ASURA vs KRATOS

Topic started by othus12 on Feb. 20, 2012. Last post by Sonata 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by othus12 (6,673 posts) See mini bio Level 13

SO I BRING THE FIGHT BETWEEN THESE TWO MIGHTY GODS NOW THE RULES ARE:

-BLOODLUST: ON

-KRATOS HAS ACCESS TO ALL HIS HABILITIES AND WEAPONS INCLUDING BLADE OF OLYMPUS AND "HOPE"

-ASURA HAS ACCESS TO HIS "TRUE FORM" IF DESPERATE

-KNOWLEDGE OFF FOR BOTH (NOT THAT THEY CARE ANYWAYS)

-THEY START AT 20 METERS FROM EACH OTHER

-STAGE:EMPTY CITY OF OLYMPIA (GOD OF WAR VERSE)

Post by YouFinished (1,027 posts) See mini bio Level 9

asura stomps. he tanked re-entry at massively hypersonic speeds that caused an explosion visible from space, destroyed a being larger than earth with raw physical power, and tanked an attack from said being, and remember this was just in the demo. kratos doesn't deserve this.

Post by justanormalguy (270 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@YouFinished: Really, don't go making Kratos seem weak. His best and most impressive feat(in my opinion), was preventing Atlas from crushing him in his fingers. Kratos demi-god strength was enough to push back Atlas. Atlas, who holds up the Earth. Really? Asura's impressive, but Kratos held back the Titan who holds up the entire Earth.

@justanormalguy: isn't atlas the one who holds up the sky or "heavens" not the earth?

@YouFinished: I think this quote from the wiki would sum up Atlas' position in the game.

"A prime example of misconception exists throughout the series as, whether deliberate or a mistake, Atlas is seen holding up the world atop of the Underworld. One reason for this could be to avoid confusion; in western society, the word 'atlas' is most commonly associated with cartography, so it would make sense for the Titan to hold the Earth rather than the Heavens."

Post by JonSmith (185 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@YouFinished: @justanormalguy: Eh, as a Greek mythology self entitled expert, I feel obligated to point out Atlas holds up the SKY, as Mr. Finished pointed out. That said, I'm fairly certain that that does NOT hold true in Kratos's universe. I think he holds up the Earth or something very similiar from the planes of Tartarus.

Regardless, Asura wins this. While their rage is evenly matched, their strength is on an entirely different level. Asura can effectively destroy planets, and equally sized foes. Kratos, while powerful, hasn't been shown doing anything near that scale. Put it this way: Every time Kratos boasted a feat of strength against a large foe, you could still SEE Kratos and the enemy in the same shot. Asura? Not so much. So Asura most likely wins this with relative ease.

You want a real challenge? Put these two in a drinking contest with each other.

@justanormalguy: oh okay. well the fact that atlas just used two finger doesn't make the feat all that impressive atleast compared to what asura did. anyways he still loses badly.

@JonSmith: Asura can destroy a planet? When?

Also, I think you are forgetting one key principle of physics.

Size =/= mass.

Just because God of War's gods are put in the same frame as Kratos, that doesn't constitute that they are weaker. They can increase in size if they want. Asura's Wrath plays on a much larger scale to try and make their world seem larger than life right off the bat, but that doesn't automatically mean they their gods would defeat God of War's gods. There are elements from Greek mythology that do play into God of War. It's not completely original.

Also, Kratos was the gods kryptonite, so to speak. His existence and accomplishments made the gods take defensive action against him. There was a reason Zeus did everything he could to try and stop Kratos, including draining Kratos' god powers into the Blade of Olympus(which single handedly won the gods their war against the Titans), and killing Kratos and sending him to the Underworld(which Kratos simply came back from, meaning he cheated his own death). Kratos was a force. Kratos is no slouch. Don't make him out to be one.

@YouFinished: Asura punched Wyzen's finger hundreds of times and shattered the god. Kratos pushed back Atlas' fingers with his own strength.

Going on feats alone, Atlas is a much bigger threat than Wyzen. Atlas holds up the Earth. Wyzen makes himself look big.

It's not impressive looking at it from a feats standpoint, but from a "omg how pretty" standpoint.

@justanormalguy: asura destroyed wyzen who was larger than earth and size is proportional to mass.

start at 10:50

@YouFinished: I have played the demo. I know what happens.

However, you can't just assume because he can alter his size his mass follows as well. You can't assume that because he defeats Wyzen he can destroy the entire planet now.

We don't even know how much Wyzen weighs. He just gets really big. That's it.

@justanormalguy: why wouldn't his mass be proportional to his size?

@YouFinished: That would go against logical physics, would it not?

@justanormalguy: could show me which law of physics states this?

You can read it up here. - http://www.factmonster.com/science/physics/gravity.html

A video game does fall into a different category, though. We don't know because the developers never told us how much Wyven weighs. But using real world logic, we can't just assume because of his size, his mass is more than the Earth.

@YouFinished: @justanormalguy: Could you both take into account that a fat man swinging a golden shield the size of his body that fires rockets transformed into giant SPACE BUDDHA and accept that basic laws of physics and nature PROBABLY don't apply here?

@justanormalguy said:

@JonSmith: Asura can destroy a planet? When?

Also, I think you are forgetting one key principle of physics.

Size =/= mass.

Just because God of War's gods are put in the same frame as Kratos, that doesn't constitute that they are weaker. They can increase in size if they want. Asura's Wrath plays on a much larger scale to try and make their world seem larger than life right off the bat, but that doesn't automatically mean they their gods would defeat God of War's gods. There are elements from Greek mythology that do play into God of War. It's not completely original.

Also, Kratos was the gods kryptonite, so to speak. His existence and accomplishments made the gods take defensive action against him. There was a reason Zeus did everything he could to try and stop Kratos, including draining Kratos' god powers into the Blade of Olympus(which single handedly won the gods their war against the Titans), and killing Kratos and sending him to the Underworld(which Kratos simply came back from, meaning he cheated his own death). Kratos was a force. Kratos is no slouch. Don't make him out to be one.

In regards to this: Zeus was motivated to do all of that out of Fear. Most likely, had he been in total control of his senses, he would not have taken such drastic measures. And if you wish to make the argument that 'Kratos was a force', I would like to respectfully disagree. Kratos's RAGE was a force. Kratos's RAGE gave him all that power. Before he struck a deal with Ares, he was nearly defeated by a mere Barbarian. Even afterwards, he showed no real displays of power until he was tricked into murdering his wife and child. After that, his rage made him a nigh unstoppable force.

Asura is in a similiar position: After similiar circumstances, his rage allowed him to keep coming back from Naraka, their version of the Underworld. Much the same as Kratos. The 'force' you wish to bring into this is Rage, plain and simple. It is not connected to a single character, but it IS the source of their power. Without it, Kratos would be nowhere near the powerhouse he is. Without it, Asura would be killed and wouldn't come back.

I'm not downplaying Kratos's accomplishments. I'm merely saying he displayed nothing to place his power on the same level as Asura has displayed. And to more directly address your concerns that the gods and titans power is moreso than Wyzen's, on the basis that Wyzen merely 'got real big', without increasing his strength proportionately... Where is the proof of this? Considering that neither of us ran up to Space Buddha Wyzen and tried to give him a planetary hug to determine his weight, we can't state that either way.

@JonSmith: They most likely don't, you're right, but using debating methods that are normally seen on the forums, we can't go based on assumptions. If so, every DBZ thread wouldn't be the way they are. Lol.

@justanormalguy: Ah, sorry. I edited my post right after I posted it to add somethings. I apologize for inconvenience. I didn't see your post at the time.

@justanormalguy: so your assuming wyzen is hallow? the fact that he is larger than earth and is solid and the explosion caused was larger than earth as well is enough evidence to say asura is a planet buster.

@YouFinished: Why are you putting words into my mouth? When did I ever say that Wyzen was hollow?

Also, the explosion would be a good indicative that Asura could destroy the Earth, if we ran on assumptions. Kratos wields the Blade of Olympus, that ended the entire gods vs titan war on its own. Does that mean that he could destroy Asura in one swing of his sword? It's unlikely. I don't think there is evidence to show Asura can destroy the Earth. Wyzen is larger than the Earth, hence why the explosion would be too. It's taking into account the size of the being. Why would something big have a tiny explosion? Especially in the world of video games, that wouldn't make sense.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel