Battle Forum Rules 2.0. ALL USERS PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!!

Topic started by Dream on March 16, 2014. Last post by Dream 1 day, 12 hours ago.
Post by waybig1010101 (3,266 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Whats_out_the_bag said:

I'm an underdog debater. I debate for the weaker characters or the unpopular ones. I win for the most part, but if they equalize this stuff energy. Then this simply because a strength vs . Rather than abilities. Because now we can start pulling the "oh he's a planet buster or island buster this attack won't work on them" bull shit. There's many lower characters that have the ABILITY to technically defeat stronger characters, but the moment we throw this up. They will be shot down to the bottom.

i get what you mean but it's such a weird manipulation of the verse equalizer system or else i could do the same with Bleach vs other HST characters and be like soul crush. No one does it do or else it's not a fair fight. That is why I don't get why we have verse equalizer on the wider cases then the closer ones.

I get what your saying you, but to be fair to the charactes they should be allowed to use their abilities and skills that their writer gave to them, by not including verse equalizer it would be unfair to said characters.

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,438 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@waybig1010101: Instant win attacks like that should be pulled out, but there's many soul fucking abilities within verses. Isn't that technically a soul fuck ability.

Anyway. We should have an OMIT list. where we list attacks and abilities that we take out. But I don't want to hurt every character with some form of hax abilities.

@Whats_out_the_bag: Gaps between concepts and rules/laws from each verse.

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,438 posts) See mini bio Level 10

If we're going to add one we need a nice CLEAR rule. Not the unclear crap, that will lead to 50 other debates.

Post by takashichea (12,405 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Sorry guys, I'm not really useful in this topic, verse equalization. I sort of know what you guys are talking, grasping the pros and cons. I'll let Sonata and Dream handle this since they are more battle oriented than me, a wiki mod who shouldn't be here.

@Whats_out_the_bag: yes, see what you were saying before

I'm an underdog debater. I debate for the weaker characters or the unpopular ones. I win for the most part, but if they equalize this stuff energy. Then this simply because a strength vs . Rather than abilities. Because now we can start pulling the "oh he's a planet buster or island buster this attack won't work on them" bull shit. There's many lower characters that have the ABILITY to technically defeat stronger characters, but the moment we throw this up. They will be shot down to the bottom.

Bleach abilities affect the soul, but most of bleach characters are no where near in DC range as other characters yet cause like you said because of this ability they can win, but no one wants to use it . Hence the verse equalizer is apply here even though this ability can make them beat stronger characters than the bleach verse.

Example soul crush on a toriko character.

That why verse equalizer should be applied since it would be fair to both characters or maybe we should judge when it's proper or not. yet that is for those verse that are far apart from each other and not even close to resemble each other.

@Whats_out_the_bag said:

Anyway. We should have an OMIT list. where we list attacks and abilities that we take out. But I don't want to hurt every character with some form of hax abilities.

That's a fine idea to me.

Post by Dream (7,668 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Whats_out_the_bag:

We've had cases in the past where a character notable for hax abilities of some sort could beat an opponent with superior destructive capacities as they have equal or superior speed, so I wouldn't worry much about this issue happening since a good number of folks in here are sensible enough with knowing when hax could prevail over better destructive potential.

As for determining how to implement verse equalization rules of sort, I think it might be a better idea to involve the major debaters in the forum in a separate discussion thread on the matter to see if they support this and how it should be implemented. Would anyone be okay with this?

Post by Dream (7,668 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I've added some additional rules over posting images in regards to site issues that come up depending on browser and the device used to access this site. Since there have been some cases of folks accessing the site through a mobile browser or through use of Internet Explorer on a desktop or laptop, these additions to the rules will clear up any confusion over what can be done in such scenarios.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel