Battle of FIRE - Natsu Dragneel vs. Portgas D. Ace vs. Roy Mustang

Topic started by justanormalguy on Feb. 6, 2012. Last post by Nerx 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by justanormalguy (270 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Natsu Dragneel
  • Portgas D. Ace
Post by justanormalguy (270 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Wow. Whoops. Clicked submit by mistake. Lol. Roy Mustang is an option as well.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,379 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@justanormalguy:

Dude, Ace and Natsu is immune to fire. Mustang can't do nothing to them. Also Natsu will win with his Lightning Flame Dragon mode only, if he don't have that mode then Ace will beat him down so badly

Post by taichokage (14,837 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Lol. You can make another thread and a mod can lock this one if you want, but really it's better this way as Roy would be destroyed by either Ace or Natsu. As for the those two, Ace has the highest destructive output and has by far the better defense as he is flame itself and thus is intangible and immune to normal physical damage but on the other hand, Natsu can absorb flame. The way Ace could win this is by overwhelming the amount of fire that Natsu can absorb such as his final attack against Blackbeard that was basically the size of a small town or almost half the size of the small island that they were on. Natsu hasn't displayed being able to absorb such levels of flame. On that same note though, if Natsu were capable of absorbing that much then it would be a bit of a stalemate as Ace couldnt hurt him but Natsu couldn't harm him either. So this battle would either be Ace's victory or a stalemate between Ace and Natsu.

I'm not understanding why Roy couldn't control their fire. Lol. He manipulates it.

@justanormalguy:

He just make it, he can't manipulate it

@Destinyheroknight: I was certain that he could manipulate it. Eh. Whatever. Lol.

@justanormalguy:

No, he can only create it.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@taichokage: I agree with Natsu only being able to absorb a certain amount of flame before getting overwhelmed by Ace. The other thing with One Piece characters is that they never seem to run out whatever power they control so I think Ace would just out flame Natsu.

Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Destinyheroknight:

Yes, he does manipulate it, as in it's size and path/direction through manipulating the oxygen in the atmosphere.

But so do Ace and Natsu, and Roy's his ability shouldn't supersede theirs as his feats are not as great.
But so do Ace and Natsu, and Roy's ability shouldn't supersede theirs as his feats are not as great.

@taichokage:

Ace and Natsu can manipulate their own flames, but Roy should be able to redirect other sources of flame since his itself is not even his own but merely growing a tiny spark of fire into an inferno by guiding oxygen into it and such. I'm not saying he can beat them, but only replying to a comment that he can't manipulate fire. Actually he can only manipulate it not create it since he needs that spark to start it.

Good point.
Post by othus12 (7,732 posts) See mini bio Level 13

neither natsu nor mustang can damage fire and considering ace can create indefinite quantitites of it....

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,426 posts) See mini bio Level 14

ace easilyy, he has island busting capabilities

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,226 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Mustang is a non-factor. But would Natsu be able to just eat Ace? Either way, I think Ace still wins due to being much faster than Natsu.

I just don't understand why mustang is being undermined here, he is foremost an alchemist before a flame manipulator and thus need not solely rely on it. Also we know he can transmute air and without oxygen there is no fire. All he has to do is pull the oxygen away from their flames does he not, therefore 'killing' it? Though physically they are both superior his flame manipulation cannot be overlooked.

Mustang never portrayed the ability to manipulate air, and even if he could, removing the oxygen from the air would also hinder himself from using fire abilities, as well as the ability to breathe.

That's the point, he obviously cannot defeat them otherwise so why not vie for a stalemate. Only they are also physically superior so...

Also yeah, his alchemy is transmuting gas which is air so he does manipulate air.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel