barragan(bleach) vs Pride (fullmetal alchemist)

Topic started by ShinsuiDreyar on Feb. 7, 2013. Last post by othus12 1 year, 7 months ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,278 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@bigz007:

I believe that it will work on shadows

All shadows will disappear at some point

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Destinyheroknight: I actually agree with bigz on that one. A shadow cannot age. It is simply an absence of light. The only thing that will make one disappear is light, not time.

@UltimateHero0406:

And another bigger shadow

@Destinyheroknight: Yeah, that too. But still, a shadow itself does not age since there is nothing to age.

@UltimateHero0406:

It seem you don't get my point, I saying when Barragen aging powers hit Pride's shadow it will take away the light (since respira is made out of darkness)

I should have been more clearer

Post by bigz007 (1,091 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Destinyheroknight: True, but they will not disappear from aging.

Lets look at this like this. Aging is a process that takes place in a cell. When cells work for too long they start to decay. Because of that the organs start to weaken which finally ends up destroying the whole organism.

From logical perspective Barragan is affecting his opponents cells and organs by speeding up aging process. And we know as notorious fact that shadows DON'T have cells and organs.

And to conclude my point here: Barragan CAN'T age a shadow.

@bigz007:

But Pride's shadow are different from other shadows (like they have eyes and teeth)

@Destinyheroknight: It's unclear what Respira is made out of. And still, light can still shine through it's smoke like form.

And then Barragan only uses respira in resureccion if I'm not mistaken. And I doubt he will see the need to activate it. He could defeat pride rather easily in base.

@UltimateHero0406:

In the manga is just black (it don't look like a cloud) and it don't seem that light can get through

Then why did you bring it up, on your first post?

@Destinyheroknight: Because I didn't think of it back then lol. And either way, Barragan's lesser touch aging power should be nullified to the shadows as well. But any who I suppose we are just whipping a dead ox at this point.

Post by phantomrant (1,347 posts) See mini bio Level 10

-baraggan speedblitzes.

-baraggan swings his axe at pride

-Ceros, Balas, Cero Osacuras, etc.

Now does a Homunculi like Pride age?

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Barragan can slow down Selim with his power just like he did to Soi Fon. Barragan is faster than Pride thanks to that ability.

I doubt he can counter Respira.

Barragan can get close to Pride face to face and touch him.... after that his container will rot and it will be all over for Puraido.

Post by katmic (395 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Online Now

Barragan can't slow down or age shadows. If pride conceals himself in his shadows (like a shield), barrragan has to come to him. What does barragan do against a wall of pointy shadows coming at him? This could be a stale mate if Pride decides to play it safe, especially if he can't harm barragan

Post by xlab3000 (1,394 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Barragan

Post by ReliusClover (784 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@katmic: Pride is supersonic, Barrgan is hypersonic which means Pride won't be taging him any time soon. One cero would reduce Pride and his shadows to nothing and they couldn't even hurt Mr. Second Espada even if they hit.

Post by katmic (395 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Online Now

'they couldn't hurt Mr. second Espada' sounds like an assumption to me. And i thought pride could move through his shadows (might be my mistake but i don't think so). That sounds rather advantageous to me, speed wise and stealth wise. barragan can't hurt what he can't see

Post by ReliusClover (784 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@katmic: He never displayed the ability to hide in someone's shadow and even if he could that wouldn't give him any speed advantage (he would be long dead before he can do anything of that anyway).

Barg has durability between city-block and multi city-block level, Pride on he other hand didn't even display building level destruction. Even more so, i remember a certain scene in the manga, i remember it because it had me rolling on the floor laughing at how weak Pride is. He wanted to attack someone with his shadow and it hit the roof a car (and old fashioned on top of that) and the thing just bounced off, yeah it couldn't pierce the thin roof of a car.

Post by phantomrant (1,347 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Baraggan is definitely slowing shadows down should they approach him.

Furthermore, he still tanked a massive explosion from Soifon's Bankai. Shadow spikes aren't cutting him. Even Espada weaker than him (Nnoitra, Grimmjow, R1 Ulquiorra) will not be cut by Pride's shadows.

Explosions (such as from Ceros) also causes a lot of light to shine around the area of impact. Shadows are next to useless here.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Pride is to slow to tag Barragan.

Brragan will just tag Selim and Selim's container will rot...

Why is this still open? Hell, Barragan could let his subordinates take care of the kid. Ggio Vega ftw.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel