Battle Forum Rules 2.0. ALL USERS PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!!

Topic started by Dream on March 16, 2014. Last post by takashichea 1 month ago.
Post by Dream (7,495 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Until this site's lagging issues get resolved, I will relax the rule on requiring pictures of the characters involved in a match to be posted in an opening post. However, I will still require details for a match to be posted or else they will be locked 24 hours after it is made.

Post by takashichea (11,952 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@Dream:

Also, I want to add that you can PM me if you need help uploading images.

Decided to loosen things up a little in regards to repeat threads in light of some recent confusion. New addition to "repeat thread" rule is bolded and underlined below.

Repeat threads aren't allowed and will be locked on sight if a mod finds one. Use the Search function to see if any match has been posted already before making one. An exception to this rule will be if the characters involved in a prior match are at different levels or transformed states.

Post by cosmicdude (367 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Superman villians (non kryptonians) VS DBZ villains (non saiyains) are allowed?

@cosmicdude: They would be allowed in this case. The "Superman family vs DBZU characters" rule is meant to curb discussion on any parallels to Superman vs Goku matches due to the potential of flame wars.

Online Now

@Dream:

Since I don't read a lot of comic books, I'm seeing a small pattern along with Manhwa characters due to Low's battle theme of July, maybe just a small hype over last week. It could be some folks coming from Comic Vine to find a more quiet community or to visit Anime Vice out of nostalgia, like the Comic Vine RPG invasion in January 2014.

A lot of folks are using comic book characters and not specifying their versions. We don't have a rule regarding comic book characters. We don't have an actual rule yet to make users specify versions. It's more of a general rule of thumb. In the past when I patroling the forum. I see folks asking which Hulk or which version because it does make a difference.

This might bolster our numbers if we had some good rules that promote comic book characters.

It's just a random thought I had.

@takashichea: The same rules for specifying versions of anime/ manga characters are the same as for characters from other mediums like comic books, video games, TV shows and so forth.

Online Now

@Dream:

Oh, it was there. Sorry about that. My bad.

Post by Low (1,370 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Dream: I'd like to make a small preposition. Why not raise the thread post limit from 100 to say 200?

And, I'd like to know the reason behind this. Thanks.

@Low: The reason for the post limit was because in many instances, Battle threads that stretched beyond 100 posts either concluded and contained nothing but spam or discussion between both sides of a debate couldn't come to a resolution and it got to the point where mods had to step in and lock the thread since nothing was being settled in said matches.

As for the present limit, I'm still supporting it as it is.

Post by Low (1,370 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Dream: You can close debates on such occurrences. But yeah, past 100 usually goes in heat.

Post by chirothewolf (46 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@takashichea: hey okay I read all the rules and I wanted to let you kmow that I use a tablet however I can still post pictures I just cant post my profile picture

Online Now

@chirothewolf:

That's great. If you are in doubt about your next match up, you can always ask the battle veterans or the battle mods to take a look at it. We're a community, we brain storm together.

Online Now

This is what Sonata was referring to. In the rules, we don't allow poll threads in battle forums because it doesn't involve real debating at all.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel