Alucard vs Vampire hunter D

Topic started by shonen on March 30, 2009. Last post by CerusSerenade 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by KadenLynch (9 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I never said no one has tried but he has not encountered anything that can negate it. Also, D has not encountered everything before. Neither one can claim to have ultimate healing or the ability to completely negate healing. Both can only claim anything have experienced thus far.  Once again, lack of evidence doesn't work for either one. D has not encountered every single thing, nor has Alucard so there is lack of evidence no matter what.

As far as the Noble's healing,  I'm going off your quote of "  It wouldn't heal for at least a year". 

As for Schrodinger. He was blinked out of existence and STILL is able to come back. Issue 9(I'm pretty sure) of the manga, he absorbs Schrodinger unknowingly and fades from all existence because since Schrodinger no longer has understanding of himself, Alucard no longer does. Even through blinking for existence, he comes back with the powers of Schrodinger. i do not recall making any reference to time travel so I have no idea where that has come from.  

Since it cannot be established the extent of D's ability to negate regeneration against Alucard's ability to reform. Therefore it cannot be successfully argued that D can ignore Alucard's healing, no matter how much you want to argue for or against it as they have never encountered each others powers. Ones similar, but not each other.  
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I've read and watched Hellsing. No one in the entire series has actually tried to stop Alucard's ability to regenerate, which means there is absolutely no evidence to suggest he can prevent it from happening. The closest thing is exposing the vapires main weaknesses, which includes silver and holy objects. Neither of these things work on Nobility in VHD. Basically, again, you're trying to use a lack of evidence to suggest Alucard can't have his regen negated. That's not how debates work. You need to actually prove it. You need to supply evidence from the series to support the claim. Otherwise the entire argument is completely bunk.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,732 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@ReiKai said:
That's not how debates work. You need to actually prove it. You need to supply evidence from the series to support the claim. Otherwise the entire argument is completely bunk. "
No, actually you made the claim "D can neg any regen" the burden of proof falls squarely on you.
Care to comment on any other of my points? 

If you have read and watched Hellsing, you will know that Tubalcain's cards were able to keep Alucard's wounds open so he was bleeding, and remove his limbs. He was able to reform his body regardless of these wounds.
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @ReiKai said:
That's not how debates work. You need to actually prove it. You need to supply evidence from the series to support the claim. Otherwise the entire argument is completely bunk. "
No, actually you made the claim "D can neg any regen" the burden of proof falls squarely on you. "
The only thing I've seen proved is slowed regen.
@KadenLynch: Ya he slows down regeneration. The way Alucard comes back over and over is completely different then anything D has ever negated. Alucards regen isn't really like a regen at all, first he keeps coming back to life based on surplus of souls (D cannot negate this, the only was to stop this is to kill all the souls) then after Shrodinger he gets hax quantum based "return from the dead" powers, again something D cannot simply negate.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwCtyX3MCPY&feature=related 

I would like to present this video as reference to Alucard's ability to deal with not only healing, but healing from wounds caused by weapons that seemingly negate healing (Note the cut on his cheek and the mass pool of blood on the roof). During the fight, Alucard is cut in half a couple times by these cards, loses his hand to one of them which he regrows seconds later, and seemingly is able to ignore anything caused by the card when he concentrates.
Post by Kalewi (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Well Alucard wants to get killed by human so he wouldn't give mercy to D. D would realise that Alucard is very strong and wants to finish fight as fast as possible. D can be killed by hitting wooden stake in his heart. Alucard can be killed that way too if he wouldn't regenerate in mere seconds. D can negate any kind of regeneration so both of them in this fight are mortal. Alucard ain't actually very fast where D can move faster than eye can see. It seems almost that D can teleport. They both are very strong but Alucard is stronger because we have seen him ripping people in shreds with bare hands.  Alucard's guns sure have devastating power but they are useless against D's speed. D can cut groups of mutants in half with his sword. D's swordmanship+speed= 100000 pieces of Alucard. But Alucard is actually army of 2 000 000 people or more. That would make fight  harder for D. D can't know about that so Alucard could produce that army of his. But even then D could find Alucard from the masses of enemies with his speed and senses and cut him in pieces. These are some sort of facts. And if we think that D couldn't negate Alucard's regeneration( actually it ain't regeneration, he has about 2 000 000 lives) he couldn't win. But if Alucard produces that army then he can be killed with wooden stake.

My opinion is that fight between D and Alucard is the same as tennis match against wall.  I have read and watched all stuff about VHD and Hellsing. I like them both as much. But my neutral vote based on facts would go to D.
Kalewi, you have to keep in mind that now Alucard and just think that he is alright and he is alright. I still don't believe D can negate Alucard's ability regen, since as far as I understand in this debate is that it only has the ability to slow down healing. Though it may be a drastic reduction, Alucard has shown his ability to deal with anti-regen weapons. At he end of the manga, to my understanding he kills all the souls he consumed and left only Schrodinger so that the cat is the only other soul inside Alucard (I could have misunderstood the ending). I really think this is a battle of the unstoppable force which in this case would be D, against the immovable object which would be Alucard. 
@hitsusatsu11 said:
"No, actually you made the claim "D can neg any regen" the burden of proof falls squarely on you. "
And I have proven it, time and again, with multiple instances of D negging regen on multiple creatures and lifeforms. Again, ignoring these facts doesn't make them void.

@KadenLynch said:
" Care to comment on any other of my points?  If you have read and watched Hellsing, you will know that Tubalcain's cards were able to keep Alucard's wounds open so he was bleeding, and remove his limbs. He was able to reform his body regardless of these wounds. "
A bunch of former SAS turned ghouls did that to Alucard with machine guns. What's your point? None of that was designed nor possessed the specific ability to negate regenerative functions. Normal physical wounds are pointless on Alucard, plus you forget that 90% of the time Alucard is just dicking around with everyone. He lets himself get hit by those attacks because the damage is superficial. He's just a watered down version of Jedah from Darkstalkers. Unfortunately for you guys the wounds D inflicts are not normal in any sense of the word.

Vampire Hunter D Vol.14 "Dark Road Prt1&2" Page 194

The exoskeleton was equipped with automatic repair circuits. They would work to restore not only the armor, but also the person using it.
D's sword had narrowly missed Roland's heart, instead piercing his right lung clean through to his back. The laws of physics said it was impossible to penetrate the armor, yet the swordsman had come to within a fraction of an inch of skewering the man within it -- thanks to his peerless skill with a blade. What's more, Roland's cellular tissue wouldn't knit back together. An injury from an ordinary sword or spear -- or even from a bullet -- could be healed by the ageless and immortal flesh of the Nobility in the blink of an eye, with the wound closing immediately. Even nerve-cell damage that human beings never recovered from could be repaired by an ability on par with the mythical Hydra. It wasn't a special sword. And this hadn't been some bizarre sword technique that could bend three-dimensional space. It was just an ordinary thrust. And yet, the ravaged cells gave the duke searing pain, and the lifeblood gushing out required immediate medical attention.

Anything else you have to say would be completely useless.
Did you even watch the video? 

I'm not denying the fact that D has all these abilities that you say he as but I feel as if you are going on blind faith for him. Yes, he can wound Alucard but Alucard has to believe he's ok, and he is. It has nothing to do with regeneration anymore. He is working outside the laws of the world and can simply will himself to be healthy. It seems his sword just stops cellular regeneration but I highly doubt that is the way in which Alucard regenerates. 

Hell I think without Schrodinger's powers, Alucard would still reform his body. You can quote the book as much as you want but the point still stand that Alucard has healed from wounds that are supposed to not be healed from and now has the ability to will himself to be ok, it's not a matter of regeneration.
@KadenLynch: Since you are new to the site I will give you a heads up. When Reikai is arguing about his favorite characters there is simply no reasoning with him.
@hitsusatsu11:  Haha thanks for the heads up, I like to debate things with people especially when it's something like this. I'm curious for his response. i do enjoy how he ignores half of what I post, or replies to it and says something nonsensical. I may just stop soon because this is going nowhere.
Post by wcronusw (10 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I'm going to say vanpire hunter.
Most of what you post is pure speculative garbage. Allow me to demonstrate;

@kadenLynch said:

Yes, he can wound Alucard but Alucard has to believe he's ok, and he is. It has nothing to do with regeneration anymore. He is working outside the laws of the world and can simply will himself to be healthy. It seems his sword just stops cellular regeneration but I highly doubt that is the way in which Alucard regenerates.

Unproven speculation based on nothing. D stopped Roland's regen. He's done far more. All that was was an example of what D can do. You guys have provided nothing for Alucard. And you seemed to outright ignore the bit where it said;

The laws of physics said it was impossible to penetrate the armor, yet the swordsman had come to within a fraction of an inch of skewering the man within it

Outside the world? D breaks the laws of physics with a 'normal' attack. He's busted out of a sealed dimension. He pierces tears in space and closes them. He returned an area of space that was being expanded infinitely and brought it down to a finite spectrum so he could get people out of the Sacred Ancestor's lab, which can nuke a continent with the push of a button and has enough energy pumping into it to obliterate a planet or two.

You can quote the book as much as you want but the point still stand that Alucard has healed from wounds that are supposed to not be healed from

That is just complete horseshit right there. He turns to blood and reforms his body. No one cares. It's not the same as outright regeneration. We've had vamps who turn into mist and an entire corp of warriors whose bodies are completely comprised of water, and D has killed them all regardless of their forms, with just that sword. And hell That's just a normal sword. The only time D ever had a sword that was as super-human as he is was in "The Rose Princess" and that was only for durability's sake. Even without that he's already casually cut through materials stated as near and/or indestructible.

What you have is a load of crap. You're not even giving scans, nothing that states the things you claim. Unlike you, I can quote the source material and give accurate references. What you've done, is spout nonsense in the hopes that people will be too tired from all this to have the presence of mind to dismiss it as the hyperbole it is. Throwing in a movie clip of Alucard turning into a blood mass doesn't prove anything of what you're claiming. And that certainly doesn't save him from D, who has already quite easily destroyed beings who possess liquid and/or insubstantial forms.
Roland's cellular tissue wouldn't knit back together." 
The cellular regeneration is based of what you quoted so don't give me shit for that. 

" Unproven speculation based on nothing." No not really. When Schrodinger is shot in the face by one of the Vatican, he wills himself back to the Major and is completely fine. 

What the hell are you talking about proof? I linked a video of Alucard against Tubalcaine, in which Alucard admits that he just keeps bleeding due to the magical cards being thrown at him. Like I said, you are just ignoring certain things I am saying outright. 

" He turns to blood and reforms his body. No one cares. It's not the same as outright regeneration" He doesn't turn to blood and reform his body. First time he fights Anderson he gets his arms cut off and they just reform. No blood, they just reform. 

"The fact it wouldn't heal at all until a given period of time proves the negation." I'm pretty sure thats what regeneration is. If he is still able to heal after a while, it is not negation. 

All that stuff about him and the area of space is nice and all but the only thing I'm trying to argue with you is the fact that D has no means in which to kill Alucard. Ok, D has broken the laws of physics. Good for him. I'm pretty sure turning your body into a mass of blood, summoning dogs and making your hand appear out of the dogs mouth break the laws of physics and reality but they still happen. 

You are absolutely daft. The video was to show that even against a weapon that is meant to ignore his healing, he can still get past it. I believe I have said that twice thus far and you have made no mention of it. I have made no claims to say that D is unable to defeat liquid of insubstantial forms. I ask that you stop ignoring things that I am saying so that we can have a proper conversation 

You have not yet addressed Alucard's ability to bring himself back into existence after he has been erased. You are even saying two different things in regards to D's anti-regeneration, sometimes saying it slows it down, and for some reason that it negates it entirely based on that quote. If the wound can regenerate "AT ALL", it is NOT NEGATION! I say that again NOT NEGATION. It just SLOWS regeneration.
Post by AwesomeMeow (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Present incarnation of Alucard doesn't regenerate. He just reappears, so no matter what D does Alucard won't die while D can.
But if we're using before Alucard, then he could just transform into shadow matter to heal himself (Also, I think Alucard doesn't heal, when he is hurt his familiars are the ones doing the healing or dying so 2 million healing + himself is hard to slow down, not sure about this though). Whatever D does to the shadow matter, Alucard can just go back to his physical form again. He also has absorbed many strong people who have turned into his familiars furthermore accelerating his healing powers as well as giving him the ability to use their abilities...like this persons: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHBEgIXSxB8
Being able to shoot an infinite amount of homing bullets faster than jets and missiles meaning near hyper mach speeds.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@KaiokenKid:
@ReiKai:
ROFLol  XD 

The Sacred Ancestor nailed 10million women in one night, at the same time.    
yes folk, and I can tell you how he did it, just watch our whole video and I garantee you won't be dissapointed:

brought to you by the good people of CatsleVainia, personaly tested by the count himself. 

PS: not garanteed to reach ten million, but you can try.
Post by Rich121 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2
well since D is the son of Dracula is this not father vs son battle.  
 Alucard can be killed if he destroys his coffin and disposes of the dirt of his birth place if  the vampire can not rest they become very weak .  the Hellsing OVA also notes at that vampires do not do good with flowing water, i believe D can swim and is not effected by water in that way.  D's sword was hinted at possibly being the sword of Dracula with special ability to kill vampires do not know how it stacks up against silver bullets with explosive rounds though. (since some one brought in psychics ill bring in some basic gun knowledge silver bullets do not work since they are harder then lead and will not fit in rifling groves since they do not expand and would be horribly inaccurate. since D is also the son of Dracula he inherits his magical abilities making him a match for Alucards magical ones plus the symbiotic hand thing. Alucard was also defeated by a human and is controlled by integra who controls his allowance for power out put with the magic. 
 D cannot die unless you kill him and his hand because his symbiotic hand has the ability to revive him from eating other creatures and flowing the life force into D reviving him.   Alucard keeps hinting at that he is not immortal so their is a way to kill no one know how to for sure. they have only been able to incapacitate him  so far by draining all the blood from him and keeping out of his coffin till he was pretty much dead until revived by integra. 
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Rich121 said:
   D cannot die unless you kill him and his hand "
sorry but I ROFLoled  on this so hard, I know what you were trying to say, but you phrased it in a funny way accidentally.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel