Bayonetta vs Saber

Topic started by Stingerrain on June 8, 2013. Last post by GIRUGAMESH 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by Stingerrain (396 posts) See mini bio Level 9

- Full knowledge

- Bayonetta's Queen Sheba summon (her final summon) is restricted

- Standard equipment

- In-Character

- Winner by Death

- Setting is a large forest

Scenario 1: Saber w/ Avalon

Scenario 2: Saber w/o Avalon

Post by Fehafare (9,350 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Both Scenario's go to Saber, she's faster and and can one-shot, Queen Sheba wouldn't change anything.

Post by EraserCannon (522 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Fehafare said:

Both Scenario's go to Saber, she's faster and and can one-shot, Queen Sheba wouldn't change anything.

Pretty much this.

It also pains me to see that one of the more creative threads barely have any comments on them.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,627 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@EraserCannon: I know right?

Although it's pretty obvious. Saber easily bullet times, and even Bayonetta's best feats for witch time have her just dodging her own bullets launched by Father Balder.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@CerusSerenade: Bayonetta is also a casual bullet timer, as she proves multiple times in the game (and that's without even using witch time).

Also, remember the Paradiso car enemies? In the databook section on them, it is stated that they can move across the length of Paradiso in less than a day (Paradiso is stated to be thousands of times bigger than earth), putting them at higher hypersonic speeds at their best. Bayonetta, naturally, was keeping up against them without much trouble.

How fast is Saber exactly? If casual bullet-timing is the only thing she has under her belt then I don't see how she has an edge. She'd have to be hypersonic+ at least to outclass Bayonetta. And has she shown the power needed to take her out?

Post by othus12 (6,847 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@GIRUGAMESH: excaliblast can erase someone down to the atoms so she takes this rather easily.

@othus12: Nice, so she certainly is capable of putting her down, but any records of speed feats? Because bullet timing alone isn't going to cut it. And what's her durability like?

Post by Dream (7,636 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@GIRUGAMESH: Saber's capable of delivering a few hundred sword swings in a second in the visual novel and many Servants in Fate are easily capable of hypersonic speeds on par with her. I don't have the time at the moment to look up a video, but CerusSerenade and Fehafare should be able to pull something up.

@GIRUGAMESH: Yet she gets blitzed by her own bullets.

9:35

Saber in Fate/Zero has mach 15 speed and triple that in reactions.

At full power as shown in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia she crossed large distances at mach 14 speed and got double that in reactions.

Data book entry is hardly valid, and travel that takes a day already can't be used for combat speed.

@CerusSerenade said:

@GIRUGAMESH: Yet she gets blitzed by her own bullets.

9:35

Lol, that's funny, because it seems to me that she dodged those. Besides, that was the luman equivalent of witch time (I forget the name). The encounters with Jeanne also prove that she can casually dodge bullets, even without witch time.@Fehafare said:

Saber in Fate/Zero has mach 15 speed and triple that in reactions.

At full power as shown in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia she crossed large distances at mach 14 speed and got double that in reactions.

Data book entry is hardly valid, and travel that takes a day already can't be used for combat speed.

Ok, are there any proofs of that? Did it state that she was crossing that distance at that speed?

@GIRUGAMESH: No, she didn't dodge it, he just made them barely miss. He didn't want to kill her after all.

@GIRUGAMESH: Calcs from Fate/Zero.

Or if you refuse simple calcs for no apparent reason, Archer's Hrunting in Fate/Hollow Ataraixia movies at mach 14+ speeds and he has no problem to see, track the arrow and snipe people with it from 4km away. On the other hand he only sees Lancer as a blur and the only reason he can even keep up with him is because he creates openings on purpose so that he knows where to block.

@CerusSerenade said:

@GIRUGAMESH: No, she didn't dodge it, he just made them barely miss. He didn't want to kill her after all.

But throwing buildings and firing satellite cannons at her is A-ok? As if that would have killed her. Sorry, no.

@Fehafare said:

@GIRUGAMESH: Calcs from Fate/Zero.

Or if you refuse simple calcs for no apparent reason, Archer's Hrunting in Fate/Hollow Ataraixia movies at mach 14+ speeds and he has no problem to see, track the arrow and snipe people with it from 4km away. On the other hand he only sees Lancer as a blur and the only reason he can even keep up with him is because he creates openings on purpose so that he knows where to block.

Sorry, that's sort of what I'm asking, calcs based on what exactly? Because calcs range hugely in how valid they are.

As for the mach 14+, we come to the same problem; where is that stated, if at all?

Post by Theorder14 (207 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@GIRUGAMESH:

Here's Archer using his remaining mana for his last arrow starting at 2:50

@GIRUGAMESH: It's stated directly during the scene.

And the calc should be fine given that it's accepted for some time now (it was a clash between Saber and Lancer in Fate/Zero, early on if you wonder).

Post by Theorder14 (207 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Fehafare: haha, i remember i was confused when i read fate zero during their second fight and it said they went near light speed

i was thinking like

huh?!? i can't be right, did they mean movement speed or striking speed etc? lol

Post by KingOfAsh (1,389 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Fehafare: Can Saber survive inside the Sun?

@KingOfAsh: Probably, but not due to her durability but rather because she is a Heroic Spirit and thus can't be harmed by non magical things.

She'd still lose if that happened...

Post by Dream (7,636 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Fehafare: Ummm, isn't Saber vulnerable to things on the physical plane of existence due to her "unique" situation as a Heroic Spirit?

For those not getting what I mean, Saber's physical body is still technically alive as it's in a state of suspended animation from the point where her body was dying while she was still King of Camelot and her plea for atonement to the Earth led to this suspended state to make her into a Heroic Spirit. While Saber has the attributes of her class and ability to use her Noble Phantasms, she lacks the abilities to phase into spirit form and be unaffected by things on the physical plane of existence that a Heroic Spirit normally would have, since she is still technically alive.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel