Annihilators vs DBZ Villians

Topic started by PunkMastaFlex on Oct. 1, 2011. Last post by SilverGalford 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by ReiKai (3,517 posts) See mini bio Level 10
  
  Win
Post by PunkMastaFlex (65 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Newdeath said:

@PunkMastaFlex: Every FTL character has been attacked by slower attacks. It's all for the sake plot. Why bring it up when you know that it was simply for the plot? It won't help your argument. Blitzing and grabbing Nova by the throat before Worldmind could even warn Nova is fighting at FTL speeds. Cell isn't a solar system buster. Claiming to be one does not make him one.

ND

Because they either don't possess the reaction speed to evade stated attacks or their body simple cannot move that fast in combat.

Also, I haven't claimed that Cell's a solar system buster, I merely stated that because I was equivocated at this.@SilverGalford said:

@Hellos said:

@Newdeath said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

Buu's considered to be nigh-omnipotent (A hyperbole but it show cases his power through exaggeration).

Nobody considers Buu nigh-omnipotent. I even know some DBZ fanboys who don't push it that far.

ND

You haven't been reading your DBZ threads enough. *Cough Cough*

*Shutter* Some people don't have half a brain.

is this for real? i can't believe it .

I believe I've stated that it's an exaggeration such as Thor stating Odin to be all powerful and all knowing (The writer even stated that Odin was omnipotent).

Also when you post meaningless comments such as "some people don't have half a brain.", it proves you yourself possesses a mind that's not even average as it's physiogically impossible to possess just half a brain. It also proves to me that you clearly cannot read nor comprehend what I've stated in that sentence.

@Fire Star said:

Agreed. It's already established that Thor isn't as powerful as current Surfer based on feats.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@PunkMastaFlex: No, they are hit by slower characters for the sake of the plot or it's simply PIS. You can't seriously sit there and state that the Hulk is fast enough to tag Iron Man, Sentry, Gladiator, Thor, Silver Surfer and Spider-Man because they can't react to his speed. That's ludicrous. The Silver Surfer displayed FTL combat when he grabbed Nova by the throat before Worldmind could even warn Nova of the Surfer's presence and that was Nova when he was in possession of the entire Nova Force. Also, the Surfer nearly snatched omnipotence from Thanos' hands by moving at massively FTL speeds.

Why is that comment directed at me? Was I the one who said people don't have half a brain? Last time I checked, I'm not Hellos.

ND

Post by PunkMastaFlex (65 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Newdeath:

If they haven't proven to possess said reaction or combat speed, it is pis. Hulk isn't in this thread nor Spider-Man. Since we're already in liaison to speed, I can easily ride a bike at 40 mph and hold out my hand to grab someone by the throat but that doesn't mean I can fight at 40 mph. The Infinity Guantlet is a dues ex machina item and therefore, cannot be snatched. If Surfer snatched said item from Thanos's grasp, then it's pis. The Infinity Guantlet is an item where the writer can write ANYTHING in favor for the possessor. I can easily write Surfer going half way and write Thanos to transform Surfer into Mickey Mouse and rid of him his cosmic powers.

It's easier to quote the entirety of it rather than finding the person whom actually posted it. It's not for you if that solaces you.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@PunkMastaFlex: It wouldn't be PIS because all the Surfer needed to do was snatch it. I'm using Hulk and Spidey as an example. You claim that if a character has been tagged by slower characters they aren't fast enough to react to them which by your logic means that the Hulk is faster than Gladiator. The Surfer has constantly displayed FTL speed, using massively FTL speed to grab Nova by the throat proves it once again. Also do not forget that the Surfer was blitzing Nova around before he could even do anything.

If it wasn't for me then you shouldn't have mentioned me at the end of that sentence. It seems like you thought I was the one who said that.

ND

Post by PunkMastaFlex (65 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Newdeath: It would be pis because a dues ex machina is the character that's backed up by the writer to no end. Examples of claimed statements include Red Hulk written by Leob, Sentry/Void written by Bendis, and classic Dr. Strange. The Infinity Guantlet is a dues ex machina item and whoever possesses this item, will become nigh-omnipotent and become a dues ex machina character. Thanos aka the writer wrting Thanos can do anything to Surfer within any instances in the comic. He can easily stop Surfer the moment he started to race towards the IG. Using my example proves that isn't the case nor does it prove if Surfer can truly fight at lightspeed. He can react at lightspeed and grab someone by the throat sure, but that doesn't mean he can start fighting like Superman at lightspeed. This is quite absurd. I used the bike example to showcase how this isn't plausible nor usable.

Oh for that, I apologize. It wasn't meant for you. My mistake.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@PunkMastaFlex: None of that proves that the Surfer is incapable of fighting at FTL speeds. During his fight with Nova, he repeatedly blitzed Nova at FTL speeds before Nova could even think of a counter or before even Worldmind could. And it was then revealed that the Surfer wasn't even using his full power when he was blitzing around Nova (who was in possession of the Nova Force and capable of FTL speeds himself). A few PIS instances and bad writing does not mean anything since the Surfer has shown many FTL speed feats including reacting in under a nanosecond with FTL reflexes and FTL combat is entirely dependent on FTL reaction time or reflexes which the Surfer has shown.

ND

Post by ReiKai (3,517 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I think this thread needs to be put down already.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@PunkMastaFlex said:

Because they either don't possess the reaction speed to evade stated attacks or their body simple cannot move that fast in combat.

Also, I haven't claimed that Cell's a solar system buster, I merely stated that because I was equivocated at this.

I believe I've stated that it's an exaggeration such as Thor stating Odin to be all powerful and all knowing (The writer even stated that Odin was omnipotent).

Sure if you ignore showings that say otherwise.

Odin is just nigh omnipotent; nigh omnipotence is a dime a dozen in Marvel.

Also when you post meaningless comments such as "some people don't have half a brain.", it proves you yourself possesses a mind that's not even average as it's physiogically impossible to possess just half a brain. It also proves to me that you clearly cannot read nor comprehend what I've stated in that sentence.
@Fire Star said:
Agreed. It's already established that Thor isn't as powerful as current Surfer based on feats.

One wonders why you would ever take such an expression seriously, rather than take it as it is, an insult to select individual's own intelligence when they regard Buu to have any measure of omnipotence.

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Newdeath:

If they haven't proven to possess said reaction or combat speed, it is pis. Hulk isn't in this thread nor Spider-Man. Since we're already in liaison to speed, I can easily ride a bike at 40 mph and hold out my hand to grab someone by the throat but that doesn't mean I can fight at 40 mph. The Infinity Guantlet is a dues ex machina item and therefore, cannot be snatched. If Surfer snatched said item from Thanos's grasp, then it's pis. The Infinity Guantlet is an item where the writer can write ANYTHING in favor for the possessor. I can easily write Surfer going half way and write Thanos to transform Surfer into Mickey Mouse and rid of him his cosmic powers.

It's easier to quote the entirety of it rather than finding the person whom actually posted it. It's not for you if that solaces you.

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Newdeath: It would be pis because a dues ex machina is the character that's backed up by the writer to no end. Examples of claimed statements include Red Hulk written by Leob, Sentry/Void written by Bendis, and classic Dr. Strange. The Infinity Guantlet is a dues ex machina item and whoever possesses this item, will become nigh-omnipotent and become a dues ex machina character. Thanos aka the writer wrting Thanos can do anything to Surfer within any instances in the comic. He can easily stop Surfer the moment he started to race towards the IG. Using my example proves that isn't the case nor does it prove if Surfer can truly fight at lightspeed. He can react at lightspeed and grab someone by the throat sure, but that doesn't mean he can start fighting like Superman at lightspeed. This is quite absurd. I used the bike example to showcase how this isn't plausible nor usable.

Oh for that, I apologize. It wasn't meant for you. My mistake.

Thanos had himself powered down at the time, which was the only reason the Surfer could have snatched the gauntlet from his grasp.

Otherwise the Space and Time Gems would have made this entire surprise tremendous FTL grab impossible to even do, given both of said gems gave Thanos omnipresence and omniscience.

And he nearly did lose it to the Surfer speeding at him at absurd FTL speeds.

Why this even matters when the Surfer can defeat most of the DBZ team without moving is beyond me.

Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Annihilators annihilate 
Post by PunkMastaFlex (65 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@ReiKai said:
I think this thread needs to be put down already.

Yeah I agree now. 
 
@Newdeath said:

@PunkMastaFlex: None of that proves that the Surfer is incapable of fighting at FTL speeds. During his fight with Nova, he repeatedly blitzed Nova at FTL speeds before Nova could even think of a counter or before even Worldmind could. And it was then revealed that the Surfer wasn't even using his full power when he was blitzing around Nova (who was in possession of the Nova Force and capable of FTL speeds himself). A few PIS instances and bad writing does not mean anything since the Surfer has shown many FTL speed feats including reacting in under a nanosecond with FTL reflexes and FTL combat is entirely dependent on FTL reaction time or reflexes which the Surfer has shown.

ND


There's nothing to prove that he can fight at lightspeed in a similar manner to Superman. Did he blitz nova and then proceed to throw volleys of nonstop strikes towards him? No. He blitzed him with the combination of travel and combat speed. In instances where it requires h2h combat showings from Surfer, he NEVER fights in a manner similar to Superman. Even against Hulk he hasn't shown that level of speed. He's capable of reacting to light and retaliate with a strike sure, but not millions of strikes.
 
@Hellos: 

 

Sure if you ignore showings that say otherwise.

Odin is just nigh omnipotent; nigh omnipotence is a dime a dozen in Marvel.One wonders why you would ever take such an expression seriously, rather than take it as it is, an insult to select individual's own intelligence when they regard Buu to have any measure of omnipotence. 

 
Combine those 2 statements together. It's merely exaggeration to define the power of Odin and Buu and not true omnipotence.  

Post by SpeedOfZound (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2

@Hellos said:


Thanos had himself powered down at the time, which was the only reason the Surfer could have snatched the gauntlet from his grasp.

if Surfer can react more or less as fast as he moves why did he continue to fly out of sight instead of grabbing the gauntlet again.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,282 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@SpeedOfZound
You can't just turn around at that speed, it have nothing to do with react
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@SpeedOfZound said:

if Surfer can react more or less as fast as he moves why did he continue to fly out of sight instead of grabbing the gauntlet again.

Because at the time he missed it, he was already an absurd amount of light years away and Thanos re-empowered himself into Godhood.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@PunkMastaFlex: Yes there is. The fact that he was blitzing Nova around before Worldmind could warn him, the fact the he reacted in under a nanosecond with FTL reflexes (which is all you need for FTL combat) and the fact that he nearly snatched the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos at massively FTL speeds. Denying that he can't fight at FTL speeds is simply ignoring the Surfer's great showings and focusing on PIS.

ND

Post by Epic_Wankerman (36 posts) See mini bio Level 5

Frieza solos EASILY!!!!!!! The rest aren't even needed!!!!!!!!!

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Frieza solos EASILY!!!!!!! The rest aren't even needed!!!!!!!!!

and yet a planet busting powered sword ( LOL! ) , beat him.

Post by Epic_Wankerman (36 posts) See mini bio Level 5

WRONG! Trunks was putting his ki into his sword with at least enough power to bust infinite megaomniverses!!!!!!

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Epic_Wankerman: Stop trolling

ND

Post by Epic_Wankerman (36 posts) See mini bio Level 5

I'm not trolling, you're just mad because I'm proving all of your arguments wrong, DBZ hater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel