Asura (Asura's Wrath) vs. The Saints of Bronze and Silver

Topic started by ReiKai on Oct. 20, 2012. Last post by 5th 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by ReiKai (3,517 posts) See mini bio Level 10

vs. 

Asura hates gods, along with the whole idea of worship and prayer. Anyone serving them is, well, asking for a beating. For this, Asura will unleash his wrath upon the Saints of Athena. It's a war of Hindu vs Greek.

Stage 1a: Asura vs. the Bronze Saints in individual matches
Stage 1b: Asura vs. all Bronze Saints together.

Stage 2a: Asura vs. Silver Saints in single matches
Stage 2b: Asura vs Silver Saints altogether

Stage 3: Asura vs Gold Saint Leo Aiolia
Stage 3 Permit: Asura granted access to Destructor.

Special Stage: Bronze & Silver Saints vs. Berserker Asura
Post by Fehafare (9,391 posts) See mini bio Level 13

What level BS are we talking about? Pretty sure EoS Seiya could one-shot.

I'm not talking about EoS Seiya, who ranks as a Gold Saint by then. This is going by their power classification as Bronze then Silver Saints.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,962 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Anytime before the Sanctuary Arc, when they were piss weak like Mach 1-2 they lose badly. After 7th sense unlocked they win.

Post by taichokage (13,372 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The levels confused me so much. But at the start most of these guys were hella weak. The silver saints werent bad. But there is a MASSIVE disparity between bronze,silver and gold. I just put my two cents in. I'll leave the real discussion to those who know what they are talking about. I really only got the gold saints and higher. The lower levels confused me.

@taichokage: I know what you mean. It was weird to me in the beginning. The bronze saints are Mach 1 speed. The silver saints are Mach 2-5. Then straight to light speed and beyond as soon as the Gold Saints were introduced. I guess it depends on how they burn their cosmos really. And IIRC, their cloths make a significant difference as well. I don't really think that much to be honest because Hyoga raped some silver saints without his cloth.

I'm not certain even with 7th sense that it would make a whole lot of difference with the Bronze and Silver saints. And if it is true that their speed really is that pathetic, than even if they had comparable power, Asura is fast enough to pound the living hell out of them. May not even require Six-Armed Vajra Asura. All said and done though, Asura has insane feats.

@ReiKai: Why do you say that? The 7th sense is the reason they reached Gold Saint level as Bronze Saints. When they received the blood of the Gold Saints on their cloths, their 7th sense increased to the point where they surpassed the Gold Saints by burning their cosmos to the max. That's where the whole FTL thing and huge destructive capabilities come into play. And with 8th sense they go beyond and can even cheat death. Which Shaka demonstrated after they launched a Athena Exclamation on him. My point is, if you mean standard Bronze and Silver Saints then they get lolstomped. If not then they do the stomping. By Saint Seiya logic you're either pathetically weak shit or outrageously powerful. There is no middle ground as far as I'm concerned.

With that, however, they wouldn't be Bronze and Silver saints anymore, they'd be Gold Saints. To which the only potential counter would be Destructor and Mantra Asura, the only forms he had capable of contending with Chakravartin, the Creator. And that may be only against lower-ranking Gold Saints who don't amount to much even with that status. Kinda what I was testing with Leo Aiolia.
Post by othus12 (6,893 posts) See mini bio Level 13

not even close in destructive power, asura clears.

@ReiKai: Logically they would, but throughout the whole series they were considered Bronze Saints despite.

Post by 5th (1,247 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I don't think Asura can survive being destroyed at an atomic scale if these are the Saints during the Temples Arc. Anything above that arc would be an overkill, and that includes Gold Saints too.

I think the issue is actually succeeding in killing Asura by any means. He is insanely resilient and, like the Hulk, his power increases with his rage and can increase to theoretically infinite levels. By the end of it, not even the Creator God Chakravartin could kill Asura. Which was leagues of insanity.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,763 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I can see Akuma killing the saints, punching holes through their armor. He is one of the toughest, most powerful characters in videogame history, he can take damages that could make most of the anime characters fall apart. He survived planets crashing against him.

Post by othus12 (6,893 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@5th: it took the power of all gold saints to recreate the sun's rays or something close to that, asura blows up supernovas and planets bigger than that for breakfast. guess who wins?

There are gold saints who destroy galaxies. And Asura was only busting moons, planets and stars thrown at him while in Destructor mode, which makes Asura as big as a planet (larger than Gaea).
Post by Kuro_San (1,339 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@ReiKai: They dont really dstroy actual galaxies, they generate miniature galaxies and destroy that, and that's Saga gig rather than the other Gold Saints. I dont see Deathmask destroying a "galaxy"

If the attack has the "Force of an exploding galaxy", not gonna really argue it since it seems some of the higher Gold Saints can apparently destroy universe or some such.

Still, been going over some things. Was rewatching the "Lost Episodes" of Asura's Wrath (basically Asura fights Ryu and Akuma from SF), and calculated the speed Asura was traveling at when he Shoryuken'd...I mean, Uppercut'd, Ryu all the way to the Moon. Took about 20sec of travel time and shortest distance from Earth to Moon (according to some sources) is 356,400km. Places his rate of speed at Mach 52,312.6. 

I tried to do impact force, but I can't really calculate in the addition of Asura's own strength and Ryu's mass with it. Only that if Asura struck an object at that speed (and I only estimated Asura at like 300lbs, being conservative really given he's some kinda mystic cyborg with 6arms at the time), he'd hit with an impact force of around 247,271.5 metric tons. If I could figure out his actual physical strength levels, would definitely be higher than that, probably by several thousand or a hundred thousand times. Like, if he could hit with strength around 100 metric tons, at that rate of speed, he'd hit you with the force equivalent of 200,301,399 tons. Or something like 0.18gigatons.

Could go easier like 200,305kilotons. 'Little Boy', the nuke dropped on Hiroshima during WW2, only had a blast yield of around 16kt of TNT. Assuming any of my calculations are correct, a blow from Asura with that strength level would be 12,519x more powerful than that nuke. But really this is all my speculation based on what was basically a Non-Canon episode of Asura's Wrath. However it still fits given he was able to destroy Gongen Wyzen and Wyzen at that stage is larger than the planet.

@othus12 said:

@5th: it took the power of all gold saints to recreate the sun's rays or something close to that, asura blows up supernovas and planets bigger than that for breakfast. guess who wins?

I honestly think its more to it than that. And their "souls" were said to be as bright as the sun the true destructive power is unknown. But they can destroy galaxies and such so that statement seems a bit fishy don't cha think?

S'why I don't argue some can, but what about Leo Aiolia? What can he actually do himself? He just doesn't seem...well, all that important in the Gold Saint ranks, unless I'm mistaken about something. If Leo can outplay Asura at the start, then he should try and finish it ASAP. From what we've seen, Asura's power in battle increases in an ever multiplying geometric rate. Chakravartin learned that the hard way, even in Creator mode. At the start of that, he effortlessly stopped an attack from Asura with one finger and then broke apart 6-Armed Mantra Asura's extra arms. 

Yet mere moments later, Asura went from being completely dominated by Chakravartin, to forcing the Creator God to fight him on equal footing and then overtaking him.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel