Best Battle User of May 2014: DBZ_Universe

Topic started by takashichea on May 9, 2014. Last post by takashichea 2 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (11,669 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
His goal is to beat Taichokage!
His goal is to beat Taichokage!

Congrats to DBZ_Universe (Known as Caesar) for being May's best battle user! In the past, he was an active debater, but he had to keep it down due to being busy with outside obligations. He first got into debating ever since he found the Nightwing vs Gambit topic on Comic Vine by randomly clicking on the site around 2008 and then he joined a year later. He describes himself as a DBZ fanboy because he made several posts suggesting that Goku could beat universal+ characters like IG Thanos. Then, he got banned in Comic Vine for trolling there too much. This led to him finding Anime Vice through Hitsusatsu11 who had welcomed him. He saw the forum and liked it more because of the purple and black color scheme and it had a calm environment compared to its former Whiskey Media sister site, Comic Vine. It's thanks to users like Hitsusatsu11, Sonata, Newdeath, ReiKai, and SpeedForceSpider who helped him get out of that DBZ mentality. He slowly started to accept every fact and feats to improve his own debating skills. He tries his best to be like SpeedForceSpider whom he respected as a great debater at the time. His main goals here in the battle forum was to become the #1 poster, and he had accomplished some time ago (he forgot when he achieved the ranking). When he decided to step down, Taichokage snatches his spot. Now, DBZ Universe is on his quest to gain back his number 1 spot in the battle forums.

In addition to his adventures in the battle forums, he has frequented a few forums. He visits the Fan Fic forum to read UltimateHero406's UltimateHero story (It's about Ultiman, Captain Palmer, and his crew who are saving the Earth from a mysterious being from space), who is one of top Fan Fic Writers of 2013. He loves attending movie nights at Aleasha's Anime Vice Chat!!! which is moved to a new thread, Aleasha's twice a month AnimeVice Movie Chat!. He is a proud member of the Pokémon Video Game Club with several lists of his favorite Pokémon and favorite legendary Pokémon. If you feel up to the challenge, he would to love to battle with you in a Pokémon match or talk about Pokémon. He's a generous person that gives his friends free Pokémon that he raised with love and care in his free time. Another video game he loves is Street Fighter, check his list of favorite characters. Lastly, he has lists of DBZ and Bleach. You might find out you like his choices on his favorite Bleach characters or his choices for favorite Bleach's villains. Check those out. Off site, he has an account at MyAnimelistwhich has a list of all the shows he watched, dropped, and enjoyed. You won't find that in his Anime Vice lists. So check that out, too.

His Battle Theme is!

His favorite battle threads are usually Bleach threads especially ones with Aizen. A lot of folks know why he loves him. Furthermore, he loves joke battles, Pokémon battles (whether it's in the battle forums or in a Pokémon game, Who can beat who battles, competition battles, mix team battles, and tournaments.

For his battle theme of May, it would be Kekkaishi.

Proudest Achievement

His best wiki page is Shima. With the help of Taka, he made a good start. His first front page debut was sharing his story on being an anime fan in Mexico and United States, being a 1.5 generation Mexican American. Check out this article: The Anime Fan's Experience in the US, Part 1. where he and Dream share their views on how anime culture is like for their respective countries. This was part of Takashichea's Anime Fan Cultural interviews, please see An Entire World of Anime Fans! -- THE VICE PIT.

DBZ Universe has a wide list of achievements in the battle and other forums. He is proud of becoming the #1 poster in the battle forum. He has 160 + users in his follow feed. He created Bleach Shipping Thread. In the grand scheme of forums, he has attained a spot among the top 4 forum posters in the community. There was a time when his account in Anime Vice was glitched where he got banned. It was thanks to FoxxFireArt for helping him out. Finally, his biggest accomplishment was helping everyone and getting to know them because he is proud of making a difference in this community and everyone's lives, getting them to love and try different manga and anime series. He also got into new series, thanks to his friends in this community.

• His Voice in the Battle Rules:

He was the first one to come up with the DBZ vs Superman Family ban. It was one of the franchise specific bans that most people agree. There were no other franchise specific bans in the community. When DestinyHeroKnight suggest no Fan Fic Characters were allowed, he seconded his fellow Vicer's proposal. Lastly, he came up with this rule to banned Omnipotent and Nigh Omnipotent matches. The rule was more refined thanks to Dream who had taken over the List of Banned Characters project, a project started when Sonata shifts most of his energy in the RPG forums during the Comic Vine invasion of January 2014.

Thank you everyone for reading. I thank DBZ for his time and for letting me to interviewed. If you have questions, feel free to ask DBZ_Universe. He's a great guy.

Credits for the banner:

Here are my links for recycling and reusing images. I give credit where credit is due. Sometimes, I have to make my own transparent PNG via Paint.Net. Using other images from users make a better banner because I'm not making transparent PNG.

Past Winners

Online Now

We're going to change banners.

Old one
Old one

Edit:

I just realized this is the longest interview I have done.

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,746 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Congrats man!

Post by waybig1010101 (2,939 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

Congratulations!!!

Post by taichokage (12,876 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Congratulations old friend! Well there's 6 now. At the 4 mark I nicknamed it the 4 Heavenly Kings, especially since Speed, waybig, othus and myself are big Toriko fans. Then Vapovile. I guess it could be the Godhand (lol) now we're at 6. That's difficult. Maybe the 6 Paths of Pain? Lmao.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,880 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Congrats old pal. You deserve it!

Post by waybig1010101 (2,939 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@taichokage: next month we can be The Seven Deadly Sins XD

Yes sir! It might be cheesy but I'm behind the idea of nick naming the battlations each month. The person who gets voted up can pick the nickname. After 20 it might get ridiculous but up to 15 it ought to work.
Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Congratulations DBZ! As Chun Li would say, "Yataaaa!!!!"

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,336 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Congrats DBZ.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,772 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Congratulations, DBZ_Universe!

Post by DBZ_universe (15,652 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Online Now

@hitsusatsu11: @UltimateHero0406: @SpeedForceSpider: @Bigheart711: @takashichea: @taichokage: @Whats_out_the_bag: @waybig1010101: Thank you all! Sorry that I have not responded back, I have been really sick. But honestly, I don't think I deserve this.

@taichokage: I could be one of the 6 family of the Sumimura family....Yoshimori!

Them that's what it'll be! You won this month so it's your pick :) I just made that rule up but it seems reasonable. Lol.
Online Now

@DBZ_universe:

I hope you get better.

Online Now

@takashichea: Thanks Taka.

@taichokage: Well cool rule you made up.

Post by IndridCold (1,158 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@DBZ_universe: Congratulations DBZ!!!! Also, be prepared for my plan on the CAV!!!

@taichokage said:

Yes sir! It might be cheesy but I'm behind the idea of nick naming the battlations each month. The person who gets voted up can pick the nickname. After 20 it might get ridiculous but up to 15 it ought to work.

13 should be Organization XIII

10 can be Akatsuki

11 should be Shinpaku Alliance

Online Now

@IndridCold: Thanks man!

Also I am prepared haha!

Post by othus12 (6,572 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@taichokage said:

Congratulations old friend! Well there's 6 now. At the 4 mark I nicknamed it the 4 Heavenly Kings, especially since Speed, waybig, othus and myself are big Toriko fans. Then Vapovile. I guess it could be the Godhand (lol) now we're at 6. That's difficult. Maybe the 6 Paths of Pain? Lmao.

that's awesome!

@DBZ_universe: CONGRATS welcome to the hall of fame lol, we shall be named the six paths of pein.

Online Now

@othus12: lol thanks.

How about Justice League?

Lol. DBZ gets to be Deva path since he won. The 4 Kings, obviously othus is Toriko. Waybig is the nicest so Coco? Speed is the most aggressive. Zebra? Well uh, I guess I'm Sunny. Hmmm. That hair is awesome at the very least. I'm not that narcissist though.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel