Bayonetta runs the FF guantlet

Topic started by Killer_of_trolls on Oct. 17, 2012. Last post by SpeedForceSpider 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

The powerful witch from the game of the same name runs a gauntlet of Final Fantasy characters. There are no restrictions and all combatants are bloodlusted and at their strongest. The fights take place on the shores of Valhalla. Bayonetta gets no rest between each fight but she learns from what happens in the previous fight. She gets knowledge on everyone here, and 15 nights of prep before the guantlet starts. How far does she get?

The gauntlet

1) Lightning

2) Caius Ballad

3) Cloud Strife

4) Cecil Harvey

5)Zidane Tribal

6)Terra Branford

7) Sephiroth

8) Sin

9) Kuja

10) Kefka Palazzo

Post by SMXLR8 (6,881 posts) See mini bio Level 16

what does guantlet mean and why are they here and what are they for?

@SMXLR8 said:

what does guantlet mean and why are they here and what are they for?

I just love it when you ask questions. *pinches your cheeks*

when there is a "_____ runs a gauntlette post. that means a character is put through a chain of battles in a row according to the OP

here are other examples of gauntlet matches:

http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/super-janemba-runs-the-gauntlet/331737/

http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/new-ds-runs-a-gauntlet/323404/

http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/cyttorakks-get-out-of-my-realm-gauntlet/323458/

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,813 posts) See mini bio Level 15

She might actually make it to Zidane.

@SpeedForceSpider: you sure? cause with all the knowledge and prep, I thought she would at least reach The one-winged angel, and die due to no rest, and being too tired. the Bi%ch is hax.

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@SpeedForceSpider: you sure? cause with all the knowledge and prep, I thought she would at least reach The one-winged angel, and die due to no rest, and being too tired. the Bi%ch is hax.

As I remember Zidane is pretty hax too. He rivaled Kuja's power and Kuja nuked an entire planet Terra. But if she does get past Zidane, Sephiroth will beat her.

Post by sickVisionz (4,233 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Online Now

At the end of the game doesn't she like swag surf on the back of the God of the universe and steer it into the sun? Her combat skills are way above anyone in FF, her weapons are designed to obliterate demons and angels, and her summons are all like Odin level at the worst. Additionally, stamina is nothing as she has special (I forget the word... ) fancy trinkets that give her powers, one of them being health regeneration when she stripper dances for enemies and a near endless supply of lolipops that give her stat boosts.

One good dodge and any enemy is trapped in bullet time for like 3 seconds and she can spam that dodge over and over again and literrally use it on any attack

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Most people on ComicVine seemed to agree she could beat Superman, so she could make it very high up this list

Post by niBBit (663 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Isn't Bayonetta considerd a buffed up Dante from DMC?

Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Kuja didn't really destroy Terra. Sure he was leveling the capital city, but it wasn't a one-shot and at the end of the game the two planets were still merging. So if Terra were destroyed, that wouldn't keep happening, so the most Kuja did was destroy a large city, as far as has been shown.

Non-God Kefka isn't all that tough. Sin can't be permanently killed, but can be beaten. Sephiroth can't perma-die either, but can still be put down. Not seeing any of the major forces from the FFMV. A number of them have actual deities reigning over Heaven and Hell and controlling Time&Space.

I don't know about the whole Superman deal, but Bayonetta is pretty much using Super-Magic, and Supes is Super-Allergic to magic. But really, Supes just loses to any chick with glasses and a nice set of tits. Because he's a well-mannered farmboy.
Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I don't think Superman is really all that much more vulnerable to magic than most other characters without a vulnerability are, some writers even opt out of it. But regardless, the people who I saw lead this debate chose to leave out some... key information

I believe the thing is Superman isn't invulnerable to it, he is as "Vulnerable to magic as any normal person". And seeing as normal people can die by even minor firebolt spells and such, apply that to Superman and well Magic really puts the hurting on him. Most of the writers just aren't very intelligent and they just gradually made him immune to Kryptonite. The only reason Supes would and does beat Magic users is because he can outpace them.

Dunno how Bayonetta beats Supes though, unless she's massively FTL. I dunno, I never played her game. She is basically what would be if Dante from DMC and Lulu from FFX had a baby. That and she's probably Kurohime's mom.

@ReiKai: @sickVisionz: so even though she won't get any rest between rounds you guys sure she clears the whole gauntlete? I do agree but wanted to remind.

Post by sickVisionz (4,233 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Online Now

@Killer_of_trolls: She can regenerate her health by taunting enemies faster than she could by resting. Plus stripper dancing keeps her agility up and her muscles loose.

She could get stopped by Cloud depending on what Materia set he's using. Quadra-Cast Knights of the Round would pretty much be the end.
Post by Fehafare (8,285 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

If everyone below Seph is weaker than him she should be able to take them + Sephiroth in one go without even trying.

Can't say about the other three.

Cloud's beaten Sephy twice so can't say that Sephy is stronger than Cloud these days. But Cloud at max with materia is pure hax.

@ReiKai: I said nuked not destroyed...

Keeping it clear. Certainly is possible for Kuja to scorch the surface of the world, but given what was being shown that would actually take him a great deal of time to do since he wasn't indicated as being able to do it in one shot. I'm just keeping it clarified because a lot of Kuja fans have always thought he could destroy the planet.

@ReiKai: Yeah I understand what you mean. I have seen Kuja fanboy's hype him as a planet buster in forums. But having played FF9 it just looked to me like he is a life-wiper.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel