Anime Battle Tournament Matches Thread

Topic started by Dream on April 19, 2012. Last post by SpeedForceSpider 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,735 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I figured I would set this thread up now since I'm still in the middle of trying to figure out matches and have fighters already situated into their brackets. In any case, I'll explain how this tournament will work out. 
  • With 48 characters involved, 16 fighters will be divided into three different brackets each and I will have two matches with two characters against one another every three days where Vice members vote on which character they believe will win in said match. Whichever character has the most votes after three days will advance in the next round. The final round of the tournament will have the winners of each bracket taking on one another in a three-way match.
  • Each match will take place on a different battle area coming from any of the franchises involved in this tournament thus battle environment should be accounted for whichever location the characters fight in.
  • Voters must provide reasons as to why they will vote for said character or else I won't count their vote.
  • No flaming or spamming of any sort will be tolerated in this thread. Repeat offenses from anyone posting in this thread will result in them being banned from future participation in this tournament.
  • Characters in these matches will always be in-character with battles fought either to death or knockout. Any form of battlefield removal will not be allowed from any characters that have such an ability. In addition, any restrictions for character abilities and attributes will be listed in the bracket listing posted below. Otherwise, assume that the characters are fighting at their strongest level from their respective franchise for this match.
  • Any questions on tournament rules or character abilities are allowed to be posted in this thread.

Now that we have all this out of the way, let me show off who will be in each bracket of this tournament and any restrictions the character will have.

Bracket 1

1. Sanji (One Piece)
  2. Teresa (Claymore)
  3. Coco (Toriko)
  4. Gen Shishio (Kekkaishi)
  5. Lin-Greed (Fullmetal Alchemist)
  6. Gaara (Naruto)
  7. Recca Hanabishi (Flame of Recca)
  8. Hatake Kakashi (Naruto)- Can only use Kamui for removal of body parts.
  9. Bunshichi Taware (Tenjho Tenge)
  10. Hisoka (Hunter x Hunter)
  11. Shichika Yasuri (Katanagatari)
  12. Takeshi Yamamoto (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)
  13. Link (Legend of Zelda)- Majora's Mask version, form will vary depending on match scenario.
  14. Machine Banchou (Kongou Banchou)
  15. Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
  16. Yoshina Ageha (Psyren)- Can only use Black Nova mode if he is desperate.

Bracket 2

1. Yusuke Urameshi (Yuyu Hakusho)- Dark Tournament arc stats.
  2. Walter Domez (Hellsing)- Vampire form.
  3. Selim “Pride” Bradley (Fullmetal Alchemist)
  4. Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
  5. Afro Samurai (Afro Samurai)
  6. Toriko (Toriko)
  7. Mewtwo (Pokemon)
  8. Sani (Toriko)
  9. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  10. Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)- Can go up to Nine Tails Chakra mode without power upgrade from the Kyuubi.
  11. Joseph Joestar (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
  12. Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara)
  13. Kenichi Shirahama (History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi)
  14. Zack Fair (Final Fantasy)
  15. Gon Freecss (Hunter x Hunter)
  16. Kazuma (s-CRY-ed)- Shell Bullet form only.

Bracket 3

1. Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
  2. Trafalgar Law (One Piece)
  3. Zebura (Toriko)
  4. Rock Lee (Naruto)- Can only use Gates if desperate.
  5. Xanxus (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)
  6. Alexander Anderson (Hellsing)- Can only use Helena's Nail if desperate.
  7. Goku (Dragon Ball)- Piccolo Daimao saga stats.
  8. Hiko Seijuro (Rurouni Kenshin)
  9. King Bradley (Fullmetal Alchemist)
  10. Inuyasha (Inuyasha)- No Meidou form for Tetsusaiga allowed.
  11. Yoh Asakura (Shaman King)
  12. Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
  13. Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)
  14. Yujiro Hanma (Baki the Grappler)
  15. Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)- Stats from Arrancar arc, allowed to use Hollow Mask.
  16. Yagami Kazuma (Kaze no Stigma)- Can only use Contractor mode if desperate.

I will have matches prepared either by tomorrow or Saturday. In the mean time, feel free to discuss the bracket arrangements.

Just got done setting up matches. So I guess we can get started on the first pair of matches to be voted on.

Match #1: Kenshin Himura vs Shichika Yasuri
Battle Area: Father's Throne Room (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Match #2: Gaara vs Machine Banchou
Battle Area: Witch's Maw (Claymore)

Voting will go on until Monday. Have fun voting!
Post by othus12 (6,984 posts) See mini bio Level 13

shichika yasuri beats kenshin easily

2nd: my vote goes to gaara!

Post by FormerCrimsonKing (4,446 posts) See mini bio Level 15

1st Vote goes to shichika

vote 2 goes to banchou

And here I was thinking of calling this idea dead.

@othus12: @FormerCrimsonKing: Can you give reasons for your votes?
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Shichika is too fast for Kenshin and should be able to break his sword.

My next vote is to Gaara.

Post by FalconC2 (379 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Dream: I put in my vote for Machine Banchou, and Shichika.

I think Machine Banchou would win because he has the strength advantage. He could overpower several other Banchou at once; Gouriki Banchou, Nenbutsu Banchou, Hikyou Banchou, and Iai Banchou. And, none of them are pushovers either. Gouriki, for instance, is ridiculously strong and can toss giant prehistoric sharks like they are nothing.

Talk about extreme fishing. Anyway, if he could overpower her along with the other three I think Machine Banchou has this in the bag.

As for Shichika, his feats of strength and speed impressed me more than Kenshin's did. He also split a small castle in half in the last episode.

shichika managed to beat opponents that had speed no one in the kenshin verse could ever hope for, also we have seen him dodging bullets with ease and breaking swords bare handed. shichika would even be able to block amakakeru ryu no hirameki.

I guess I'll have to see how much attention this tourney gets. If I don't get many visitors after a few more matches, I guess I'll call this another dead idea.

Any way, Shichika manages to beat Kenshin based on votes and the second match comes down to a tie so I'll have to decide for myself who I would think wins the match and based on Banchou's feats, I'll have to give him a win considering it looks like he would have the power to break through Gaara's defenses and any sand attacks the ninja attempts to entrap him in, on top of having the ability to fly to make things more difficult for Gaara to effectively land his sand attacks. So Shichika and Machine Banchou will face one another in the next round.

Here are the next matches:

Match #1: Teresa vs Bunshichi Tawara

Battle Area: Jolly Roger (One Piece)

Match #2: Gen Shishio vs Coco

Battle Area: Meteor City (Hunter x Hunter)

To make this accessible to anyone who hasn't voted in the prior match, I'll let voting run until 48 hours after the last vote. Otherwise, have fun!

Post by Sonata (35,424 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Dream: In the first match I am leaning towards Teresa, due to greater combat speed.

1.-teresa wins because of her speed

2.- coco wins, his poison is so great that it rivaled that of the lethal current "poison tide" which no living being has managed yet to cross it, that pretty much sums it.

@othus12 said:

1.-teresa wins because of her speed

2.- coco wins, his poison is so great that it rivaled that of the lethal current "poison tide" which no living being has managed yet to cross it, that pretty much sums it.

Pretty much this.

Post by SensitivePsych0 (84 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Really wish this thread hadn't died

@SensitivePsych0: Me too D:

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel