Can anyone in the Naruto-verse beat Pein?

Topic started by Dream on March 12, 2010. Last post by JackHammer 4 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,630 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Since I've been seeing enough battle threads where folks brag of Pein stomping anyone in the Naruto-verse, figured I'd try something like this out? With prep time, is there anyone in Naruto who could single-handedly take out all of Pein's clones if he is willing to kill? 

EDIT: Gonna change things up a bit. Name a three or four-member team of Naruto characters with the best chance at taking down Pein?
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Hmm I'm going to say no, I would speculate that Hashirama Senju could defeat Pain however we haven't seen his abilities in battle and all we know is that he defeated Madara Uchiha in a battle where the Nine Tailed Demon Fox was present however the details of the battle are unknown as of yet. Other than Hashirama Senju, Madara Uchiha during his prime most likely possessed the sufficient power and skill to defeat Pain although he did state that Pain was virtually "invincible". The shinobi I am 100% certain that can defeat Pain is the Sage Of The Six Paths being the first possessor of the strongest Dojutsu: The Rinnegan and the Jinchuriki of the Ten Tailed Beast clearly possessing unimaginable power well at least in Naruto terms. Pain stated that if Jiraiya was aware of his abilities and identity then he would have managed to defeat him although I am unsure of that statement. Pain was a very powerful and dangerous shinobi possessing the Rinnegan, the Six Paths Of Pain and highly strong summons and a mastery of all elemental jutsu. Well that is my perspective at least.

ND
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Deidara actually has a good chance considering his versatile powers and an advantage in flight
@Nerx: Hmm Deidara huh? Sounds interesting although he did struggle and lose against a Pre-Mangekyou Sharingan Sasuke. 

ND
Post by Sparda (75 posts) See mini bio Level 1
@Newdeath said:
" @Nerx: Hmm Deidara huh? Sounds interesting although he did struggle and lose against a Pre-Mangekyou Sharingan Sasuke.  ND "
That was due to Sasuke specializing in lighting based jutsu, which is Deidara's major weakness, as it cancels out his bombs which were earth based.
@Sparda: I'm aware of that although I'm not confident that Deidara could defeat Pain as even Itachi Uchiha who easily defeated Deidara in my perspective at least cannot. 

ND
@Newdeath: I dont think he can beat him either, but Deidara stands a much better chance of defeating Itachi now than he did when they first thought. He was overconfident then and totally unprepared for the fight. Deidara didn't even get the chance to go airborn which he usually does in fights. He even trained himself not to get caught in genjutsu. I dont think he could win, but is much stronger than he was when the two first battled.
@Sparda: I'm aware of that. There was really no point in explaining it all.  

ND
Post by taichokage (13,328 posts) See mini bio Level 20
My guesses would be Hashirama Senju and Hiruzen Sarutobi and or coure the Rikudo Sage but as all three are no longer around I would say no 1 person alive in the narutoverse could beat Pain which is why I never understood why he followed Madara. As far as I'm concerned he is far more powerful that the current Madara. Also I think Itachi could put up a decent fight but would ultimately lose.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Nerx said:
" Deidara actually has a good chance considering his versatile powers and an advantage in flight "
advantage in flight my ass, god path pein FLOATS

@Dream:
including or excluding the bijuu?
@cfatalis: The title says "Anyone" not "Anything" so I would assume it excludes the Bijuu. 

@taichokage: He never actually followed Madara, he was being manipulated by him.  

ND
Post by taichokage (13,328 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Newdeath: Yeah true also I don't think a bijuu would make a difference. Akatsuki members owned biju left and right. The kyubi alone out of all biju is the only one who could probably take out Pain but as it is in Naruto and is under his control (or lack thereof) the kyubi isn't an option.
@Newdeath said:
" @Sparda: I'm aware of that. There was really no point in explaining it all.   ND "
Sorry but judging by your post an explenation was needed, because you based Deidara losing, on a loss that he suffered in a flah back. It would have been exceptable if you had listed why Pein would win, and how he would go about doing it but again I apologize for giving a brief explenation :P

Also whats stopping Deidara from using his microsopic bombs on Pein's bodies. None of them have shown lighting based jutsu. There bodies would explode from the inside out.
@Newdeath: well then it's a bit harder, i mean pain did have that rinnegan, and SIX bodies
so i am thinking along the line of madara and above

@Sparda said:
" @Newdeath said:
" @Sparda: I'm aware of that. There was really no point in explaining it all.   ND "
Sorry but judging by your post an explenation was needed, because you based Deidara losing, on a loss that he suffered in a flah back. It would have been exceptable if you had listed why Pein would win, and how he would go about doing it but again I apologize for giving a brief explenation :P  Also whats stopping Deidara from using his microsopic bombs on Pein's bodies. None of them have shown lighting based jutsu. There bodies would explode from the inside out. "

dying first?, i mean Pain have six bodies, and one of them controls gravity , where he can push and pull people as much as he likes to do , there's a reason why he is the leader, and can kill the whole konoha village
@Sparda: That is something you must take into consideration that Pain has "Six Bodies". Deidara using that technique would not be highly effective, God Realm (Deva Path) possessed Gravity Manipulating powers allowing to repel and attract opponents, a considerably strong Shinra Tensei was powerful enough to nearly destroy all of Konoha, Deidara wouldn't be able to withstand that kind of power. Pain's incredible power did allow him to manhandle virtually all of Konoha with the exception of Team Guy, I doubt Diedara alone could pull this feat. During Pain's Invasion we did witness Naruto slip further into his Kyuubi forms by entering the Six Tailed Form, Pain managed to create a Chibaku Tensei powerful enough to contain a Six Tailed Naruto however the Chibaku Tensei was broken by the Eight Tailed Form later on. Pain's Chibaku Tensei was strong enough to contain not only the Six Tailed form of Naruto but also his Six Tailed Fox Great Menacing Ball. Aside from that Pain's Bansho Ten'in should prove to be a difficult technique for Deidara to withstand.  

Though Pain never displayed any lightning-based jutsu, his Rinnegan allowed him to master every other elemental techniques. Pain's power allowed him to kill Sage Mode Jiraiya while he himself was not completely serious nor using his full power. If Deidara is pierced with the Chakra-Disrupting Blade then it should also lessen his chances of even surviving a battle against Pain. I also believe that if Deidara had even the slightest chance of defeating Pain he would have created a plan in order to leave Akatsuki through defeating its presumed leader Nagato. The elder toad Fukusaku stated that without understanding Pain's power nobody could defeat him, Madara Uchiha who thinks quite highly of himself said that Pain is "invincible" and Pain was strongly recognized as the most powerful member of Akatsuki. 

Pain's power is also quite unimaginably great as he was able to single handedly kill Hanzo and all of his associates and even Jiraiya upon learning about this was shocked that Hanzo had been defeated by Pain since Hanzo was able to easily overpower the Three Sannin during their youth.

ND
@cfatalis: He did have the Rinnegan although it is a pity he was unable to master it. Considering that the Sage Of The Six Paths has been the only single person in history to ever master the Rinnegan. 

ND
@Newdeath: well somehow all it shown to do was pretty much can be asscoiated with telekinesis
@cfatalis: Telekinesis not really. It is clearly gravitational manipulation due to the constant repletion and attraction, if it was telekinesis or something similar I would assume he would be able to move his opponents freely in any open direction and movement but with gravitational manipulation he is able to repel or attract his opponents. But I guess you could say it is similar. 

ND
Post by Dream (7,630 posts) See mini bio Level 21

What about Sasori with the Third Kazekage puppet? The puppet still retains the Kazekage's magnetic abilities which could be used to remove the chakra receivers on the corpses used for the Six Paths of Pein which would cripple and disable Nagato's control of them.
@Dream said:
" What about Sasori with the Third Kazekage puppet? The puppet still retains the Kazekage's magnetic abilities which could be used to remove the piercings of the Six Paths of Pein that allows Nagato to control them. "
that is if he didn't die first, of course he had to realize what is those piercings, and what they are made of, but yeah plausible situation, although sasori common tactic (poison) wouldn't work that well
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel