Anime Power Tiers.

Topic started by rein on Oct. 28, 2009. Last post by cfatalis 4 years, 8 months ago.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
After seeing A recent ranking of (imo idiotic) powerlevels by other sites, and because of all the one sided battles that often take place, i will be making a list, To put characters in certain categories and prevent Some ( I know, there will always be people who make stupid battles) Lopsided battles. 
* due to the easy understandability of comic book titles, i will be using those, but if anyone can think of some for anime, i would be more then happy to change the names*

Tier 1 Omnipotent or near omnipotent

Bobobobo, The Choushin (Tsunami, Tokimi, and Washu. TMU)  Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Anti-spiral. elder god demonbane,  STTGL, S-Anti-spiral, 
true-aristotele grail-king, satsujinki, akasha

Tier 2 Universal level

Haruhi Suzumiy,  Shin getter emperor, ideon , TTGL, Anti-spiral, cybuster 

Tier 3 galaxy level

Dark Schneider ( bastard!), Tenchi Masaki(Tmu) Z (TMU) 
Zinv

Tier 4 Solar system Level

Goku, Vegeta, Buu, Ryoko (tenchi muyo), belldandy (full release), Cell, EVA-0!(awakened), rahxephon(fully tuned), GENESIS GAO GAI GAR, mazinkaizer

Tier 5 Planet Level 

Frieza, Lain, Sasshi(magical shopping arcade), afroken, gunbuster, diebuster, zeorymer

Tier 6 country level

Dante (demon lord). Godannar, Doraemon,  Xenogear, turn-a

Tier 7 City level

Kenshiro (fist of the north star), Raoh (Fist of the north star), Kazuki Shikimori ( Maburaho), Naruto, Sasuke, Luffy (one piece), Loki (mythical detective loki), 
wargreymon (Digimon), metal garumon, Goku(kid) ,Hiei (YYH)  Deidara, tekkaman, most gundam

Tier 8 Street level

Kenshin himura( Samurai X) , Guts (berserk), Hajime saito ( Samurai X), Lucy (elfen lied), Spike Spiegel( CB Bebop), Edward Elric, Ban midou(GB), Shinji amino(GB) Inuyasha, Kei kurono. 
 Alucard (Hellsing), Afro samurai.

*if you want a character added to a list, simply post his name, and Where you think he/she/it should be, but if you feel that a character should be somewhere else please PM me) 

Abreviations 

YYH= yu yu hakushuo
Fotns= Fist of the north star
digi=digimon
op= one piece
dbz= dragon ball z
tmu = tenchi muyo universe 
Post by Dream (7,208 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The tiers need to be a bit more down to Earth in terms of power scale, like this sort of tier list.

Tier 0: God/Gods
Tier 1: Sub-Nigh Omnipotent
Tier 2: Three Quarter Cosmo people/ Universal level threat
Tier 3: Galaxy Level Threat
Tier 4: Planet Level Threat
Tier 5: Continental Level Threat
Tier 6: Country Level Threat
Tier 7: City Level Threat
Tier 8: 5 Block Level Threat
Tier 9: Pure Street Level Threat
@Dream said:
" The tiers need to be a bit more down to Earth in terms of power scale, like this sort of tier list. Tier 0: God/Gods Tier 1: Sub-Nigh Omnipotent Tier 2: Three Quarter Cosmo people/ Universal level threat Tier 3: Galaxy Level Threat Tier 4: Planet Level Threat Tier 5: Continental Level Threat Tier 6: Country Level Threat Tier 7: City Level Threat Tier 8: 5 Block Level Threat Tier 9: Pure Street Level Threat "
I made the Tiers a little more specific, and made a few more earth levels.
That's a bit better.

Hmm. I'd argue against Shinji and Lain being pure omnipotent. Lain's power is limited to a global scale and Shinji's nothing without an Eva making him a normal fellow. And last I recall, Ryoko's been described as capable of wiping out planets in the Tenchi Muyo OAV continuity. I'll throw in my weight for most of the tiers.

Tier 1: The Choushin (Tsunami, Tokimi, and Washu)- The creators of the entire Tenchi Muyo OAV multi-verse.

Tier 2: Haruhi Suzumiya- Reality warper on a universal scale.

Tier 3: Z (Tenchi Muyo)- Sliced apart the Earth effortlessly enough.

Tier 5: Sasshi (Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi)- Reality warper on planetary scale thanks to his otaku panderings.

Tier 6: Alucard (Hellsing)- The uber-vampire's body is one big horde of every soul he ever slaughtered.

Tier 7: Yukari in Yukari-mobile (Azumanga Daioh)- When both are together, folks in the city will be praying that they don't cross paths with Yukari's reckless driving. XD

Tier 8: Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)- The alchemic prodigy is still human.
Anyone else? Don't be shy XD
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Add Doraemon to level 6, he can alter the time space continuum accidentally when travelling time
@Nerx said:
" Add Doraemon to level 6, he can alter the time space continuum accidentally when travelling time "
Wouldn't that make him higher then Country level?
@rein: sure why not...

Put Afroken to Planet , this thing has unspecified reality-warping/omnipresent powers... once became the rising sun

I still think you're overestimating Eva-01, rein. Worst I seen of it was tearing apart the planet-sized Lilith-Rei fused being in End of Eva. I'd say at most, Shinji in Eva-01 is a Tier 5. Same goes for Fully-Tuned RahXephon. It's reality warping power only affected Earth.

But if it's mecha you want on a god-like power scale, then Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and the Anti-Spiral would fit the bill with both their powers being able to tear holes into multiple dimensions and TTGL being even larger than than the Milky Way galaxy in diameter.
@Dream said:
" I still think you're overestimating Eva-01, rein. Worst I seen of it was tearing apart the planet-sized Lilith-Rei fused being in End of Eva. I'd say at most, Shinji in Eva-01 is a Tier 5. Same goes for Fully-Tuned RahXephon. It's reality warping power only affected Earth.  But if it's mecha you want on a god-like power scale, then Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and the Anti-Spiral would fit the bill with both their powers being able to tear holes into multiple dimensions and TTGL being even larger than than the Milky Way galaxy in diameter. "
Sorry i never read the manga, i was going of the anime, where shinji basically rewrites reality, as for Rahxephon, i'm not sure, i head heard someone say that it was omnipotent.
Hao should be in either 1,2 or 3 since he is God at the end of the manga
Post by Jack_attack (71 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@rein said:
" @Dream said:
" I still think you're overestimating Eva-01, rein. Worst I seen of it was tearing apart the planet-sized Lilith-Rei fused being in End of Eva. I'd say at most, Shinji in Eva-01 is a Tier 5. Same goes for Fully-Tuned RahXephon. It's reality warping power only affected Earth.  But if it's mecha you want on a god-like power scale, then Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and the Anti-Spiral would fit the bill with both their powers being able to tear holes into multiple dimensions and TTGL being even larger than than the Milky Way galaxy in diameter. "
Sorry i never read the manga, i was going of the anime, where shinji basically rewrites reality, as for Rahxephon, i'm not sure, i head heard someone say that it was omnipotent. "
gonna,gonna ask you a question, how is goku a solar system level, or cell
@Jack_attack said:
" @rein said:
" @Dream said:
Sorry i never read the manga, i was going of the anime, where shinji basically rewrites reality, as for Rahxephon, i'm not sure, i head heard someone say that it was omnipotent. "
gonna,gonna ask you a question, how is goku a solar system level, or cell "
Are you saying he's above solar system level?
@rein said:
" @Jack_attack said:
" @rein said:
" @Dream said:
Are you saying he's above solar system level? "
no he should be below, planet at MAX, country on a normal day.
@Jack_attack said:
" @rein said:
" @Jack_attack said:
" @rein said:
" @Dream said:
no he should be below, planet at MAX, country on a normal day. "
Frieza already destroyed a planet, and he was much weaker then cell or Goku. I am taking cell at his word, when he said he could destroy a solar system with his energy attacks.
@rein said:
" @Jack_attack said:
" @rein said:
" @Jack_attack said:
" @rein said:
" @Dream said:
Frieza already destroyed a planet, and he was much weaker then cell or Goku. I am taking cell at his word, when he said he could destroy a solar system with his energy attacks. "
yet he showed nothing on that kind of power in the entire saga, and frieza blew up the core, not the planet, the planet blew itself up.
@Jack_attack said:
" @rein said:
" @Jack_attack said:
" @rein said:
" @Jack_attack said:
" @rein said:
" @Dream said:
Frieza already destroyed a planet, and he was much weaker then cell or Goku. I am taking cell at his word, when he said he could destroy a solar system with his energy attacks. "
yet he showed nothing on that kind of power in the entire saga, and frieza blew up the core, not the planet, the planet blew itself up. "
actually i was referring to when he destroyed planet vegeta, he did that using only his energy attack (not attacking the core like he did in the battle between himself and goku.)
@rein said:
" @Dream said:
I'm not talking about the Eva manga. I'm talking about the anime. Where the heck are you getting the idea that he has reality warping power? As for RahXephon, it was never omnipotent.
@Dream said:

" @rein said:

" @Dream said:
I'm not talking about the Eva manga. I'm talking about the anime. Where the heck are you getting the idea that he has reality warping power? As for RahXephon, it was never omnipotent. "
This scene is what made me think that shinji is a Reality warper,  
  as for rahxephon, i haven't watched it completely, but someone on these forms said that a  "fully tuned Rah xephon was omnipotent"
@rein said:
" @Jack_attack said:
" @rein said:
" @Jack_attack said:
" @rein said:
" @Jack_attack said:
" @rein said:
" @Dream said:
yet he showed nothing on that kind of power in the entire saga, and frieza blew up the core, not the planet, the planet blew itself up. "
actually i was referring to when he destroyed planet vegeta, he did that using only his energy attack (not attacking the core like he did in the battle between himself and goku.) "
movies are not canon man
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel