Broly Vs. Thor

Topic started by mydeathlyways on Dec. 20, 2010. Last post by eddz99 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,132 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@mypasswordis1234: what does god have to do with this? look my bad so are we good now? also this needs to get locked it has gone on well too long

Post by debeze (222 posts) See mini bio Level 9

lol silver... filler??? lololol this is non canon to the manga... or the tv series anime but it is canon to broly...

@MisterShin: it would take 100,000 years to travel across the galaxy at the speed of light.... just so u know

and broly is not even 30.....

Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@SMXLR8 said:

@mypasswordis1234: what does god have to do with this? look my bad so are we good now? also this needs to get locked it has gone on well too long

You posted a the bible on that pic.... but whatever, apology accepted. Agreed this need to be locked, everyone knows Broly wins. :)

@MisterShin: Look at my calculation on the Broly vs Nova thread. The DBZ galaxy has 75 trillion stars according to the daizzenshu or what offical book.

Post by TheVoiceOfReason (14 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Broly, Thor is a weak chump.

Post by shakyric_lawson (64 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@MisterShin:

WRONG!!!

Watch the original Japanese version. It clearly says something else. I have the quote here, and you can watch it on youtube.

Narrator: " The Southern Galaxy has fallen under a Super Saiyan attack"

*** Galaxy disappears in background ***

King Kai: " T- Then, the South Galaxy really is being..."

There's your galaxy destroying feat, LOL. As you can see, nothing even close to a galaxy was ever destroyed in DBZ...

This video also explains in GREAT detail why you're wrong....

@MisterShin

@mypasswordis1234                                                                                                   

@mypasswordis1234  I don't know old time Thor and neither modern Thor so much, but he couldn't beat Hulk in h2h. Comparing them to any Z fighters is a joke. It's Mjolnir vs Broly.

Really, lets see about that?        

I'll try to post 2 scans for each example...

STRENGTH

First strength... Thor lifts a being said to be as heavy as or heavier than the planet...

He resists the gravity of something equal to the mass of a neutron star...

ENDURANCE

Survives being crushed by the weight of several planets...

Created and withstood an energy attack 1000 times hotter than the sun...

Survives an energy attack that destroyed a planet...

MOLJNIR : THORS HAMMER

NOT ONLY, does he take the energy right from his body, but he returns it tenfold...

f

@shakyric_lawson said:

@MisterShin:

WRONG!!!

Watch the original Japanese version. It clearly says something else. I have the quote here, and you can watch it on youtube.

There's your galaxy destroying feat, LOL. As you can see, nothing even close to a galaxy was ever destroyed in DBZ...

Here we go again... Others posted that vid too... The vid based on a simple metaphor what he doesn't understand. Before I say anything further, would you share YOUR thought about what did the animators shown in the opening, why Kaio was becoming so bothered suddenly, why are they telling that the galaxy destroyed on other occasions in the movie? Without any subtitle or dub I could understand that the galaxy destroyed, a god-kind dude don't happy with that, he warned the strong guys they will have a fight, and later they realized Broly is that certain person.

For your another reply: Thor is slow, he doesn't have any impressive combat speed, not comparable to the DB/DBZ fighters.

@mypasswordis1234:

This is a feat that was... somehow left out before in my previous comment.

STRENGTH

First strength... Thor lifts a being said to be as heavy as or heavier than the planet...

Anyway, as for your question... I think the animators showed either, the literal destruction over a long period of time, or made the darkness analogous to the saiyans(Broly) to depict the darkness and evil spreading throughout the galaxy.

Anyway, if you actually believe that Broly destroyed the galaxy or even a large part of it, I don't mean to sound rude but, you're just flat out wrong. The original Japanese dub makes no mention of the entire galaxy being destroyed. Translation errors are quite common in DBZ... Raditz being faster than light is an example of another dub error...

The fact is, not only did Goku travel throughout the galaxy in search of Broly, but you can very plainly and clearly see other stars and planets in this galaxy through the movie. In the japanese dub, they're not telling us that the galaxy was destroyed throughout the movie. They only emphasize the destruction and terror that he's caused... King Kai was bothered because he thought that his galaxy would be invaded next. In the Japanese dub, nothing is ever said about Broly or any super saiyans destroying entire galaxies. This HUGE misunderstanding is all thanks to the carelessness of the translators, unfortunately.

BTW, even IF (completely hypothetical and in no way acknowledging that Broly even came close to destroying the galaxy) Broly destroyed a galaxy, that would do NOTHING to help him against Thor and his hammer. He would just absorb the energy and send it back a hundredfold.

Also, don't underestimate Thor's speed. While I didn't post his speed feats, he does have some impressive combat speed. Unfortunately we're left with generic feats like,

"easily catching someone faster than the wind" and " his speed is incomprehensible"...

However, we know for a fact that thor can move his hammer FTL, as not only did he throw it to the farthest parts of the galaxy, only for it to return in no more than 60 seconds, but he has spun his hammer "faster than the speed of thought"... which is MASSIVELY faster than light if I remember correctly.

Either way, with his hammer and unrivaled feats of strength and endurance, he hardly needs to worry about anything, anyone in the DBZ can throw at him. If he hits any of them one good time with his hammer, yes even Broly, its completely over. This doesn't even begin to include his reality warping abilities.

... Hopefully you can clearly see why I think Thor wins, I'm not playing favorites... merely examining the evidence. Broly MIGHT have speed on Thor (being generous here, although in space, Thor is easily FTL thanks to his hammer) but that doesn't even begin to make up for his other shortcomings. There's really nothing Broly can do to hurt Thor.

Post by JThree47605 (1,004 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Just lock this

@shakyric_lawson said:

@mypasswordis1234:

This is a feat that was... somehow left out before in my previous comment.

STRENGTH

Anyway, as for your question... I think the animators showed either, the literal destruction over a long period of time, or made the darkness analogous to the saiyans(Broly) to depict the darkness and evil spreading throughout the galaxy.

Anyway, if you actually believe that Broly destroyed the galaxy or even a large part of it, I don't mean to sound rude but, you're just flat out wrong. The original Japanese dub makes no mention of the entire galaxy being destroyed. Translation errors are quite common in DBZ... Raditz being faster than light is an example of another dub error...

The fact is, not only did Goku travel throughout the galaxy in search of Broly, but you can very plainly and clearly see other stars and planets in this galaxy through the movie. In the japanese dub, they're not telling us that the galaxy was destroyed throughout the movie. They only emphasize the destruction and terror that he's caused... King Kai was bothered because he thought that his galaxy would be invaded next. In the Japanese dub, nothing is ever said about Broly or any super saiyans destroying entire galaxies. This HUGE misunderstanding is all thanks to the carelessness of the translators, unfortunately.

BTW, even IF (completely hypothetical and in no way acknowledging that Broly even came close to destroying the galaxy) Broly destroyed a galaxy, that would do NOTHING to help him against Thor and his hammer. He would just absorb the energy and send it back a hundredfold.

Also, don't underestimate Thor's speed. While I didn't post his speed feats, he does have some impressive combat speed. Unfortunately we're left with generic feats like,

"easily catching someone faster than the wind" and " his speed is incomprehensible"...

However, we know for a fact that thor can move his hammer FTL, as not only did he throw it to the farthest parts of the galaxy, only for it to return in no more than 60 seconds, but he has spun his hammer "faster than the speed of thought"... which is MASSIVELY faster than light if I remember correctly.

Either way, with his hammer and unrivaled feats of strength and endurance, he hardly needs to worry about anything, anyone in the DBZ can throw at him. If he hits any of them one good time with his hammer, yes even Broly, its completely over. This doesn't even begin to include his reality warping abilities.

... Hopefully you can clearly see why I think Thor wins, I'm not playing favorites... merely examining the evidence. Broly MIGHT have speed on Thor (being generous here, although in space, Thor is easily FTL thanks to his hammer) but that doesn't even begin to make up for his other shortcomings. There's really nothing Broly can do to hurt Thor.

Don't bring me up examples from the english dub. I hate that dub, they entirely screwed it so much, it's make parody from the dbz more than the dbz abridged. So I never watched it, you can't say me I misunderstood it because I didn't watched the original dub.

I don't believe that Broly destroyed a galaxy. There are speculations with dbz I can only believe because they lack of "labeled" feats, but it's showed clearly, I just "believe" to my eyes and their sentences. The darkness was indeed spreading through the galaxy, as the light sources(stars) being destroyed. Don't know what else do you can think. You use unnecessary nonsense metaphors, but cannot figured out his more simple poetic expression? "fallen under saiyan attack" means destroyed. As "fallen in war" means the soldier killed in war, in other languages too.

That explanation is pretty improbably too you think Kaio suddenly got the idea after Broly attacked a lot of planets "omg, my galaxy will be attacked too" and then he scared.... What would be the big deal about that? There is the Z fighters. He was afraid from the destruction. The writers and animators did this with the intent to show a galaxy destroyed. No matter how you twist the things out.

Even if he went from planet to planet -which is bullsh1t as we see the darkness spreading out from the center- for 20 years, he would have needed to destroy millions and billions of planets and stars on every day... 1 galaxy is 1/4 of our universe in the DBZ world, officially.

About Thor. I don't underestimate him, the writers did. As once someone expressed "he was always a pain in his a.s". Hulk don't have superspeed and didn't destroyed planet with their fist-fight. If Thor cannot speedblitz and dodge every move of Hulk, how someone could think he can dodge Broly's punch? And if he felt Hulk's regular punches(he felt), how can you think he won't feel Broly's punches? He wouldn't have time to swing his hammer or anything. The same reason I think also Superman could solo Thor and Hulk at once too. Don't need to debate on strength, durability and other ability feats when the "enemy" is a speedster and very strong too. Either short battle or long, the slower can't win without a miracle or PIS.

Thor has good travel speed, but that's irrelevant in a fight.

@mypasswordis1234:

LOL, this will be too easy... however, I'm through for tonight, so i'll refute this tomorrow. Till then, goodnight to you sir.

@shakyric_lawson: Easy? I look forward, I am curious. Goodnight.

Post by MisterShin (2,125 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@shakyric_lawson said:

@MisterShin:

WRONG!!!

Yeah how about NO, your wrong.

It even states the same thing, in your video? Your shooting yourself in the foot. The sub says in your video at 3:22 King Kai: "even my northern galaxy will be destroyed"

So where the hell was I wrong, the dub and sub are the same, they convey the same message South is destroyed and North is next.

Also Broly is MFTL, dodging and reacting to Ki Beams which can reach the sun in seconds.

He will run rings round Thor.

Post by bluntmanx (4 posts) See mini bio Level 4

broly he is like a ww hulk that can fly and shoot energy enough to destroy planets easy

@mypasswordis1234:

I'm using nonsense metaphors, yet you're the one having to change "fallen under saiyan attack", to "destroyed"... PLEASE!!!

Lets look at the movie context, but first lets clarify my arguments.

What I'm saying here is that Broly is not a galaxy buster... Namely he doesn't have the power to 1-shot a galaxy AND that the galaxy was never destroyed.

Also, I support that Thor godstomps him...

A). Broly is a galaxy buster...HELL NO!!! broly has never demonstrated that level of power... Even Kid Buu was stated to have only destroyed hundreds of planets in a few years, and he's miles above Broly. Having said that, the galaxy is clearly NOT destroyed all throughout the movie. I concede, Broly may have "destroyed" large portions of the galaxy, however... if he did it would have took place over extremely long periods of time.

Also, "at this rate, even my northern galaxy will be destroyed" strongly implies that the destruction of the galaxy is taking place over a period of time. Further Implying that the galaxy, not only wasn't one shotted, but was also not even destroyed... As the vid states, king kai contradicts himself by saying... " All I know is that he's SOMEWHERE in the South Galaxy" "somewhere" also implies that there a galaxy still there, or at least enough of it for Goku to have to search through. Keep in mind Goku was able to track ki signatures across galaxies, yet, the location of the Legendary Super Saiyan eluded him for what was it, a day or so? Hours? Don't know, doesn't matter, it was long enough for Goku to search for Broly and find his ki signature. And yet, Goku can sense ki across galaxies? There must have been enough of the galaxy left so it could still be considered a galaxy, hmm?

Also, while Goku is surfing through the galaxy we not only see a)... Stars and Planets all throughout the galaxy, but b)... that civilizations were destroyed, while planets were still intact. This means a)... either Broly can't make up his mind on what he wants to destroy, b)... Broly didn't often destroy the planets but the civilizations themselves.

Broly never destroyed a galaxy, obviously... which brings me to point B...

B). Even if Broly destroyed the galaxy, WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN!!! Thor STILL destroys him. Please tell me, how does busting a galaxy even begin to affect Thor, who has casually absorbed galaxy busting energies before? And is capable of returning that energy 100 fold? WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?!?!?

Now.....

Hulk don't have superspeed and didn't destroyed planet with their fist-fight. If Thor cannot speedblitz and dodge every move of Hulk, how someone could think he can dodge Broly's punch? And if he felt Hulk's regular punches(he felt), how can you think he won't feel Broly's punches?

LOL, you're kidding wright. In terms of strength, even Hulk RAPES Broly. The guy destroyed an asteroid 2X THE SIZE OF EARTH. 2 TIMES!!! When has Broly ever held up a 150 BILLION TON mountain. HAHAHA, SSJ4 Goku had trouble holding up a BUILDING, and he's waaaaaaaay stronger than Broly. LOL, i'd be GLAD to say I survived, let alone casually tanked punches from Hulk, HAHAHAHA....

Also, Thor has stated (and demonstrated) the fact that he constantly holds back his power, especially on earth and around other beings because (like superman) he has utterly no intention in killing them most of the time. Having said that, he's fought and overcome much worse that hulk.

C). Speed, PLEASE...

Also Broly is MFTL, dodging and reacting to Ki Beams which can reach the sun in seconds.

He will run rings round Thor.

LOL, and thats ALL he can do to Thor. Run around and try to get away. He can nab punches, but Thor wouldn't even flinch. Thors tanked MUCH worse and emerged unscathed. Physically comparing him to Broly is a joke that need not be made again.

While Thors speed feats aren't plentiful, he is fast... how fast is unkown. He is confirmed to be able to react and see at the speed of thought. He can also swing and throw his hammer at those speeds, which are MASSIVELY FTL. So Broly wins the speed battle, just barely, and only because he moves his "body" that faster. However knowing Broly, he in his arrogance would let Thor hit him just to show off his super saiyan swag. Which would be a 1 hit KO ((can and have already provided evidence of his strength))

However Broly doesn't need to let Thor hit him. With his reaction time he could counterattack Broly after one of his own attacks. Thor could easily tank everything Broly throws at him so that it wouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind, he swings and throws MASSIVELY FTL. Hitting Broly isn't a problem if he's close enough to be hit. Even if he's at a distance and spams ki blasts, Thor can absorb it AND send it back 100 fold. And the blasts are easily FTL.

D) Time for stats, Points will go to whoever is superior in each, individual area of combat...

Strength: Thor: 1 Broly: 0

(Speed: Thor: 1 Broly: 2) (Reason for this is because thor can still swing, throw, and blast up to those speeds, yet Broly's "body is actually faster...)

Endurance Thor: 1 Broly: 0

Energy projection Thor: 1 Broly: 0

Reality Warping Thor: 1 Broly: 0

Matter Manipulation Thor: 1 Broly: 0

Intelligence Thor: 1 Broly: 0

Total Thor: 7 Broly: 2

LOL, utterly pathetic, how I nor anyone else ever thought Broly could beat Thor is a joke. No matter though, i've given you feats comparisons and all the info you need in order to come to a logical discussion. To be honest, for the purpose of this discussion, I COULD CARE LESS IF BROLY CAN BLOW UP GALAXIES. Thor still has better feats, hints why I said this would be "easy".

(Sorry it took so long. I had stayed up all night and slept through the day, and decided it was better to wait than post this in 4 in the morning. But its here now XD)

Strength: Thor: 1 Broly: 0

(Speed: Thor: 1 Broly: 2) (Reason for this is because thor can still swing, throw, and blast up to those speeds, yet Broly's "body is actually faster...)

Endurance Thor: 1 Broly: 0

Energy projection Thor: 1 Broly: 0

Reality Warping Thor: 1 Broly: 0

Matter Manipulation Thor: 1 Broly: 0

Intelligence Thor: 1 Broly: 0

Total Thor: 7 Broly: 2

give facts to prove this.

Post by 5th (1,241 posts) See mini bio Level 10

DEAR GOD END IT! SOMEONE CALL A MOD!

@debeze:

Look at the scans I provided above, or just google or yahoo "Thors Feats"

@shakyric_lawson: Ah, I see it's really easy this way. You didn't write any relevant to my previous post just write a new post why you think Thor wins. It's not a refute.

1"I'm using nonsense metaphors, yet you're the one having to change "fallen under saiyan attack", to "destroyed"... PLEASE!!!" - Please what? It's a totally average expression, used in multiple languages, FACT. And all your counter-argument is "PLEASE". I can't tell you more precise answer because I s.cks at literature, but you could understand if you would. This metaphor for dramatic opening speak, instead of the short "the galaxy destoyed" line. What you think is even implying visual metaphor. Which is unnecessary, when they confirmed what we saw. Have you heard of Occam's razor?

2"broly has never demonstrated that level of power" - Logical fallacy. Circular logic. Broly destroyed a galaxy. And you said no, because he never /demonstrated that level of power/=Destroying galaxy.

3 " Even Kid Buu was stated to have only destroyed hundreds of planets in a few years" - He was under Bidibi control, he was killing the Kaioshins and other civilizations.

4 "strongly implies that the destruction of the galaxy is taking place over a period of time." - Yes, that would have been matter of time when he goes mad again. Simple fact again, someone who did bad thing, there is a hight chance he will do it again. If your friend honestly tell you that your girlfriend cheated on you, what will you do? a. Think that was an 'accident' and she won't do it again. b. Speak with her(or break) because she 'lost your trust' so at that moment you think she will do it again. Of course it's not the same thing, but I hope you can understand.

5 "All I know is that he's SOMEWHERE in the South Galaxy" "somewhere" also implies that there a galaxy still there" No, Broly is there. You know that Goku is IT with ki sense, right? Also 75 trillion star. If some remained, that's still there in the south galaxy's place. Otherwise we are reaching to this question, again: What did we see in the opening? There was a galaxy, then a black something spreading through, so he still should have traveling with MFTL for more than 10 years destroying or killing civilizations on millions of planet/day.

6 "Even if Broly destroyed the galaxy, WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN!!!" That mean you should accept that Broly can destroy a galaxy. And I would be happy for see an another man who can accept if he was wrong. The Thor is an another case, I can be convinced, and I know others won't be convinced, so I don't fully care, but this is too simple and obvious, so I don't like if some try to state that he planet buster at max.

7 "Hulk don't have superspeed and didn't destroyed planet with their fist-fight. If Thor cannot speedblitz and dodge every move of Hulk, how someone could think he can dodge Broly's punch? And if he felt Hulk's regular punches(he felt), how can you think he won't feel Broly's punches?

LOL, you're kidding wright. In terms of strength, even Hulk RAPES Broly. The guy destroyed an asteroid 2X THE SIZE OF EARTH. 2 TIMES!!! When has Broly ever held up a 150 BILLION TON mountain. HAHAHA, SSJ4 Goku had trouble holding up a BUILDING, and he's waaaaaaaay stronger than Broly. LOL, i'd be GLAD to say I survived, let alone casually tanked punches from Hulk, HAHAHAHA...." You miss the main point. Hulk is slow. Hulk is Thor's rival. They aren't doing any big damage to the planet with their regular fist fight-> Every punch is far under planet destroying. And Broly destroyed a galaxy. Freeza destroyed a planet what has 10x mass of Earth while he LOL'd. Do I supposed to be impressed with that asteroid thing? And he was thrown into that asteroid. GT is non-canon but nuff say about that here. What's next, will you bring up the Goku 40ton thing?

"He can nab punches, but Thor wouldn't even flinch." In your head. I don't want to be rude, but this is the sigh of fanboyism. What if I told you, Thor is not unbeatable, he feel pain, he can get injured, and not only by your other favorite characters.

". Keep in mind, he swings and throws MASSIVELY FTL" I keeping it. Too bad that doesn't matter if his body couldn't react in that speed level, so he will be punched like a statue.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel