Annihilators vs DBZ Villians

Topic started by PunkMastaFlex on Oct. 1, 2011. Last post by SilverGalford 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@MisterShin said:

"Yeah im not seeing FTL anywhere here. Light can travel around the Earth 7 1/2 times in one second. (In Two seconds, light would have travels 15 times around the Earth etc etc).
It took Surfer Several Seconds. Surfer has many senses which can aid him in searching.
My Verdict NOT an FTL feat. "

So your ignoring the scan were the Surfer slams Thor into Mars from Earth's orbit? If he was using his senses, he wouldn't have left. He literally went to search a planet for a single person before Strange could finish his sentence.

"There could be more to this feat, but this single page you have presented is not FTL."

Cool. Still depicted faster than the entire DBZ cast.

"Surfer is lightspeed, however he can only attain FTL in HYPERSPACE. Anything that contradicts this is simply BAD WRITING or an Outlier. "

Your acting like hyperspace seperates them from the normal universe. Thor was hopping into it as he was cruising through the Solar System, just as Bill did when he easily went through half a galaxy after he saw his ship. There was nothing flashy about the process and they remained very much in said universe. I know your big on "NO! HE NO FTL!" but yeah, theres a reason why he could nearly snatch omnipotence from Thanos' fingers traveling millions of times the speed of light.

"Thor > SS"

Nope, Fraction literally had the Silver Surfer spending most of his 'fight' with Thor asking the Asgardians to stop and bickering with Thor, there is a reason why he did that. Because Norrin could have beaten him senseless with his damn board on it's own.

@MisterShin said:

He has also go tagged by sub-sonic characters on MULTIPLE OCCASIONS. For all the high-end feats, surfer also has his low-end. People like to claim PIS, CIS and bad writing when its the low-end feats though. (When it should also apply to high-end feats within reason of-course )

Yes low ends where he is either extremely weakened, depowered, doesn't even acknowledge the person attacking him as a threat, etc. I'd rather not poke fun at Buu Saga plot holes that imply the Z fighters aren't close to light speed, but rather how this thread is turning into "The Silver Surfer isn't dat fast!" as if he needs to slug it out with the Z fighters in the same moronic way they fight one on one.

He doesn't even need to move to own most of this team, that is what is ridiculous about this thread.

Post by YouFinished (1,027 posts) See mini bio Level 9
why is this still going on?
Post by MisterShin (2,124 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Hellos said:

@MisterShin said:

"Yeah im not seeing FTL anywhere here. Light can travel around the Earth 7 1/2 times in one second. (In Two seconds, light would have travels 15 times around the Earth etc etc).
It took Surfer Several Seconds. Surfer has many senses which can aid him in searching.
My Verdict NOT an FTL feat. "

So your ignoring the scan were the Surfer slams Thor into Mars from Earth's orbit? If he was using his senses, he wouldn't have left. He literally went to search a planet for a single person before Strange could finish his sentence.

Yes I know. He could have found them in 1 SECOND THOUGH, if he found them on his first 7 1/2 trips around the Earth . (Since Light travels 7 1/2 times around the Earth in 1 Second.)  
Surfer took several seconds, which makes the feat less impressive because a relativistic or light speed character can achieve the same results in that time frame.
In fact he could have found them in less time (e.g. if he knew they would be on land or in the sea, then he could have less area to search thus making the search quicker)  

"There could be more to this feat, but this single page you have presented is not FTL."

Cool. Still depicted faster than the entire DBZ cast.

Hmmm I dunno about that. They are dodging Ki Beams which reach the Sun in under 10 Seconds.  
Then there are plenty teleporters there too (Cell, Buu, Janemba).  

"Surfer is lightspeed, however he can only attain FTL in HYPERSPACE. Anything that contradicts this is simply BAD WRITING or an Outlier. "

Your acting like hyperspace seperates them from the normal universe. Thor was hopping into it as he was cruising through the Solar System, just as Bill did when he easily went through half a galaxy after he saw his ship. There was nothing flashy about the process and they remained very much in said universe. I know your big on "NO! HE NO FTL!" but yeah, theres a reason why he could nearly snatch omnipotence from Thanos' fingers traveling millions of times the speed of light.

Its a means of travelling great distances in a short period of time. E.g. Travelling Galaxy to Galaxy or from one end of the Universe to the Other. 
It has different physical laws, which enable people like the Silver Surfer to exceed Light Speed.   

Quote: 
"A dimension accessible from Earth whose physical laws differ from Earth's in the following ways. First, it is possible to surpass the speed of light within hyperspace. Second, hyperspace is "warped" in comparison to Earth's dimension so that the distance between two points in hyperspace might be immensely shorter than the distance between the equivalent points in Earth's dimension. Interstellar travel is impractical for any sentient race that has not discovered the means of traveling through hyperspace in order to reach a destination in their own dimension. Hyperspace is also known as sub-space (which is sometimes confused with the Negative Zone) and warp-space. It is accessible through naturally occurring or artificially created nexuses in space called space warps."
http://marvel.wikia.com/Glossary:H#Hyperspace  

In Regular/Normal space, SS cannot exceed light speed. SS can exceed it using Hyperspace.   Its this simple, its his power-set.  
Or should we, forget about hyperspace and say that he doesn't need it, he is 1000x FTL all the time. Every time he is not FTL its PIS / CIS / Bad Writing etc etc.

"Thor > SS"

Nope, Fraction literally had the Silver Surfer spending most of his 'fight' with Thor asking the Asgardians to stop and bickering with Thor, there is a reason why he did that. Because Norrin could have beaten him senseless with his damn board on it's own.

Thor > SS may Comic fans would agree with this statement, coz its true.  
Thor is almost always above SS. 
You picked your scans to make SS seem like his more quicker than Thor.  Right here Thor beat him to Earth.
http://imageftw.com/uploads/20110903/09-02-2011%2015.jpg 

@MisterShin said:

"Yes I know. He could have found them in 1 SECOND THOUGH, if he found them on his first 7 1/2 trips around the Earth . (Since Light travels 7 1/2 times around the Earth in 1 Second.)
Surfer took several seconds, which makes the feat less impressive because a relativistic or light speed character can achieve the same results in that time frame.
In fact he could have found them in less time (e.g. if he knew they would be on land or in the sea, then he could have less area to search thus making the search quicker) "

Less than a second, if he was written as he was now, he would have already known Namor wasn't on the planet. Right now his cosmic awareness is jacked to ridiculous proportions and he can literally sense you from light years away.

I don't know where your getting several seconds from. Unless Strange talks much more slowly than I do, I doubt it took more than 5 to say what he did. And unless the Surfer is doing this search by orbit or is tapping into his cosmic senses, he would have a lot of ground to cover with just using his eyes, which is probably what the writer would be implying in that scenario.

"Hmmm I dunno about that. They are dodging Ki Beams which reach the Sun in under 10 Seconds.
Then there are plenty teleporters there too (Cell, Buu, Janemba). "

I do, no DBZ character could pull off that Silver Surfer feat. Even Goku would have to take a moment to track down said person's ki and IT there, not search the entire planet for a single person by flying around looking for them. That's why they rely on a damn little radar to find the Dragon Balls on a regular basis and it takes them a decent amount of time to accomplish the task. You act like teleportation is something special, the Surfer, along friends here have teleportation feats.

I'm glad they can dodge those Ki beams though, it's not like slow moving pieces of pink goo hasn't jumped them, effortlessly absorbing them, even with some prior warning(in Piccolo's case and Gohan had a pretty solid look at it before he got absorbed too) or Hercule wasn't regular able to perceive their fights during Buu saga. But regardless, I'd rather not poke at those sores on the skin of the DBZ super duper FTL combat that people insist happens over the course of what appears to actually be very long fights, not ones that last under a minute.

"Its a means of travelling great distances in a short period of time. E.g. Travelling Galaxy to Galaxy or from one end of the Universe to the Other.
It has different physical laws, which enable people like the Silver Surfer to exceed Light Speed.
Quote:
"A dimension accessible from Earth whose physical laws differ from Earth's in the following ways. First, it is possible to surpass the speed of light within hyperspace. Second, hyperspace is "warped" in comparison to Earth's dimension so that the distance between two points in hyperspace might be immensely shorter than the distance between the equivalent points in Earth's dimension. Interstellar travel is impractical for any sentient race that has not discovered the means of traveling through hyperspace in order to reach a destination in their own dimension. Hyperspace is also known as sub-space (which is sometimes confused with the Negative Zone) and warp-space. It is accessible through naturally occurring or artificially created nexuses in space called space warps."
http://marvel.wikia.com/Glossary:H#Hyperspace "

I'm not too big on the wikia, when plenty of writers have had absolutely no problems with said characters going FTL and interacting with normal space. It's why Norrin nearly snagged omnipotence from Thanos, was easily out pacing and announcing Galactus' Event that was encompassing entire star systems without slowing in moments, or heck when Norrin was hitting Nova faster than he could actually see him, even easily again escape Nova's sight. That's a character clocked at going trillions of times the speed of light. Heck Nova himself delivered that FTL kick to smash through a solar system barrier.

"In Regular/Normal space, SS cannot exceed light speed. SS can exceed it using Hyperspace. Its this simple, its his power-set.
Or should we, forget about hyperspace and say that he doesn't need it, he is 1000x FTL all the time. Every time he is not FTL its PIS / CIS / Bad Writing etc etc."

Even ignoring that Norrin can control the !@#$ing laws of physics, why is Norrin special with dozens of characters in Marvel have no trouble making fun at the light speed barrier? Even current Quick Silver was pulling off Flash themed feats and I think it's fair to say he doesn't use Hyperspace to do so.

"Thor > SS may Comic fans would agree with this statement, coz its true."

No it isn't. Thor didn't do any substantial damage to Norrin at all in their fight. His best hit against Norrin was the headbutt and that caused him to start bleeding. Outside that Norrin was stopping Mjolnir mid swing and spend a good amount of time arguing / insulting Thor, after tanking hits from Mjolnir only to have Thor get pummeled by his board over and over. I mean literally, the only time Thor was hitting him was when he was talking or when he had his back turned. Fraction had him stop fighting entirely to say "Thor your wound!" which prompts Thor to slug Mjolnir into him again. Norrin fired what, two energy blasts at Thor in 3 issues? One Thor tanks in his whacky space armor Odin hooked him up with, which apparently hurt given Thor dialogue.

But you can chalk up their fight to this:

Thor throughout this book showed no superiority to Norrin outside being prompt to attack him when he wouldn't shut up.

"Thor is almost always above SS."

Except over the decades the Silver Surfer has gotten only stronger and is now actually in Thor's weight class given his more recent showings of strength when he's pummeling Bill and stopping Thor's own physical strikes with his arms.

"You picked your scans to make SS seem like his more quicker than Thor. Right here Thor beat him to Earth."

What? Did you not see the page showing them arriving at the destination at the same time?

And they weren't racing to Earth. Norrin has the better travel speed feats as far as I can tell.

Post by PunkMastaFlex (65 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Newdeath said:

@PunkMastaFlex: No, it's not mere speculation when there is a basis for the claim. Combat speed is almost entirely reliant on reaction time and reflexes. And in the scan I've shown, the Surfer reacts in under a nanosecond so it is well within his capability to fight at that speed because he can react at that speed.

ND

I'm well aware of that. However the fact remains in topic is that he doesn't ever utilize his this speed in combat thus remains the fact that he can't fight at lightspeed. I seen that scan before and it's completely irrelevant and it's a one time showing. Until he's shown a feat similar to that scan, it's not feasible as current scans shown Surfer being attacked by much slower attacks. Speed's completely irrelevant for Surfer in this case. The reason I've limited the Annihilators with morals and character is to limit the battle to ease it out. Given the possible claims of Broly being a galaxy buster, Cell being a solar system buster, and Buu's considered to be nigh-omnipotent (A hyperbole but it show cases his power through exaggeration).

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@PunkMastaFlex: Every FTL character has been attacked by slower attacks. It's all for the sake plot. Why bring it up when you know that it was simply for the plot? It won't help your argument. Blitzing and grabbing Nova by the throat before Worldmind could even warn Nova is fighting at FTL speeds. Cell isn't a solar system buster. Claiming to be one does not make him one.

ND

Buu isn't considered nigh omnipotent by anyone with half a brain.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@PunkMastaFlex said:

Buu's considered to be nigh-omnipotent (A hyperbole but it show cases his power through exaggeration).

Nobody considers Buu nigh-omnipotent. I even know some DBZ fanboys who don't push it that far.

ND

@Newdeath said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

Buu's considered to be nigh-omnipotent (A hyperbole but it show cases his power through exaggeration).

Nobody considers Buu nigh-omnipotent. I even know some DBZ fanboys who don't push it that far.

ND

You haven't been reading your DBZ threads enough. *Cough Cough*

*Shutter* Some people don't have half a brain.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Hellos said:

@Newdeath said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

ND

You haven't been reading your DBZ threads enough. *Cough Cough*

*Shutter* Some people don't have half a brain.

is this for real? i can't believe it .

@SilverGalford: Feel free to google "Buu Omnipotent, Anime Vice". Apparently Broly is more powerful than Odin to boot.

I've been in wayyy too many DBZ threads.

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Thor is not more powerful than Silver Surfer, let's get that straight here and now.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Hellos:

That scan is clearly fake (since Buu said he was invincible, not Omnipotent) Man, why do DBZ fanboy think that no one read the manga?

@Fire Star said:

Thor is not more powerful than Silver Surfer, let's get that straight here and now.

This thread involves DBZ characters, getting things out straight here and now isn't part of the deal.

@Destinyheroknight said:

@Hellos:

That scan is clearly fake (since Buu said he was invincible, not Omnipotent) Man, why do DBZ fanboy think that no one read the manga?

Because most people are more likely to remember the anime, rather than the Manga. Horde of fan translated scans vs the legitimate stuff.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Hellos:

That sadly true :(

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Hellos: I'm assuming that was sarcasm?

@Fire Star said:

@Hellos: I'm assuming that was sarcasm?

Take it as you wish, these threads tend to be full of utter nonsense.

Post by maigret (220 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Piccolo:im not a yoshi!

Goku:but you said...

Piccolo:its called SARCASM!

goku:what does it taste like?

Piccolo:DAMNIT GOKU!

(I couldnt resist..)

Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
You should try this one.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@ReiKai said:

You should try this one.

"makanjofkskfsapata"

"double kill"

LOL!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel