Byakuya kuchiki vs kenpachi zaraki

Topic started by rein on Oct. 24, 2009. Last post by KingSolomon 3 years, 6 months ago.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Who wins the title of most powerful soul reaper captain? 
Personally i give this to zaraki if he starts the fight at full strength.
Post by Azkikr (19 posts) See mini bio Level 3
I'd be leaning on Byakuya, basically his speed means Kenpachi probably wouldn't touch him and his bankai would be almost impossible for Ken to live through seeing as he isn't incredibly fast or anything.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
i am on kenpachi, what he lacks on speed he make it  up in defense, one shot by kenpachi means byakuya is dead
Post by taichokage (13,241 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@rein said:
" Who wins the title of most powerful soul reaper captain?  Personally i give this to zaraki if he starts the fight at full strength. "
Neither lol. That title Goes to Yamamoto or Aizen but between the two I'd bet on Zaraki.
@taichokage said:
" @rein said:
" Who wins the title of most powerful soul reaper captain?  Personally i give this to zaraki if he starts the fight at full strength. "
Neither lol. That title Goes to Yamamoto or Aizen but between the two I'd bet on Zaraki. "
you forgot "ichigo asspull kurosaki"
Post by sinister_noob_incarnate (474 posts) See mini bio Level 3
kenpachi has the win, not easily, but he he does have the advantage.
@cfatalis said:
" @taichokage said:
" @rein said:
Neither lol. That title Goes to Yamamoto or Aizen but between the two I'd bet on Zaraki. "
you forgot "ichigo asspull kurosaki" "
Ichigo is no match for either of them. besides he relies on his hollow powers in every fight. As far as shinigami powers go he's not even as good as a captain. He goes bankai and hollow mask immediately for every fight now. If any captain had a mask they would own Kurosaki.
Post by sinister_noob_incarnate (474 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@taichokage said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @taichokage said:
" @rein said:
Ichigo is no match for either of them. besides he relies on his hollow powers in every fight. As far as shinigami powers go he's not even as good as a captain. He goes bankai and hollow mask immediately for every fight now. If any captain had a mask they would own Kurosaki. "
ya seriously.
@sinister_noob_incarnate said:
" @taichokage said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @taichokage said:
" @rein said:
Ichigo is no match for either of them. besides he relies on his hollow powers in every fight. As far as shinigami powers go he's not even as good as a captain. He goes bankai and hollow mask immediately for every fight now. If any captain had a mask they would own Kurosaki. "
ya seriously. "
if they had a mask, remember ichigo is rated high because he have the mask
Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Byakuya
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7

kenpachi all the way if he gets close game over (note: ichigo destroyed him(weaken him) with one cut in hollow form
Post by TheManipulater (725 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I have to bump this because byakuya would win easily. yes byakuya got hit by a HOLLOW ichigo plus byakuya was caught off guard. they had a little fight in filler and that to me portrayed how most likely it would go down. but in the end it kind of dipicted that byakuya would win. there is no way byakuya is going to block senbonzakura at once he will get tired of using his reiatsu and eventually fall to his blade.plus saying that byakuya cant take a hit is stupid because against zommari he intentionally cut his arm and leg rendering them unusable
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
They're pretty even. What Zaraki lacks in speed makes up with demonic reflexes and veteran instincts.  And perhaps Kenny is notorious for ignoring wounds. As for explanation why Zaraki lost ot "shikai Ichigo" while against Byakuya he needed to learn bankai there's an obvious reason: Zaraki in the whole fight was never serious. It's obvious he just played around and waited for Ichigo to fight with his full power. Byakuya on the other hand was dead-serious and would cut Ichigo down at any occasion.

Also later parts of the manga prove that Bankai=10x power was a huge hyperbole. If anything Bankai unleashes the Zanpakuto's real power but as we saw Shinigami can fight very well even without relying on their Zanpakuto. Simply put, unleashing your bankai wouldn't made your Kido spells more effective, neither cause any visible physical power-up if it's not part of the Bankai ability. Take Byakuya as an example. He's just as dangerous with unreleased blade as with Senbozakura. The difference only lies in the scale of attacks. To make things short Ichigo's power is relatively independent from his sword state. Well, he indeed gets stronger in Bankai but the state Ichigo was in against Kenpachi hardly can be called ordinary. Ichigo suddenly reached near the peak of communication with his Zanpakuto and became a determinator in state of mind. That attack was a once-in-a-lifetime strike, considering Ichigo never showed such feats ever since then.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Byakuya 6.5/10 

Speed, Kido, and Byakuya also has massive Reitsu. 

Ken has the higher Reitsu and durability. 

Byakuya is to versitile, and with his speed should find a way to win a tough one. 

No Kenpachi ftw still. speed wouldn't do anything against zaraki who has fought against opponents faster than himself and won (nnoitra) kidou is pretty useless too as he blocks high level ceros with his bare hand and bakudo spells (short of high tier) wont hold him. And he has a huge advantage in strength, and endurance. Also note that to date Zaraki has yet to seriously exert himself in a fight (the only serious instant was his kendo strike against nnoitra) whereas Byakuya still needs bankai and kidou for practically every fight and doesn't hold back nearly as much as zaraki. imo Zaraki takes it 7/10 times.
Post by TheManipulater (725 posts) See mini bio Level 10
It's common knowledge that byakuya wrecks kenpachi, kenny only gets by because of his high reitsu and ability to take several hits.
@TheManipulater said:
"It's common knowledge that byakuya wrecks kenpachi, kenny only gets by because of his high reitsu and ability to take several hits. "

Kenpachi can take more than byakuya can and can dish out more. byakuya's sole real advantage is speed which is no big obstacle as ichigo and nnoitra were both faster than he was yet he beat them. only other advantage is kidou most of which would be useless as zaraki can block powerful blasts bare handed and anything short of an 80's or 90's spell probably wouldn't hold him and even if they could byakuya probably needs the incantations for 90's and high 80's spells.
Post by judge (743 posts) See mini bio Level 7

kenny wins here
@judge said:
"kenny wins here "

Yes he does.
Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Byakuya.  He's no slouch at hand to hand combat and just based off of what the anime has shown him do, I think he's significantly more skilled at it than Kenpachi is.  Kenpachi may swing harder but he pretty much just wails on people with no real technique or skill.

Hand-to-hand is all Kenny has.  Byakuya also has high level kidou abilities that he can use in the middle of a fight without breaking a sweat and these will let him keep Kenpachi at a distance in case he needs a break from hand-to-hand combat.  His shikai and bankai give him an advantage as well.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel