Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs Hollow Ichigo

Topic started by shonen on July 30, 2012. Last post by FalconC2 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Didn't Buffy lose those powers a while ago?

Post by ReiKai (3,514 posts) See mini bio Level 10

We're not even talking about Cannonball here.

What are you on about?

Clearly you failed to understand what was being said. I will simplify; Travel Speed =/= Combat Reaction

These were examples. Cannonball has high travel speed and almost no reaction speed. DBZ characters, like Goku, have high combat reaction times, but have far slower Travel Speeds in comparison. Another example is Vampire Hunter D. He has upwards of around Lightspeed to low FTL reaction at best. His Running/Travel speed isn't anything remotely in the same category. 

The best Reaction you showed for Buffy was outpacing and reading the writing on a bullet. That's low super-sonic. Ichigo was demonstrating hypersonic combat reaction in Soul Society Arc as Bankai.

Does that look like a plateau in the second page? No.

Vegeta begs to differ. 2:06sec start.

Post by FalconC2 (377 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Clearly you failed to understand what was being said. I will simplify; Travel Speed =/= Combat Reaction

No. I understand that you were trying to say that. What I don't understand is why you haven't explained how a character can travel that fast without reflexes/reactions to keep up with themselves. In this case, how Buffy could have traveled from Tibet to Budapest, England and Brussels and back after checking Gile's safe-houses in a couple of seconds without having the reactions/reflexes to keep up with herself. If you don't have an explanation for that then Buffy should also be able to fight at those speeds.

These were examples. Cannonball has high travel speed and almost no reaction speed. DBZ characters, like Goku, have high combat reaction times, but have far slower Travel Speeds in comparison. Another example is Vampire Hunter D. He has upwards of around Lightspeed to low FTL reaction at best. His Running/Travel speed isn't anything remotely in the same category.

Buffy is not Cannonball, and you haven't provided anything that proves that Cannonball can't do the same. You're just relying on an association fallacy right now.

As for the D thing. You have got what I was saying completely backwards. I was saying that a character with impressive movement speed should have reactions/reflexes to match, otherwise they wouldn't be able to keep up with themselves. Not that a character should have a movement speed that matches their reactions/reflexes.

The best Reaction you showed for Buffy was outpacing and reading the writing on a bullet. That's low super-sonic. Ichigo was demonstrating hypersonic combat reaction in Soul Society Arc as Bankai.

How could Buffy have checked/searched Gile's safe-houses in all those places, and come back in a couple of seconds, if she didn't have the reflexes/reactions to keep up with herself? There is no way she could have done that if she didn't have the reactions/reflexes to match.

Vegeta begs to differ. 2:06sec start.

Why would you even post a video of DBZ abridged to prove your point, which is wrong by the way, in a thread about Buffy VS Ichigo? That is completely unrelated.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,036 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@ReiKai:

I think I know what your trying to say. This should be sorta similar to your point:

Batman is always right.

Both Wonder Woman and Superman are super-fast, and have dozens of great movement/reaction feats. However, that is also unrelated to what I was saying. You guys are missing the point.

How can a character move from one specific part of the planet to the next without having the reactions/reflexes to know where they are going? Have you tried running or flying from New York to Florida in a second, under your own power? You think a normal human being can keep up with themselves at that speed and see where they are going? No. Things will be too fast for them to even process. That's why they have to have the reactions/reflexes to keep up with themselves so they can know and control where they are going. Common sense, people.

@FalconC2: Well it all depends on the difference between your Speed and reaction time. For example, professional drivers go through obstacle courses at high speeds. They themselves are incapable of moving at such speeds but they can still maneuver the car with skill because it is within their reaction time. I believe your argument was that Buffy has enormous reaction time to be able to keep up with herself, right? Correct me if 'm wrong. That is true. But all I'm saying is that even though it may be good it may not quite equal her travel speed. With regular humans, the reaction time and travel speed are a lot closer but with super humans, the two speeds tend to drift apart a great distance.

Yeah, but we're talking about someone who moves thousands of kilometers per second. Her combat speed should be around that, considering that she can maneuver and control herself at those speeds; even if it was just close or somewhere near it, it would still be way too fast for Ichigo. Plus, Buffy can just ram into Ichigo at that speed. There's no way Ichigo is dodging or countering that.

@FalconC2: Yeah. That's why I went with Buffy.

Well, alright then.

Post by Viltsu300 (7 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Hollow Ichigo wins easy
Post by Arnoboy (55 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Whatever way you look at it, Buffy loses. Even when She gets Twilight's powers.

@Viltsu300: @Arnoboy:

I am assuming that the two of you are dupes of each other.

Also, neither of you have put up a good argument as to why Buffy loses this match.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel