Can Amatseru Kill Logia Users? (Naruto vs OnePiece)

Topic started by ridtom2 on June 23, 2013. Last post by ohgodwhy 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by ridtom2 (148 posts) See mini bio Level 8

As stated above can Amatseru technique from Naruto, possibly kill Logia Users from One Piece?

Post by phantomrant (1,496 posts) See mini bio Level 10

If Amaterasu is able to burn down the entire logia body of said logias....

Which it won't.

Post by taichokage (15,274 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'd say it depends on the nature of the logia. For instance, some are solid elements in small particles, and others are pure energy. For instance, I can see it working on the likes of Crocodile because sand is merely fine particles of rock and earth and can catch flame and melt, but on the other hand you have Kizaru or Enel who are light and lightning respectively, which are impossible to be ignited, at least while in elemental form.
Post by ChromeDisaster (1,102 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@taichokage: I agree. Like fighting against Ace, Akainu, and Smoker would be absolutely stupid to do. Also like you said about Crocodile, it depends on the type of Logia it's being used against.

Post by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (1,327 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@taichokage: Except that he can just keep reforming, so it would really just be on him forever lol.

@taichokage: Yes but we've seen it devour actual Flames, so could it not ignite Light or Electricity?

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Nah it can probably only defeat water,ice or snow logias. I doubt it could kill ace because flames won't hurt him and he can constantly reform. It probably wouldn't kill crocodile because it would take a pretty long time for the rocks to melt and by that time he wouldn't reformed and it would be burning intirely new pieces of sand.

The answer is only on logias who's elemental weakness is fire.

Post by taichokage (15,274 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Light is a stretch. There's always light in the atmosphere and Amaterasu has never burned it. Similarly with lightning although I could see it happening More so than light.
Post by Dream (8,257 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Hmm, all that is known about Amaterasu is that it produces flames hotter than regular fire jutsu and it can't be extinguished unless you're an MS/ EMS user. It could likely harm Aokiji, but not so sure about the others due to the differing elements/ properties they have with their Logia.

@taichokage: I thought so, my friend thinks that if Sasuke were to use Amatseru on the Admirals when they aren't paying attention then it should burn them, but Idk

Post by waybig1010101 (4,072 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@ChromeDisaster: ace is made of fire and amaterasu has shown to burn flames itself so why wouldn't it work?
32:15

Post by JThree47605 (1,014 posts) See mini bio Level 10

As already stated, it depends on the logia ability. I think it would work on Ace, Crocodile Aokiji and Ceaser

@waybig1010101: Even if he burnt through flames, Amaterasu is still fire isn't it? Ace is the embodiment of fire is he not? he can easily reform, and or escape. But knowing sasuke, he wont use it on Ace himself, maybe against Ace's techniques. But you do have a point though

Post by waybig1010101 (4,072 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@ChromeDisaster: yeah for me i think that amaterasu could be use on a good amount of logia types but not all of them. 

What if he burned the clothing on them? would it still cause an effect? So many questions...

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Swamp-Swamp Fruit and Dark-Dark Fruit: Can just absorb the flames and avoid any more damage

Sand-Sand Fruit, Smoke-Smoke Fruit, Glint-Glint Fruit and Rumble-Rumble Fruit: can just avoid any damage, by breaking apart

Magma-Magma Fruit, Gas-Gas Fruit, Snow-Snow Fruit, Flame-Flame Fruit and Chilly-Chilly Fruit: can't really avoid the attack (the gas will just explode)

But I wonder, can the gas and the magma suffocate the flames?

@Destinyheroknight: If Aces fire wouldn't hurt Akainu, neither will Amaterasu. The hierarchy of power still stands. Magma/Lava>Flame/Fire

Until there is some indication of how hot Amaterasu is, I don't think he is hurting Akainu. But I don't see Caesar smothering the fire unless he can make Co2 , which he probably can, im not too sure. But even then, I believe that Amaterasu can't be extinguished (I think they said that in manga/anime.)

@ChromeDisaster: I don't know about that. Amatseru isn't a normal flame...It's been known to eat a lot. I wonder how hot it is.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@ChromeDisaster:

If Aces fire wouldn't hurt

If the Amaterasu hotter then regular flames, then it will hurt him. Ace isn't immune to all flames

It debatable with Akainu, since we don't know how hot is Amaterasu is

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,255 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Has Amaterasu even managed to kill anyone in Naruto, the whole techniques seems hyperbole, on topic it would burn some yet pass through others

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel