Anime vs Marvel and DC 2

Topic started by MrASSH0LE on Nov. 5, 2010. Last post by rein 3 years, 8 months ago.
Post by taichokage (12,443 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@mrassh0le: spite again.
Batman vs Ed = ed
Lucy vs Hulk - Lucy
If Hitsugaya is mortal in the battle than Iceman owns him. Grey makes little difference
Kenny and Bradley vs 23 and Wolvie, Kenpachi solos the battle including his partner with ease
clear spite Broly loses to big G
Also clear spite, Aizen may be immortal but it doesn't stop him from getting stomped, and there is noting he could do to Superboy
Al vs Nightwing, I gotta give it to Al. Despite the fact that more anime characters win here, you clearly had spite against the strong characters and made sure they lost. Eitheer that or you know little about comics and/or anime.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,320 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@taichokage:
umm I innitially wanted to put Broly agaisnt Red Hulk but somebody told me that Galactus vs Broly would be more even . 
I also thought Aizen vs Superboy would be even because I thought he moved under light speed therefore a speed comparable to Aizen's.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Dream: The problem with hulk (In most fights) is his speed. Lucy can react much quicker then the hulk and her vectors could be on him in a second. You had said that Lucy's vectors had a problem blocking high powered objects which is correct, but their has never been an instance where they haven't been able to cut through something.
Even if we did decide that lucy's vectors couldn't cut through the hulk, you have to remember that she has the ability to phase them through solid objects and then re solidify them on the other side. She could simply phase into the hulks brain and start vibrating her vectors inside, which should kill the Hulk.

I also have to disagree with the Ed vs batman debate. While it's true that Ed has lost to more skilled opponents, both of the characters you listed are superhuman themselves. (Scar can stop the transmutation process at the break down phase, and Lan fan is a super martial artist (A martial artist that is above peak human) and she has automail.
Post by taichokage (12,443 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@mrassh0le: well he actually probably is close to galactus than rulk but there's still a huge difference. He's in between then in terms of power but is far closer to Rulk.
@taichokage:
Yea I am gonna change it to Broly vs RULK
Post by BattleHeiz (5,765 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@mrassh0le: No change it to Broly vs Siler Surfer or Captain Atom
Post by Dream (7,085 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@rein: Have any proof that hacking apart the Hulk's brain would be able to kill him? In any event, I'm assuming this is a battle where both foes have no knowledge of each other's abilities. In normal use of her vectors, Lucy uses them to hack apart her opponent and be done with it and doesn't often use them to attack the opponent's insides or toss objects her opponent's way. She's never made use of the ability to hack apart the opponent's insides against a mobile opponent. Depending on how smart this version of the Hulk is, he would be aware to not approach Lucy because of her vectors if he does get hacked apart and Lucy would very likely be unaware of the Hulk's regenerative abilities assuming she has the match in the bag.  Using just raw strength alone, Hulk could use his leg power to trigger a number of fissures to make the environment on the ground difficult for Lucy to stay on or make use of any objects in the vicinity as projectiles to toss Lucy's way forcing her on the defensive and making her vulnerable to attack. Lucy is nowhere as durable as the Hulk and if exposed to enough damage, it increases the difficulty of her capability to use the vectors.

As for Batman and Ed, the superhuman approach is still a moot point as Bruce has been able to take down such foes thanks to the combined use of his smarts, martial arts training and gadgets on hand. There are superhuman foes amongst Batman's gallery of foes such as Killer Crock, the Man-Bat, Poison Ivy, the Scarebeast form of the Scarecrow and Solomon Grundy.
@Dream:
So did Ed, he defeats Pride using flash bombs,defeats Sloth( the homunculi that looks like his mother) by transmutin her into moisture, transmuted Greed to destroy his armour,canceled out Scar's destruction alchemy and doesnt Bruce defeat those poeples with prep? 
This encounter is random. 
Also it is common sense that if you destroyed  his brain it would atleast knock him out.
@mrassh0le:  I don't think Ed has contended against modern tech like flashbang bombs, gas grenades, and a Bat-goo gun which Batman has in his arsenal and could use against Ed. As for Hulk, ask about that fact to rein who for some reason, thinks hacking apart the Hulk's brain would kill him.
@Dream said:

Have any proof that hacking apart the Hulk's brain would be able to kill him?

In any event, I'm assuming this is a battle where both foes have no knowledge of each other's abilities. In normal use of her vectors, Lucy uses them to hack apart her opponent and be done with it and doesn't often use them to attack the opponent's insides or toss objects her opponent's way

Lucy's preferred method of killing is disembowelment and decapitation. She tends to "Hack" when their is a large group, because it seems to be much more efficient against large numbers.  
  She's attacked people's organs multiple times, the reason she used to toss objects her opponent's way is because they would stay out of the original range of her vectors (4 Feet)
  This number grew exponentially throughout the series to the point that she didn't need to throw objects anymore

(some scans of her attacking organs etc)

Depending on how smart this version of the Hulk is, he would be aware to not approach Lucy because of her vectors if he does get hacked apart

It really doesn't matter if hulk try's to stay away from lucy, her range is much longer then his.

Lucy would very likely be unaware of the Hulk's regenerative abilities assuming she has the match in the bag

I have already demonstrated that Lucy kills in more ways then just hacking people apart, but even if we were to assume she did start at "Hacking" it would be hard to miss that her opponent isn't actually dieing from that. Lucy is smart, if slashing isn't defeating him she will simply switch tactics.  

Using just raw strength alone, Hulk could use his leg power to trigger a number of fissures to make the environment on the ground difficult for Lucy to stay on

Well, I can't say that lucy could replicate that feat using Raw strength, but her psychic energy was causing a massive typhoon and she was still able to control her vectors then. 

make use of any objects in the vicinity as projectiles to toss Lucy's way forcing her on the defensive and making her vulnerable to attack

What will the hulk make use of that she won't be able to block? She casually blocks waves of bullets all the time. Even as a distraction it won't work, she has an unknown amount of vectors and she moves each one individually.

Lucy is nowhere as durable as the Hulk and if exposed to enough damage, it increases the difficulty of her capability to use the vectors.

This I agree with. But don't make the mistake that she is base human either.

Please remember that, this was the cooldown phase (When she was calming down from genoicide mode) Lucy was already dead at this point, she was just making her final farewells.
But this fight definitely won't last long enough for it to need to get to that point. It's really a simple matter of Lucy destroying the brain, and while hulks GOOD regeneration feats are impressive, even at his best levels the loss of any major organ hurts him. 
Okay, that will convince me enough of brain killing. But it doesn't convince me of Lucy having victory. 

Lucy's preferred method of killing is disembowelment and decapitation. She tends to "Hack" when their is a large group, because it seems to be much more efficient against large numbers.  
  She's attacked people's organs multiple times, the reason she used to toss objects her opponent's way is because they would stay out of the original range of her vectors (4 Feet)
  This number grew exponentially throughout the series to the point that she didn't need to throw objects anymore.

The examples you provided of Lucy's disembowelment were against a non-moving target (Nana confronting Lucy, a guard in a blockade halting her escape). Against a mobile target, this would be difficult for Lucy to pull off. Of all I seen of Lucy between anime and manga, dismemberment or lobbing objects at foes has been Lucy's method of offing mobile foes.

It really doesn't matter if hulk try's to stay away from lucy, her range is much longer then his.

That's assuming she is actually manifesting that level of power for this battle which was never specified. The increase in Lucy's power and range of her vectors throughout the manga resulted from the mental trauma of her negative experiences with Kouta. The examples you provide of her healing of Kouta and her vectors reaching out of Earth's atmosphere came as the result of Kouta being gunned down by accident from Kurama and dying from the wound. Without that trauma, she can't manifest that amount of power. And even if she got to that point, the battle would only result in a draw as Lucy would eventually die from wearing out her body from making use of that level of power.

even if we were to assume she did start at "Hacking" it would be hard to miss that her opponent isn't actually dieing from that. Lucy is smart, if slashing isn't defeating him she will simply switch tactics. 

If you mean switching to disembowelment, this would be difficult for her to pull off against a mobile and aggressive opponent.

What will the hulk make use of that she won't be able to block? She casually blocks waves of bullets all the time.  

Only regular caliber bullets. High-caliber AP rounds and the poison spike balls gave her trouble. I also recall that the walls to the institution were made to endure attacks from the vectors of the diclonius as well.

Even as a distraction it won't work, she has an unknown amount of vectors and she moves each one individually. 

Lucy normally has to make use of multiple vectors to lift and toss larger, heavier objects. With Hulk lugging enough at Lucy, she would eventually run out of vectors to defend with if she is even able to fend against whatever is tossed her way considering the issues she has with fending against very dense objects.

The examples you provided of Lucy's disembowelment were against a non-moving target (Nana confronting Lucy, a guard in a blockade halting her escape). Against a mobile target, this would be difficult for Lucy to pull off. Of all I seen of Lucy between anime and manga, dismemberment or lobbing objects at foes has been Lucy's method of offing mobile foes.

I don't think it would be difficult for lucy to attack hulk's brain considering Lucy's reaction speed is far greater then the speed at which hulk can move and it's not as if she's aiming for a relatively small area like when she was grabbing Nana's veins.  

That's assuming she is actually manifesting that level of power for this battle which was never specified.

From my experience, it's normal to assume peak Canon versions for anime/manga characters if the OP hadn't specified something to the contrary. That may not be what the OP had in mind, we may need that to be specified. Until then however, I am under that assumption.

The increase in Lucy's power and range of her vectors throughout the manga resulted from the mental trauma of her negative experiences with Kouta. The examples you provide of her healing of Kouta and her vectors reaching out of Earth's atmosphere came as the result of Kouta being gunned down by accident from Kurama and dying from the wound. Without that trauma, she can't manifest that amount of power

While it's true that she did receive a major power up when Kouta died (Triggering Genocide mode) that does not mean that she hadn't improved naturally throughout the series.

(these scans are not in order, however it shows what i'm talking about without having to post 16+ scans to explain it. If you like, i can link to the pages.)

Lucy's was miles underground, and dug her was up to the surface. 

And even if she got to that point, the battle would only result in a draw as Lucy would eventually die from wearing out her body from making use of that level of power

She doesn't need the sheer power that genocide mode provides. She simply needs to have vectors long enough to reach hulk's brain.  The strain from something as simple as that is not going to kill her.

If you mean switching to disembowelment, this would be difficult for her to pull off against a mobile and aggressive opponent.

Hulk is mobile yes, but he doesn't move anywhere near fast enough to stop lucy from tagging him or make her miss his vital areas

Only regular caliber bullets. High-caliber AP rounds and the poison spike balls gave her trouble. I also recall that the walls to the institution were made to endure attacks from the vectors of the diclonius as well 

That's only if she's catching them, she still has the ability to cut them

Lucy normally has to make use of multiple vectors to lift and toss larger, heavier objects. With Hulk lugging enough at Lucy, she would eventually run out of vectors to defend with if she is even able to fend against whatever is tossed her way considering the issues she has with fending against very dense object

I still doubt this fight will last this long. But lucy has quite a few vectors and hulk can only throw one thing at a time. it's likely that him throwing objects is going to be more of a hinderance to the hulk then it is to lucy.

Hulk is mobile yes, but he doesn't move anywhere near fast enough to stop lucy from tagging him or make her miss his vital areas 

I don't think it would be difficult for lucy to attack hulk's brain considering Lucy's reaction speed is far greater then the speed at which hulk can move and it's not as if she's aiming for a relatively small area like when she was grabbing Nana's veins.

Then here's a question to pitch: how was Bandou, a man with reaction time and speed that are below par from Hulk's, able to evade Lucy's vectors during their final encounter with one another in the manga? If not for Mayu and the thug that attacked Mayu and Nana distracting him, he had Lucy twice in a position where he could kill her.

While it's true that she did receive a major power up when Kouta died (Triggering Genocide mode) that does not mean that she hadn't improved naturally throughout the series. 

That upgrade of power that she gained was the result of when one of the military goons that raided the Kaede House shot Kouta the first time resulting in the increase of her powers. In addition, her powers first activated in response to the kids at the orphanage killing her puppy. The ongoing increases seem more triggered by emotional trauma than natural progression.

That's only if she's catching them, she still has the ability to cut them  

I actually have to correct myself (and I guess you) on this. Later chapters of the manga show Lucy being able to shield herself from said high-caliber bullets (deflects them without much difficulty during her later fight with Bandou). Still, the vector defense isn't perfect as taking a bomb blast from Mariko's self-sacrifice knocked Lucy unconscious and shattered her horns while defending with the vectors. This convinces me that even Lucy's vectors have a limit to how much they can defend her from attack.
Post by judge (743 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@battleheiz said:

" @mrassh0le:
Batman vs Edward Elric  
Batman
Lucy(Elfen Lied) vs  WWHulk
Lucy stomps
Hitsuyaga and Gray vs Iceman 
Iceman stomps
Kenpaichi and King Bradley vs X-23 and Wolverine 
Kenpachi solo but not sure about kenpaichi XD and current wolverine is a demon(btw is it me or Marvel is trying to turn everyone into demons?? i mean first DD then wolverine and even some of avangers)
Broly vs Galactus 
Galactus could wipe out entire DBZ universe(even ultimate nullifier couldn't kill him)
Aizen vs Superboy(Kon-El) 
Superboy takes this
Alphonse vs Nightwing  
Alphonse stomps "

this but aizen takes superboy and ed has a decent chance against batman 

edit also hulk wins
Post by judge (743 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Dream:

spirt crush is still a factor with fighters from bleach
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I grow weary of these vain and lame attempts at comic victory. Mikuru steps in and kills them all with her Mikuru Beams.

Then here's a question to pitch: how was Bandou, a man with reaction time and speed that are below par from Hulk's, able to evade Lucy's vectors during their final encounter with one another in the manga? If not for Mayu and the thug that attacked Mayu and Nana distracting him, he had Lucy twice in a position where he could kill her.

This has always been something that puzzled me as well. When He had started the manga he had above human reaction speed but not to the level where he should be able to dodge something that moves faster then bullets. The only thing that comes to mind is that his cybernetics greatly improved his body to a point where he could react like that. To be fair, all of them were surprised that that was happening. (Lucy, Bandou, nana.)

That upgrade of power that she gained was the result of when one of the military goons that raided the Kaede House shot Kouta the first time resulting in the increase of her powers. In addition, her powers first activated in response to the kids at the orphanage killing her puppy. The ongoing increases seem more triggered by emotional trauma than natural progression.

It seems that with each new emotional trauma she gains access to new levels of power, but i don't think their was anything to imply that she loses that power once she calms down.
As for natural progression, from what i remember, the length of her vectors had increased from 4 feet to 8 feet naturally over the time skip and i don't think anything had happened over that period of time that implied she had suffered another trauma.

I actually have to correct myself (and I guess you) on this. Later chapters of the manga show Lucy being able to shield herself from said high-caliber bullets (deflects them without much difficulty during her later fight with Bandou). Still, the vector defense isn't perfect as taking a bomb blast from Mariko's self-sacrifice knocked Lucy unconscious and shattered her horns while defending with the vectors. This convinces me that even Lucy's vectors have a limit to how much they can defend her from attack. 

hadn't said anything about the high caliber bullets because your basic point had been correct. Their is a limit to how much force a vector can block. I don't think Lucy's limits were explained compared to the average diclonius, but she does stop at a certain amount of force. I doubt her vectors would be able to hold up long against the hulk, i believe that in this fight her best defensive is a good offense. (cliche i know...)
^^ I actually have to retract something i said in this post.  

but i don't think their was anything to imply that she loses that power once she calms down.

My memory seems to have failed me. She does return to her normal stats once she's calmed down however, it seems to take less to get her to her former state then it did the first time.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel