Byakuya Kuchiki (Post-Timeskip) vs Itachi (Prime)

Topic started by ALMIGHTY on Jan. 16, 2014. Last post by supernova7005 9 months ago.
Post by ALMIGHTY (403 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Rules: This is Itachi in his prime, meaning he has no sickness no edo tensei but has all abilities such as izanami, susanoo etc.

Both men are bloodlusted & do not have any knowledge of each other.

If this is a stomp for Byakuya equalize speed.

If this a stomp for Itachi no genjutsu.

Who wins ???

Post by phantomrant (1,401 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Itachi, then. Susanoo + Yata's Mirror can no-sell Byakuya's Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, whether he lets all the petals flow, uses Gokei, or compresses his reiatsu all in one attack.

And from then on it isn't too hard to tag Byakuya, whose speed is easily tracked by Itachi's reflexes and Sharingan. Itachi would either blindside him with Amaterasu then impale him with the Totsuka Sword, put him down with the Magatama, or lock eyes and mindfuck him with Tsukiyomi.

Post by taichokage (14,163 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Byakuya. Rikujoukoro, decapitate. That's If speed is equalized.

@taichokage: Well Byakuya is faster than Itachi anyway so he doesn't need speed equalized.

Post by Justice (767 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Itachi, Byakuya can't get past Susanoo, Itachi activated that thing before lightning could strike him and that was while dying.

@Justice: Kirin =/= equal lightning speed... It was calced much slower than lightning & even if it were Itachi was staring up at it before it was even casted so he had more than enough time to react between watching sasuke lower his hand & the dragon going up in the clouds and raining down.

Kirin is hypersonic at best & so is itachi.

@ALMIGHTY: Ah, that's right well going by cacls if I recall Itachi should be faster but Byakuya was calced to have town level stats while Itachi has multi city block to small city level with Susanoo. I say Itachi can win via genjutsu or sealing Byakuya.

@Justice: I agree on the notion that Itachi would win here, but disagree that Itachi is faster only because Byakuya has shunpo or "flash step" which he has used to speed blitz many shinigami, he is renowned as being one of the best shunpo users & while Itachi has nice reaction speed im kinda iffy on his movement speed since most battles he stands in one spot.

But yeah I think Itachi takes this due to his hax lol

@ALMIGHTY: Yeah but Bleach is notorious for characters who look impressive but really aren't. It appears they are both equal in speed

Itachi

Byakuya

@ALMIGHTY said:

@Justice: I agree on the notion that Itachi would win here, but disagree that Itachi is faster only because Byakuya has shunpo or "flash step" which he has used to speed blitz many shinigami, he is renowned as being one of the best shunpo users & while Itachi has nice reaction speed im kinda iffy on his movement speed since most battles he stands in one spot.

Byakuya's Shunpo feats are lacking at best.

> Blitzed Shikai Ichigo and was running circles around him in the SS Arc

> Blitzed Zommari several times

The first one isn't impressive and later on Ichigo was able to react to him casually even in Shikai

The second one is a good testament to Byakuya's speed as blitzing the Espada who is the most skilled with Sonido is impressive, especially if he did it twice with one leg, but falls short because of the fact that Zommari's reflexes are dubious without using Gemelos Sonido to showcase his speed. With the technique that made Zommari name himself as "the fastest Espada", he was able to consistently blitz Byakuya who couldn't track his speed at all, and had to use Utsusemi to get away from his two-clone attack.

Aside from speedster hype, visuals/speed ines, and portrayal (a.k.a. fan intuition), Byakuya's speed isn't that great. And said portrayal should only be used in an in-verse context (and even then it's not a reliable habit).

Itachi's movement speed feats aren't that much better off the top of my head, since his are mostly reaction based. But Itachi was definitely portrayed as a speedster, what with blitzing Hebi Sasuke and later on as an Edo he was able to dodge Killer Bee's Samehada slashes plus move on par with EMS Sasuke.

Actually come to think of it Byakuya can't win with speed equalized. He is faster than Itachi although reactions go to the latter. I think current Byakuya could take this but it's all hype right now. I'll retract my previous statement. Itachi wins. At least for now.

@phantomrant: Im pretty sure bankai ichigo who we could safely assume is slower than post timeskip Byakuya is faster than anyone that Itachi has ever fought, Kirin sasuke was supersonic at best and even so Itachi's was stationary the majority of that fight, he only appeared to move in instances when he casted genjutsus on sasuke, Killer bee's striking speed with Samehada wasn't that impressive, and I give Itachi SOME credit for keeping up with EMS sasuke but even that isn't really impressive EMS sasuke isn't that much of a speedster, & on top of that they both were getting blitzed by Kabuto & Itachi was an EDO so his physical capabilities are kinda questionable

I'd say at best Itachi has hypersonic + reaction speed but no way is he hypersonic + in movement speed.

Agreed entirely.
Post by takashichea (13,136 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@ALMIGHTY:

Don't forget to clean your manga images of any watermarks. I did it for you. Next time, take the time to do it in the future. Thank you.

Post by takashichea (13,136 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@ALMIGHTY:

I see this is a dupe thread since it has been started and the other threads are older than one year. I lock the old ones.

Next time, contact me if you're making a thread that has been used already. I manage the threads for Vapovile's character usage project. Dupe threads like mess up the data.

Post by nishi99 (1,782 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Itachi just has too much in his arsenal for Byakuya. But i think current Byakuya might have a shot.

Post by All_StarSupes (778 posts) See mini bio Level 10

If byakuya gets to Itachi before he activates Susanoo then he can win, if not Itachi wins fairly easily.

@ALMIGHTY said:

@phantomrant: Im pretty sure bankai ichigo who we could safely assume is slower than post timeskip Byakuya is faster than anyone that Itachi has ever fought,

I hope you're not saying that post-timeskip Ichigo is slower than post-timeskip Byakuya. Because Ichigo would blitz the shat outta him. For meh, post-timeskip Byakuya shouldn't be any faster than FKT arc Ichigo.

And even then, it doesn't matter.

sasuke was supersonic at best and even so Itachi's was stationary the majority of that fight, he only appeared to move in instances when he casted genjutsus on sasuke

His burst speed was capable of blitzing a supersonic+ Sasuke, which effectively puts him at bare minimum hypersonic.

Killer bee's striking speed with Samehada wasn't that impressive, and I give Itachi SOME credit for keeping up with EMS sasuke but even that isn't really impressive EMS sasuke isn't that much of a speedster, & on top of that they both were getting blitzed by Kabuto & Itachi was an EDO so his physical capabilities are kinda questionable

I'd say at best Itachi has hypersonic + reaction speed but no way is he hypersonic + in movement speed.

His striking speed is very impressive, seeing as this is the same guy who blitzed MS Sasuke with his swords (Itachi was also distracted with his brief tussle with RM Naruto at the time and the slash came from behind).

Sasuke has always been a speedster, it's just that he received less portrayal as time went by, as all speedsters in this series do. This is the same Sasuke who was more or less moving at the same pace as RM Naruto.

Not really concerned with Itachi being hypersonic+ or not, since it's not like Byakuya is even in that speed range as far as feats go. Itachi wouldn't have any trouble reacting to his speed and move accordingly to evade or counter.

Post by GeneralVan (2,006 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I'm going with Itachi here honestly. If Byakuya avoids the Sharingan he can win but still that Susanoo. I'd give it to Itachi more times than not. Until current Byakuya gets more feats I'd go with the 2nd coolest Uchiha (behind Madara of course, and slightly above godbito and way above saucekage)
Post by luthluth (1,375 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Itachi mainly wins because of Susanoo tho Byakuya could win just as easily with a binding kido and bankai. In character I have never seen mortal Itachi use Susanoo or Amaterasu as hes primary moves in a fight unless hes life in danger, this could play into hes defeat. Byakuya also excels over Itachi in physical feats and capabilities. The Susanoo isn't perfect defense you can hurt the user from launching an attack underground, Byakuya is no fool he has 110 years in battle experience.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel