Byakuya vs. Gaara

Topic started by Galenbeta on April 21, 2013. Last post by UltimateHero0406 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by phantomrant (1,274 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@UltimateHero0406 said:

1. Still, a simple blade attack took the guy's arm off and Gama got away scott free. He's not all that.

Yeah, because Gamabunta jumped away right after he slashed his arm off. So what? This is the same blade attack that Gamabunta used to cut into Pain's Ceberus, same Ceberus that was able to tank a RM-enhanced FRS unscatched. Except that time, Gamabunta had no trouble doing it, whereas he did immense difficulty slashing the Shukaku's arm off. You act like just because Gamabunta didn't get injured in that moment means the Shukaku is unimpressive and slow as hell. No, it doesn't mean that.

2. I'm not arguing Byakuya. I'm arguing Yammy.

Then we're getting completely off-topic, seeing as this is a Byakuya vs Gaara thread.

3. They were using it most of the fight but he was still able to drop them both in the end. Plus Chad.

Show me the scans were Yammy was able to catch a speeding Rukia, Renji, and Chad, because all I can find is a completely off-panel fight between Yammy and Rukia, Renji, and Chad.

4. Shukaku's air bullets (which are his only effective attack)

Forgetting about the Bijuudama, aren't you?

missed Gama who is the same size.

I don't see your point. All this means is that Gamabunta is faster than the Renkuudan. Doesn't mean that a Shunpoless Byakuya will be able to dodge it, nor does it mean that Yammy will dodge it

And Shukaku isn't the most mobile fighter.

No, he isn't, but speed means nothing in this fight.

And yeah that was my point. He could barely fight Gama moving at the same speed while Yammy tagged 2 opponents who were faster than him.

Nope.

Sand is not doing squat to Yammy. Period point blank.

Okay. But I didn't say anything about sand attacks.

He took hits from Kenpachi who would would turn Shukaku into a litter box.

Except he got cut apart by those attacks, so you're going nowhere by stating that Yammy took hits from a patched kenpachi who was just running around, casually slashing Yammy up, whose Hierro offered no defense against them. Shukaku can do the exact same thing.

And maybe not in one hit I guess but after about 2 or 3 or some balas, Shukaku is going down. They pack a lot more of a punch than air bullets.

Prove it.

Btw, we should get back to Byakuya vs Gaara. Do you think that Byakuya will beat the Shukaku?

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,024 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@phantomrant:

1. Yeah. His lack of speed and mobility made it pretty easy to get away. While in my vids, Yammy could chase down his targets. And that doesn't mean much. Gama has never shown any particular strength feats that would make his full effort mean anything. Yeah he cut the cerberus. And? The rasen shuriken wasn't made for cutting like a traditional blade. It has never cut anyone in half ever. Or does this mean that Kakuzu's durability is on an exceptionally high level? Kenpachi would beat gama in a few swings.

2. So I just proved the majority of your argument dead wrong.

To summarize so far:

• Yammy faster than Shukaku
  • 1 cero would f**k up shukaku bad
  • Shukaku is not one shotting Yammy

3. Do you mean the Bijuu Dama that he has never used ever? No I did't forget it. It would just be extremely unlikely and out of character that he would use it here. And we don't even know how strong it would be. But a lot weaker than Naruto or Killer Bee's so it's not even like you can powerscale for it anyway.

4. Yammy doesn't have to dodge it since it won't do much before Yammy ceros Shukaku to dust. He could probably even just block it with his energy like he did in the vid.

5. Guess not. But that just reinforces the fact that Shukaku won't be dodging Yammy's killer cero.

6. Yep

7. My fault

8. Yeah but he survived. A couple even flipped him over. So yammy survived attacks from a guy who can flip him in one swing. And then he took an attack from Byakuya AND Kenpachi to the face and only got angrier and entered his final stage which Shukaku stands no earthly chance against. And are you say Shukaku is going to cut Yammy? With what? And Yammy has taken almost zero damage from the number of blast attacks he took from Rukia Renji and Chad so Air Bullet isn't doing much if anything at all. And like I said, Kenpachi is stronger than Shukaku and Gamabunta so that isn't proving your point.

9. Already did bro/sis

10. And yeah, I think Byakuya still has a chance at winning.

@UltimateHero0406 said:

1.Yeah. His lack of speed and mobility made it pretty easy to get away. While in my vids, Yammy could chase down his targets. And that doesn't mean much. Gama has never shown any particular strength feats that would make his full effort mean anything. Yeah he cut the cerberus. And? The rasen shuriken wasn't made for cutting like a traditional blade. It has never cut anyone in half ever. Or does this mean that Kakuzu's durability is on an exceptionally high level? Kenpachi would beat gama in a few swings.

I'm not even going to argue about speed anymore, seeing as the nerfed Byakuya and yammy here also have unimpressive levels of speed. But I'll say that the Shukaku's body is durable enough to withstand a FRS's destructive output, which is at least at city block level. This not only means that yammy will not be one-shotting him, but also Byakuya has nothing to deal major damage to him with.

2. So I just proved the majority of your argument dead wrong.

I really don't even have to look at the video. It's non-canonical. Complete filler.

3. Do you mean the Bijuu Dama that he has never used ever? No I did't forget it. It would just be extremely unlikely and out of character that he would use it here. And we don't even know how strong it would be. But a lot weaker than Naruto or Killer Bee's so it's not even like you can powerscale for it anyway.

How the hell is it out of character? The Shukaku is a Bijuu, and a destructive one at that. He's naturally bloodlusted. Now that the TBB has been introduced and developed in the manga, he should use it right off the bat. All of the Bijuu can use a bijuudama.

Funny. The Nibi all the way up to the Nanabi all have equally strong TBBs (and it looks like the Hachibi as well), yet Shukaku gets the short end of this because he's the weakest of the Bijuu? I don't think so. We're looking at a mountain-level TBB here, unless you have a reason why the Shukaku can't produce a TBB at least at mountain level.

5. Guess not. But that just reinforces the fact that Shukaku won't be dodging Yammy's killer cero.

No, but he'll withstand it, pull himself back together, and get ready for dat TBB.

Yeah but he survived. A couple even flipped him over. So yammy survived attacks from a guy who can flip him in one swing. And then he took an attack from Byakuya AND Kenpachi to the face and only got angrier and entered his final stage which Shukaku stands no earthly chance against. And are you say Shukaku is going to cut Yammy? With what? And Yammy has taken almost zero damage from the number of blast attacks he took from Rukia Renji and Chad so Air Bullet isn't doing much if anything at all. And like I said, Kenpachi is stronger than Shukaku and Gamabunta so that isn't proving your point.

So what? He survived because the attack wasn't severe in proportion to his body. It's like a thorn pricking your fingers. Of course it's not going to kill him. The same attacks wouldn't even kill people of similar size of yammy even if they were nowhere near as powerful as Yammy, because the damage isn't severe enough. It's not a durability feat, and it it's barely an endurance feat. Patched Kenpachi casually walked all over him, and he got slashed in the face even when Kenpachi and Byakuya were busy fighting each other, instead of Yammy. Pretty unimpressive for Yammy. The only thing Yammy has is stamina and endurance. Something that will not help him when he gets blasted by a TBB.

9. Already did bro/sis

How?

10. And yeah, I think Byakuya still has a chance at winning.

Why?

Post by xlab3000 (1,359 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Byakuya

@phantomrant: Ummm, how is it non canon? It's part of the main story. And like I said, it proves the vast majority of your argument dead wrong.

And it's out of character because in all the time that we saw it, it never once used that attack which makes it unlikely to just up and decide to do it. If he didn't decide to use it after getting his friggin arm cut off, I doubt he will in the short time before he gets blown to bits by Yammy. And like I said, we have no idea how strong it would be so you can't use that.

How do you know he will pull himself back together? Did he regrow his arm? Did he show any regen? Did you forget that he has a human in him? If Gaara were to be blasted out of existence, Shukaku would die. Plus with the little tyke right in his forehead, he won't be hard to miss.

And yeah getting hit in the face multiple times by Kenoachi is a good feat. And like I said, after all that, he just entered his final form which heals all of his injuries btw. So even if Shukaku could manage to significantly hurt Yammy, all of his effort would be for naught at that point. I'm just not seeing how Shukaku would pose a threat before getting owned. Better reflexes, higher blast power, regen.

Read above.

And like I said, Byakuya's 1 sword swing (along with Kenpachi) was enough to flip Yammy over pretty easily so he could damage Shukaku.

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@phantomrant: Ummm, how is it non canon? It's part of the main story. And like I said, it proves the vast majority of your argument dead wrong.

Go back to the manga, and show me the scenes in the manga the anime adapted it from.

And it's out of character because in all the time that we saw it, it never once used that attack which makes it unlikely to just up and decide to do it. If he didn't decide to use it after getting his friggin arm cut off, I doubt he will in the short time before he gets blown to bits by Yammy. And like I said, we have no idea how strong it would be so you can't use that.

I already explained why the Shukaku did not use the bijuudama. It was because Kishimoto did not develop it, yet. Thus, from an in-storyline point of view, the Shukaku not using the bijuudama is due to CIS/PIS.

Okay, now you're just ignoring the Naruto vs Jinchuruki fight. All five of the Bijuu, despite it's obvious that each of them is stronger than the either except for the Nibi, generated a Bijuudama with the same power output to it. Unless you have a reason why the Ichibi cannot do the same, or that the power outputs were noticably different, you have no case. Shukaku shoots out a mountain-level bijuudama and both Yammy and Byakuya gets liquidated by it.

How do you know he will pull himself back together? Did he regrow his arm? Did he show any regen? Did you forget that he has a human in him? If Gaara were to be blasted out of existence, Shukaku would die. Plus with the little tyke right in his forehead, he won't be hard to miss.

Yeah, he pretty much did. You can see that his arm was back in place after Gamabuna cut it off.

Except Yammy nor Byakuya will even be able to touch Gaara, due to the fact that Shukaku can simply tilt his head out of the way from any of the attacks either would place on him.

And yeah getting hit in the face multiple times by Kenoachi is a good feat. And like I said, after all that, he just entered his final form which heals all of his injuries btw. So even if Shukaku could manage to significantly hurt Yammy, all of his effort would be for naught at that point. I'm just not seeing how Shukaku would pose a threat before getting owned. Better reflexes, higher blast power, regen.

he only got hit once by a patched Kenpachi who wasn't even trying to fight him, and his jaw broke. His endurance doesn't help him when he gets obliterated by a bijuudama.

Read above.

You've literally didn't even mention anything about the power of Yammy's Balas and how they compare to Shukaku's Air bullets.

And like I said, Byakuya's 1 sword swing (along with Kenpachi) was enough to flip Yammy over pretty easily so he could damage Shukaku.

Except Kenpachi was vastly stronger than Byakuya, so of course the force of his sword swing would cause Yammy to tilt backwards. You can tell this just by looking at the damage both of them dealt to Yammy. Kenpachi broke the lower right portion of his face while the only thing Byakuya managed was put a mere wound on it.

And that was because Yammy was stupid enough to put his face right in front of the both of them. What if Shukaku launches a Renkuudan? Or simply punts Byakuya with his arm?

@phantomrant:

That's not how it works. As long as it doesn't contradict the manga plot. It's perfectly canon. And that makes the rest of your argument null and void but I'll continue anyway.

And it's not like every tailed beast just up and decides to use a bijuu bomb (which takes an ass load of time to use btw) so even if he did decide to use it (which he probably won't) he will be one shotted long before then.

LOL umm no. So let me get this straight. Your argument as to why Shukaku wouldn't get smoked right off the bat is that Yammy and Byakuya will just so happen to aim at the space between Shukaku's shoulder and neck and miss. LOL so i'm just gonna pretend you didn't say that, ok? So it's a lot more likely that Yammy will aim at that big ass belly of his which Shukaku cannot dodge.

And that's not helping your argument because Kenpachi's swings are building level so of course he does damage. And like I said, there are a good number of reasons why Shukaku won't be hitting Yammy with a bijuu dama. One major one is because Yammy is much more likely to get bored and just let off a cero than Shukaku to use his unlikely attack.

Umm ok. Thanks for mentioning another attack that has a better fire rate then air/water bullets and would also kill Shukaku.

And like I said, Air bullets aren't going to hurt Yammy. Especially if they could just barely damage Gamabunta with a direct hit. Yammy could block something like that with just his spirit energy.

So like I've been trying to tell you, there would just be too many factors against Shukaku here:

1. Yammy has better speed/reflexes/mobility

2. Shukaku has precious cargo. If Yammy lands 1 good hit, Gaara will get killed and Shukaku will die.

3. Yammy is much more likely to use cero/bala/punch the hell out of Shukaku than Shukaku is to use the only attack in his arsenal that could actually damage Yammy, the Bijuu Bomb which he has never decided to use before, ever.

4. Yammy has more to damage Shukaku than the other way around. Air Bullets won't do squat to Yammy. If that is what Shukaku decides to start off with (he most likely will) then Yammy will laugh at him and blow Shukaku to bits.

5. Even if Shukaku did manage to do significant damage to Yammy somehow, he will just evolve into his final form, get all of his injuries healed, and be even stronger.

As for Byakuya, one physical from Shukaku won't kill him as he's tanked worse. Plus, you make it seem like Shukaku has some special durability feats. The only thing he has is size. Other than that, he's nothing special. A full attack from Byakuya's bankai aimed at Shukaku's head would have an effect.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel