can beat him but Omega Shenron in GT.

My speculations are

SSJ2 Vegito = Goku ssj4 + Vegeta ssj4's battle powers in GT

Gogeta SSJ4 = Goku + Vegeta x 10

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel