Annihilators vs DBZ Villians

Topic started by PunkMastaFlex on Oct. 1, 2011. Last post by SilverGalford 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@shonen: Only some of those said otherwise. Some of those scans actually show the Surfer's impressive speed such as when he was blitzing Nova around before he could even think.

ND

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Newdeath said:

@shonen: Only some of those said otherwise. Some of those scans actually show the Surfer's impressive speed such as when he was blitzing Nova around before he could even think.

ND

Good showing to mention.

Post by All_StarSupes (767 posts) See mini bio Level 10

So Surfer can travel as fast as the Flash but has the reactions of Batman? So does he use Sat Nav to avoid planets when he's travelling at light speed because his reactions wouldn't be quick enough?

Post by PunkMastaFlex (65 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@All_StarSupes:

Surfer possesses nanosecond reaction speed. However he doesn't utilize his speed in the manner of Flash and Quicksilver the majority of the time. Especially when he's within character.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Falken said:

@SilverGalford: Genial los videos en latino, me habia olvidado cuanto me habia gustado la pelicula de la fusion XD

LOL! ¿ hablas español? , ya veo , solo puse todos esos videos para demostrar una cosa :

(gohan dirigiendose a super buu )

"aqui estoy , estas acabado"

( comentarista )

"gohan tiene un increible poder con el que le esta propinando una buena paliza a majin buu"

yes , gohan beat the hell out of super buu and the silver surfer is going to do the same .

if you want to continue speaking in spanish send me a PM or write something on my profile wall XD!

@Newdeath:

Surfer hasn't shown the ability to fight at lightspeed nor did Bill. They both possess nanosecond reaction speed sure, but they haven't proven to fight on that level. Surfer barely even engages within a physical fight as well so it's meaningless really to back him up for this particular reason.

@PunkMastaFlex: Yes he has. When he fought Nova who at the time was in possession of the entire Nova Force, the Surfer blitzed him and grabbed him by the throat before Worldmind could even inform him of the situation and before Nova himself could even think. The Surfer can fight at that level and so can Bill. The Surfer doesn't usually do this because he is a peaceful character, his personality makes him the kind who doesn't use his power to it's fullest, however, when he's truly serious he does.

ND

@Newdeath said:

@PunkMastaFlex: Yes he has. When he fought Nova who at the time was in possession of the entire Nova Force, the Surfer blitzed him and grabbed him by the throat before Worldmind could even inform him of the situation and before Nova himself could even think. The Surfer can fight at that level and so can Bill. The Surfer doesn't usually do this because he is a peaceful character, his personality makes him the kind who doesn't use his power to it's fullest, however, when he's truly serious he does.

ND

He wasn't fighting at at superspeed however. He blitzed nova through the combination of travel speed + reaction speed. He hasn't shown to fight in the manner such as Superman nor Flash. I agee about the last sentence which is exactly why I placed the in character part.

@PunkMastaFlex: Fighting speed is highly dependent on reaction speed. It's well within the Surfer's abilities to fight at FTL speeds.

ND

@Newdeath said:

@PunkMastaFlex: Fighting speed is highly dependent on reaction speed. It's well within the Surfer's abilities to fight at FTL speeds.

ND

It's also highly dependent on whether he has shown to fight in that manner which he hasn't. Superman and Flash has proven they can. Surfer doesn't utilize his speed in their manner within battle. He has other powers to rely on such as energy projection and his invulnerability. If he could fight at said level of speed, he'd use it against Hulk which he hasn't (I know he was regressed from his power cosmic but that didn't strip his strength nor invulnerability away so I assume he kept his reaction speed with it). If he can truly fight like Superman and Flash, he'd done within the last 5 years but he hasn't.

@PunkMastaFlex: In the battle forums when you debate on behalf of a character, you look at their abilities not their willingness to use their powers. Nobody's talking about Superman or Flash. Being tagged by the Hulk means nothing. Iron Man, Sentry, and Thor have all been tagged by the Hulk yet they are incalculably faster than him and the Surfer is much faster than all of them. The only reason fast characters are tagged by slow characters in comic books is for the sake of the plot.

ND

@Newdeath said:

@PunkMastaFlex: In the battle forums when you debate on behalf of a character, you look at their abilities not their willingness to use their powers. Nobody's talking about Superman or Flash. Being tagged by the Hulk means nothing. Iron Man, Sentry, and Thor have all been tagged by the Hulk yet they are incalculably faster than him and the Surfer is much faster than all of them. The only reason fast characters are tagged by slow characters in comic books is for the sake of the plot.

ND

I know how to debate and I'm well aware of the rules. Fact is that I know what Surfer's capable as well as all the character's you've just stated. Surfer's only fast within travel speed and reaction speed. Unless we see legitimate reasons of his combat speed feats, it's just mere speculation. Fact remains that Surfer hasn't shown any combat speed feats, any fighting skills, nor does he normally engage into a physical fight. He usually strikes one time with a punch and that's all we see of it. We don't know if he can actually fight or possesses any combat skills at all nor do we know how fast he can actually fight. Thor's almost a similar case with Surfer but with some differences. I know of the last sentence. I'm well aware of how they're tagged.

@PunkMastaFlex: No, it's not mere speculation when there is a basis for the claim. Combat speed is almost entirely reliant on reaction time and reflexes. And in the scan I've shown, the Surfer reacts in under a nanosecond so it is well within his capability to fight at that speed because he can react at that speed.

ND

Post by MisterShin (2,122 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Hellos said: 

This stuff isn't new and he's been doing it for decades. He himself has a great deal of speed, processing power and a reaction time. Otherwise he wouldn't even be able to perform his task as a herald of finding Galactus his meals, much less while going at tremendous FTL speeds get where he actually wants to go in space. There is a reason Marvel depicts him with the speed to search entire planets for single individuals.

Yeah im not seeing FTL anywhere here.  
Light can travel around the Earth 7 1/2 times in one second.  (In Two seconds, light would have travels 15 times around the Earth etc etc).
It took Surfer Several Seconds. 
Surfer has many senses which can aid him in searching. 
My Verdict NOT an FTL feat.  

There could be more to this feat, but this single page you have presented is not FTL.

@Hellos said:

If the Marvel EC (I'm sure you didn't make this up and have some sort of direct link to prove what you said) disagrees, he doesn't know what the !@#$ he is talking about.

That white line speed around the asteroids is Norrin, the yellow one smashing into them is Quasar and he is FTL. Even his nobody replacement when he died could perceive an object moving FTL and actually chase after it.

Surfer is lightspeed, however he can only attain FTL in HYPERSPACE. Anything that contradicts this is simply BAD WRITING or an Outlier.  

Thor > SS
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Surfer has been massively FTL outside of hyperspace numerous times. It's not badwriting. It's just established fact.
@ReiKai:  
However these are absent / inconsistent on numerous occasions in the comics and can therefore be classified as bad writing. Because the consistency of his character changes dependant on the author at that moment.
Surfer has exceeded FTL without hyperspace on Multiple Occasions. That establishes he can do it when he desires to.
@ReiKai said:
Surfer has exceeded FTL without hyperspace on Multiple Occasions. That establishes he can do it when he desires to.
He has also go tagged by sub-sonic characters on MULTIPLE OCCASIONS

For all the high-end feats, surfer also has his low-end.  
People like to claim PIS, CIS and bad writing when its the low-end feats though. (When it should also apply to high-end feats within reason of-course )
Surfer being tagged is due to PIS/CIS. That gets written off. Claiming he can only go lightspeed outside of Hyperspace is completely ludicrous.
@ReiKai:  
Why?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel