Amaterasu (Okami) vs Homunculi (FMAB)

Topic started by ImDictatorBowDown on Aug. 29, 2014. Last post by ImDictatorBowDown 1 month, 3 weeks ago.
Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,137 posts) See mini bio Level 13
The Homunculus - The Seven Deadly Sins
The Homunculus - The Seven Deadly Sins

Does she clear, if not, how far does the Japanese sun god get?

• Ammy at full power
  • IC
  • knowledge for both sides

R1. one on one

R2. All at once

Setting: New York

Post by IndridCold (1,385 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Amaterasu can slow down time and then bomb them or cut them up. Either that, or use inferno, blizzard, or thunderstorm.

Also, I know she can create stars, but she doesn't use those offensively. I do know that Amaterasu is hax enough to beat these guys probably.

Well she DID technically spin a galaxy too, but that's really an outlier

Post by CosmicKnight75 (720 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Ammy has this, I know you cant actually use it as a weapon, but she can just draw the sun and have them all go down the way Lust went. Man it's been a while since I placed Okami

Post by Saladking (1,006 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Amaterasu can stop time and spin galaxies like pinwheels flinging stars around at MFTL speed so I'll go with her.

Post by GeneralVan (2,032 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Isn't Amaterasu galaxy level?
Post by taichokage (14,252 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Woah. Amaterasu can solo FMA verse 1000x over. That is excluding the Truth who is stronger by statements.

You guys are blowing the galaxy feat out of proportion, the celestial brush allows Ammy to reality warp the celestial plain, yeah, but it really doesn't help her in a fight at all, her winds in combat are comparable to maybe a hurricane and her power slash at first couldn't even cut Iron (it was upgraded to cut Diamond later but you get the point).

Not to mention that Shiranui was on the verge of death from a mere boulder landing on her

skip to 23:38 to see the actual galaxy feat

@GeneralVan said:

Isn't Amaterasu galaxy level?

Galaxy level's quite a stretch even though she can affect them as stated, Star level's about right considering she can instantly reality warp a sun of nearly any size.

@CosmicKnight75: She's never used a star for combat though, not once. You have to realize that at the point in time that these legends the game is loosely based off of were made, they had little understanding of astronomy.

@ImDictatorBowDown: I just said earlier that I know she doesnt use the sun as a weapon but that can be brushed off as game mechanics, there's simply no reason to say she cant draw a miniature version on the battle field thats just big enough to incinerate all of the homunculi.

@CosmicKnight75: If her sun acted as a real star sure, it'd incinerate the entire planet, but if she were capable of doing that case then she'd have no problem looking for fire sources throughout the game at all, her sun simply doesn't function the same. Also keep in mind that this fight is IC so she still wouldn't do that even if she could, rather she'd fight the way portrayed in the game, with a divine instrument. Still based on responses she still wins even without going out of character, so I guess the point I'm trying to make is moot huh?

@ImDictatorBowDown: Still going with game mechanics even on that like how Ammy cant cut certain walls and the background that she should on theory slice through like a hot knife on butter. if we could do everything we technically should be able to do, the game wouldnt be a challenge. Also drawing a miniature sun isnt too far away from her fighting style, since she fights with a combination of divine instruments mixed with uses of the Celestial Brush anyway, were just restricted to the techniques given for the aforementioned reason. Sun is one of her techniques, and she can create one whenever and however she wishes.

@CosmicKnight75: Completely different, I understand what you mean when you say the power slash not cutting through things it obviously should be able to cut through, but the Sun was literally never used as a means of attack, she has zero feats using it to incinerate even the lowliest imp any statement saying that she could do such a thing is mere speculation. Assuming she could do such a feat, Ammy would not survive it considering that fire and Lava have been explicitly stated multiple times to harm her, low superhumans with blades give her trouble, these aren't game mechanics, these literally tie into the story.

@ImDictatorBowDown: Oh I know an attack like that can kill her, hence a miniature star on the battlefield to incinerate just the homunculi which im still convince she should do. Instantly materializing a sun with all the energy to light the planet and provide the same heat as a normal sun is all the proof there is for the Goddess of the Sun

@CosmicKnight75: If you heated a point the size of a pin head to the temperature of the sun, it would vaporize almost everything for several miles, Amaterasu would have to start VERY far away from the city to use what you are saying effectively. And I still don't think her star is like that of a real star, in this fiction a fish swallowed the reflection of the moon, causing an entire constellation to disappear in the sky, is this fish now solar system level? I think not.

On a side note: Ammy is a glass cannon, in her prime she was dealt a fatal injury from a simple boulder not much larger than a car.

I honestly don't know why we are even debating this to be honest lol, we both agree that Ammy wins, I just saw this as more of a fight given her showings in the game (the game deviates from the original myths so much that she isn't really a good portrayal of the sun god in the first place and in essence is an entirely independent entity from the legends.)

You can still disagree if you want, it makes no difference, Ammy wins here.

@ImDictatorBowDown: As you have proven yourself, it's reality warping that likely creates his own laws that cant be applied to real life. Anyway yeah lets both agree that Ammy wins anyway :P As for the miniature sun thing, I also meant in heat too, like the sun that Father held in his hands via nuclear fusion. My argument this entire time is that if Ammy can replicate the actual sun in both heat and size, she can do so on a smaller scale. I guess I should have explained that better.

@CosmicKnight75: nice debating, though we did get a littl off point

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel