Alucard vs Vampire hunter D

Topic started by shonen on March 30, 2009. Last post by CerusSerenade 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9

vs

Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I dont know to much about D but im gonna go with Alucard
Post by Shinichi_Akiyama (10 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Alucard, hands down. He can attack, reform, has silver bullets, and basically nothing can kill him. D, however, is only a Dhamphir, and can be killed with a stake through the heart, and his only truly unique power is his mystic hand, which Alucard could easily destroy.
Post by Sonata (35,509 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Alucard Curbstomp!!
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Alucard no question.
Post by e_b_c (69 posts) See mini bio Level 5
allucard you can't beat what wont die
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Doubting Alucard is just as same as doubting your dad, on a battle... less info on the other guy though
Post by Galamoth (17 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I don't think D would go down as quickly as some of you say, even if Alucard truly does have that much of an upper hand against him. Problem is, I just don't know enough about Alucard to make a fair judgment.

One thing is for sure, it would definitely be an epic battle...

Tell us more about the hunter
Tell us more about the hunter ...

Wait you ACTUALLY suggest that a half-breed candy boy can even graze the Almighty ?

Yes, but he is the son of the "Almighty", far from a average Dhampir. And his left hand is not to be underestimated.

The problem here is these two characters come from two different universes, where Vampires have different weaknesses. Someone mentioned earlier that Alucard has silver bullets, this is meaningless because to my knowledge silver has no effect on Vampires in D's world.

I've been watching a few episodes of Hellsing on youtube, trying to learn about Alucard, haven't learned much. I looked him up on wikipedia, they list his abilities of course, but not the weaknesses. Surely he must have one or two? I'm mean he is a Vampire after all. I saw an episode were this crazy Bishop guy with blessed swords was stabbing Alucard, and it looked to me like he was being defeated fairly easily. D's sword isn't blessed though, and he may carry silver with him, but I've never seen him use it. The stakes he carries are made of wood.

Thx Galamoth, but Alucard recently has the power of  Omnipresence, that might be hard to  beat
What do you mean by recently? Because in that episode where he was defeated by that Catholic guy he really could of used it.

I'm not saying D would definitely win here,but I think he stands a chance, and I just think you guys are seriously underestimating the Vampire Hunter and his mad skills, the fight would not be decided quickly. I don't know if guys are aware of this, but the anime adaptations of D are quite a bit different than the novels, and he has encountered this weird shadow form of Dracula on a few occasions. The descriptions of the powers that Dracula uses in those pages are similar to those I've read about Alucard. In book 2, D wards off Dracula's darkness/omnipresence with his mind by taking the prescence forming it the image of Dracula and then focuses all his physical and mental energy into his sword so he can strike it. After that the prescence takes off. I'm guessing that eventually D will have to face the real Dracula when the sreies comes to a close, and his true form would probably be much more powerful than that, if they plan on making the story interesting that is. But I guess I really can't bring that stuff into this since it has to be the anime inarnation of the character...

But if you remember the climax of the the Bloodlust film, when D is being attacked by the spirit of Carmilla, she seemed to be really pwerful. Then D goes into Vampire mode and makes this Tetsuo-esque psychic wave that engulfs the entire area in darkness and nulifys all her lighting and wind stuff. Then he stabs her prescence of course and absorbs her spirit with the Left Hand. Then in the original film from the 80's, when D is getting thrown around by Magnus Lee's telekinesis, he also over powers that with his Vampire form. It's not like he hasn't delt with Vampires that have crazier powers than him.

The only thing that makes me think D could never hope to ever possibly win is that his weapons aren't  blessed or made of silver. And I guess if you destroy Alucard's heart, nothing will happen?

What if they fought during the daytime? Let me guess, sunlight has no effect on Alucard?

Heres a funny video that made me laugh:

Galamoth said:
"What do you mean by recently? Because in that episode where he was defeated by that Catholic guy he really could of used it.

What if they fought during the daytime? Let me guess, sunlight has no effect on Alucard?

"
Recently as in the end of the Manga

Sunlight only irritates Alucard with no actual harm whatsoever
Damn! Not enough of an edge to beat him. In the D books, average Dhampirs get 'Sunlight Syndrome' every six months or so, but D is only afflicted by it about every nine years. In the Bloodlust movie, the Left Hand made it seem like he couldn't take much sun.

Ok, I guess my official verdict is that Alucard would ultimately win, but I still think D would give him the fight of his life. At some point Alucard would realize he could never hope to hit D with those guns of his, and he would probably stab D's heart with his hand and eat it. D's Left Hand would probably make some desprate final stand after that, it wouldn't last long. Alucard could probably sense the kind of power it has and would make sure to obliterate it so D can't be ressurected. Sorry D fans, without holy weapons or silver, he could never win.

Is there anything Alucard can't do? I'll bet he can breathe under water!

One of his 2,000,000 souls probably can
Post by ReiKai (3,530 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Rezzing this cause I don't feel like making it myself.

Now, Alucard can't do jack to D, really. Sure Alucard is awesome, but, if you've actually read the VHD novels, you'd realize real fast...that Alucard is only a mild threat compared with what D has had to contend with. If Alucard tries to fight with anything less than his full power at the very beginning, D will utterly destroy him in an instant.

In terms of Speed: Alucard doesn't remotely compare to D.
In terms of Strength: D vastly outclasses Alucard
In terms of Durability: D blocked a laser with his hand and bounced-back several tons of pure kinetic force. Alucard gets torn by anything.
In terms of Intelligence: Alucard is crazy, but D is crazy smart, easily capable of analyzing and operating the technology of the Nobility which would make even Dr. Doom shake with envy.
In terms of Skill: Well, not saying Alucard is unskilled, but compared to D he might as well be a newborn child.
In terms of Powers: D can't turn into a monster, but he's an even greater one than Alucard. The bulk of Alucard's powers won't even affect D, who has done things like break dimensional barriers and negate any and all forms of regeneration for prolonged periods with the simple act of wounding the individual with his sword, which has been noted as to be absolutely nothing special in make or design (with the exception of the sword he recieved in The Rose Princess, but he doesn't use it in future volumes).

Silver, Garlic, crosses and the like have no effect on D. Alucard's guns, even if D stood there and let himself be shot, wouldn't even bother him in the slightest. D can get shot and not even twitch in his stance when facing down a Noble (Vampire). As it stands, Alucard's guns are completely useless. Not only will his bullets not hurt D, they won't even come close to touching him. D is so absurdly fast that Alucard might as well not even be shooting. D, using nothing more than the stem of a weed he plucked from the ground, stopped every buckshot from three shotguns fired at him in close range simultaneously. Every pellet hit the ground, and to make a point that such an act against him was useless, stabbed one of the men in the head with the weed stem without moving from his position, and then walked away completely undisturbed by the events that transpired.
@ReiKai said:
"D, using nothing more than the stem of a weed he plucked from the ground, stopped every buckshot from three shotguns fired at him in close range simultaneously. Every pellet hit the ground, and to make a point that such an act against him was useless, stabbed one of the men in the head with the weed stem without moving from his position, and then walked away completely undisturbed by the events that transpired. "
Holy crap! Which book is that in? I've read 1-4 and 6 (couldn't finish 5, too boring) and stopped reading after that. That sounds like something Chuck Norris would do. 

I remember when D fought a tank in Raiser of Gales, and when he wounded the full blooded werewolf in Vol. 1, nullifying his super awesome regeneration. I think this Alucard guy's regeneration might a little more formidable than Garou's though. Based on the very little I've seen of Alucard, he does tend to stand around letting himself get torn up. And nothing ever seems to be able to kill him, but I've never seen what happens if he gets totally disintegrated.

D has died twice, once against a mutant wearing a piece of power armor on his arm to make his stake throw fast enough, while using "Time-Bewitching Incense"  (which for those who don't know just turns night into day) so a battle in daylight would affect D more than Alucard, presumably. The mutant's ability to warp space played no part in the matter, he's pretty much just a like an ordinary human being other than that. And the second death in Tale of the Dead Town, he gets a stake through the chest from a possessed LITTLE GIRL. Sure he had his guard down, but where was his super speed on that one? As we all know, Alucard has a habit taking the form of a little girl, he could just walk by D and then rip his heart out from behind while parading around as Girlycard

I know D is much cooler than Alucard, but I think D would have a really tough time with Alucard, if he was even able to beat him at all. The abilities of the Left Hand might be the deciding factor here. I am unsure about the depths it's powers. 

What are Alucard's most embarrassing moments in battle?
Post by ReiKai (3,530 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Actually the incense does more than that. If used on someone of Noble Blood at night, it all but paralyzes them completely. That goes for D too. Even with the power armor augmenting his speed and strength x4, he was still no match for D at all and that's why he resorted to using the incense. Also, D cannot actually 'die'. Left Hand just revives him. Also, D no longer 'dies' when stabbed through the heart. It barely even slows him down anymore. As for the Weed-block feat, that was in "Tale of the Dead Town".  Also, can't say the guy was just normal either. He was definitely metahuman in ability and his crescent blades could cut through several tons of stone as cleanly and easily as you cut through a drop of water. It just didn't matter since D's skills and abilities eclipsed his own.

Alucard's regen may be better than most Nobles, but it doesn't matter. D has shown time and time again that no matter how great your regenerative abilities are, whether natural, technological or otherwise, he can utterly negate it by simply injuring you. Also, D doesn't let his guard down around little girls and Alucard isn't known for assuming the form of children. Also, Alucard doesn't remotely compare to speed next to D and any time D gets 'killed' like that it's purely PIS or he allowed it to happen for a specific purpose. D has cut down lasers and lightning, which places him anywhere between sub-light and lightspeed reflexes and possibly faster due to other appearances and feats. Like taking out Vlad Balazas in "Pale Fallen Angel", who took out Destroyer-Vince, who moments before diffused an FTL attack from the Big-Bang Generator.

Fact is, Alucard may be cool, but he doesn't in any way compare to D in any category. I've alaready explained it all before. D, simply put, destroys his ass.
Post by WarlordNWN (24 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@ReiKai: 
I love D i think he's freaking awesome, But i have to give it to Alucard, For several reasons you really cant argue with. 1. D has no means to kill Alucard. His weapons just cant kill him, cut him up, rip him in to thousands of little pieces but but he would just come back laughing. And the reason D cant stop Alucards regeneration is beacuse if you read the manga closely it explains that Alucard regenerates out of nothing as in he literally creates new matter. So sorry but Alucard would regenerate any and all damage done to him. That there pretty much makes it impossible for Alucard to die, because he'd just reappear Another thing you really underestimate Alucards Speed, he at Mach speeds. Point 2. Alucard in his true form, he is Omnipotent and can summon millions of souls to fight for him. Of all the abilities D has shown he has shown, he has nothing that can handle somthing like this.  3.I'll give you that guns would be useless against D but the same can be said for D's sword and left hand. And im willing to bet if Alucard got a hold of D he could probely rip him in half, the guy cut through Uranium like it was butter. 4. Alucard has a sword to but the difference between him and D is if you Alucard in to a million little pieces he comes back looking sexy and D well...ya he'll comeback after a while im sure. Which leads me to my final point. 5. If they ever did fight, it wouldn't really go any where because both would just comeback, but to sum it up: Alucard is Dracula but on super steroids. I apologize for my bad grammer. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel