Asura vs Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann

Topic started by KingOfAsh on Sept. 19, 2013. Last post by CerusSerenade 11 months ago.
Post by KingOfAsh (1,377 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Who wins between the two? Asura with and without Destructor form.

Post by othus12 (6,581 posts) See mini bio Level 13

lol the laggan wins.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,739 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Gurren Lagann should win IMO, though Asura is a bit bigger

Post by CerusSerenade (2,546 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Asura was punching through universes in the fight against Chakravartin, when did Lagann do this?

Post by KingOfAsh (1,377 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@CerusSerenade said:

Asura was punching through universes in the fight against Chakravartin, when did Lagann do this?

@KingOfAsh: The screenshot doesn't show much and the video is blocked.

Post by ReiKai (3,509 posts) See mini bio Level 10
SGGL is moon-sized. Destructor Asura is Planet-Sized. Also, 6-Armed Vajra Asura had already killed Gongon Wyzen, who was planet-sized, long before he achieved his Destructor Form and Mantra Forms. And that was shortly after waking up from a 12thousand year nap of being 'dead'.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@ReiKai: Thing is, the way Asura beat Wyzen won't necessarily carry over to GL who should be a lot faster and have a wider range of attacks than the death poke.

@UltimateHero0406: The I guess you missed the very Beginning of the game where Asura slugs Vlitra, which is a Giant Head sticking out of the Planet.

Asura beat it so hard it went into hibernation for 13thousand years to recover. And let's not forget Yasha kicking the Brahmastra in the face and forcing the beam away from Asura. The Brahmastra, aka the Great Karma Fortress, is the size of a planet.

And that's still all way before Destructor Asura, who is blasting away multiple stars and planets. The Lagann team gets annihilated.
Post by XxGin (386 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@CerusSerenade said:

LOL just when did Asura punch universes?

I am not arguing for Lagann I just want to know just when because at least Reikai shows evidence.

Post by othus12 (6,581 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@CerusSerenade: asura never punched through a universe. geezz nowadays everything is a "universe"

BTW....if you were talking about naraka let me tell you its not a universe. he escaped naraka through an opening made by chakravantin.

and if you wer talking about the horizon event...that's not a universe either.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,655 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@othus12: Cerus also said that Asura was punching Galaxies lol.

Post by Kobra678 (3,100 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Online Now

Probably Lagann

During the fight with Chakravartin, Chak dumped Asura into an alternate dimension he created, and Asura literally punched his way out of it back into Chak's realm and continued fighting him.

@ReiKai: I didn't miss anything. I played the game multiple times.

I never said Asura was slow. I meant Wyzen was.

Plus hitting a target that protrudes from a planet isn't a big thing. Dodging it's extensions was good though.

The hibernation thing isn't a quantifiable feat. That's like saying Link slashed Ganon so hard, he flew into his next life.

And ok, that's Yasha's feat... And it kinda proves that Asura at that point would probably die (or slumber) if he got hit with a life wiper.

So yeah, with Destructor form, he would win this. But without (which is one of the battle circumstances), maybe not. So I say Asura 51%.

Post by Galenbeta (3,025 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@KingOfAsh: Tengen toppa Gurren Lagann fight with the anti spirals did indeed spill into other dimensions. It's big enough to grab earth with it's fingers

@UltimateHero0406: One thing you are forgetting is that the state of his appearance has little affect on Asura's actual power. It was more a visual representation. Mantra Asura is the same as Destructor Asura, only he's in his Regular size. His power, strength, and everything is still the same. And as indicated in the last fight with Chakravartin the Creator, where Chak was at his maximum ability, Asura still defeated him even when reduced to his most Basic appearance. Asura's power still increased immensely with his wrath, from being slapped around by Chak, to rivaling him, then to beating him.

Asura is at least hypersonic and in Berserker form he showed FTL beams. Destructor has him as an FTL'er as well.

@ReiKai: Well no Destructor form implies lacking the Mantra reactor. Or it's just as you said, there's no difference.

And Destructor Asura I can say is FTL but I wouldn't say the same for Berserker. Who says the beams are FTL?

@UltimateHero0406: Given the visual effect of the beams themselves they went from the Ground to far outer orbit nigh instantaneously. Even Light would take several seconds for this to happen. The only ones that could be argued differently were the charged blast orbs Asura shot into space which detonated and wiped out massive fleets of ships.

What the Mantra Reactor did was enable Asura's body to withstand his ever-increasing power. Before Yasha took it from the Brahmastra and installed it in Asura's chest, Asura's power was killing him because his body couldn't contain it. The Mantra Reactor changed this and gave him the aspects of the other Guardian Generals (the Seven Deities), along with his own. This allows him to continually increase his power without the strain and degradation on his body, thus removing all his previous limits and giving him control.

As Mantra Asura he demonstrated the same FTL speed and star-busting as he did in Destructor form, and Chak still competed with him, and in Creator mode, stomped him initially. Literally blocking Asura's strike with a single finger. Despite this and the loss of his Mantra state, Asura once again exceeded all limits, increasing his abilities beyond even Chak's Creator form.

@othus12: Yes, he did.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel