All spectrum lantern corps vs The Saints Of Athena.

Topic started by rein on Dec. 25, 2010. Last post by deathmonger 3 years, 8 months ago.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15

vs

An all out battle between two of the most powerful groups in any universe. Since this battle will likely shake the very fabric of reality, they will be fighting in a completely deserted universe. 
  1. No Time travel
  2. Assume cooperation but otherwise the two armies are in character.
  3. (This isn't a verse battle, their are multiple characters missing from the DC and SS rosters)
  4. All the Corps are at their peak from Blackest Night.
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10
could you tell me what level of power the strongest lantern is? 

are lost caverns saints in this?
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
aren't they the black lanterns? the saints could be in problems , because if im not wrong , only another lanter can beat these guys. 
 A combination of green light with any other light of the emotional spectrum can neutralize black rings, rendering them vulnerable  . so if the saints don't have rings , it will be very difficult , even impossible to defeat the black lanterns.
@SilverGalford: wasn't  the anti-monitor  with the yellow lantern guys once?
@SilverGalford said:
" aren't they the black lanterns? the saints could be in problems , because if im not wrong , only another lanter can beat these guys.  A combination of green light with any other light of the emotional spectrum can neutralize black rings, rendering them vulnerable  . so if the saints don't have rings , it will be very difficult , even impossible to defeat the black lanterns. "
Actually the fight is every lantern corps (Red,blue,green, yellow, pink etc)
Black lanterns can be killed so long as they are destroyed faster then they can regenerate. They do have a weakness to Lantern combos and white light, but that's not the only way to kill them.
@ssjsuperman said:
" could you tell me what level of power the strongest lantern is?   are lost caverns saints in this? "

It depends if we count the embodiments of emotions. Ion and parallax are the strongest to my knowledge and their powers are multi-galaxy level. But I wasn't sure if that would be lopsided.
And no, for now it's only Saints from the original series (God, gold silver and bronze)
@ssjsuperman: It was a severely depleted anti-monitor.
@rein: Well from my very limited knowledge of the hole lantern group none of them are massively FTl so that could be a big advantage for the saints.
@ssjsuperman: @SilverGalford: 
I Changed the rules to make it more balanced. The battle is now the Saints of Athena vs all the Lantern corps (at their peak) during the Blackest Night arc.
@ssjsuperman: They have auto-shields that can stop blitzing from massively FTL opponents.
@rein: aren't guys like Ion universal? 
@ssjsuperman: ZH parallax was but he wasn't around during the Blackest night war.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11
 THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this makes my brain bleed, let's just forget which are stronger lanterns and which are weak, THE ENTIRE LANTERN CORP OF EACH COLOR, do any of you even realize how many people that is, the green lanterns alone are 7200 people, and as I remember the entire lanterns of colors are about a bit more than 250,000.  Also Sinestro and Boston Brand with white power ring can raise the dead back to life by wishing it. I am sad to say SS are redioucasly over-numbered, and it does not matter how many they manage to defeat cause either Sinestro or Boston Brand can revive them.             morals off = spite thread             morals on = umm, still no chance for SS but good fight
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@SilverGalford: Gold Saints and above can destroy the souls and return to live freely. Reviving people is simply not an option, neither the Black Lanters have a chance to come back to life.
Claiming that a Black Lantern can only be killed with Lantern Rings is No Limits Fallacy. 

Anyways unless we use some weird powerscaling the only real factors are the other 12 Gold Saints and the 3 God Saints. Silver and Bronze Saints aren't really reaching planet-busting levels. If I remember the Lantern Rings make anyone from the Lantern Corps FTL and Planetbusters at least(I guess they only accept the bests).

Yet that might be enough. Every saint is at low skyfather level(galaxy-busters and can pass multiple galactic distances in minutes). They also notably exchange millions of attacks per second or even more(Aeiola's Plasma technique for example releases 100 billion punches per second). Also 3 Gold Saints together can use the Athena Exclamation that has the power of a concentrated Big Bang. Notably the God Saints are above that attack with their own strongest techniques. Seiya even has the feat of surviving universal deletion from Apollo.(while being stark-naked, no less). 

Or if the OP meant ALL Saints that ever lived or died or at least shown in various continuities then the number is at least twice of that(with Lost Canvas). Notable Technique is Regulus Leo's Zeus Exclamation and his ability to cast Athena Exclamation alone. 

I think the Saints without morals can nuke the whole Lantern force before they can do anything.
Post by BattleHeiz (5,765 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@rein said:
" @ssjsuperman: @SilverGalford:  I Changed the rules to make it more balanced. The battle is now the Saints of Athena vs all the Lantern corps (at their peak) during the Blackest Night arc. "
What about paralax?
@willyvereb: Wait what about blue+green?
That makes both of them nearly unstopable
@battleheiz said:
" @rein said:
" @ssjsuperman: @SilverGalford:  I Changed the rules to make it more balanced. The battle is now the Saints of Athena vs all the Lantern corps (at their peak) during the Blackest Night arc. "
What about paralax? "
This Version Of parallax isn't as strong as Zero Hour right?  How would it affect that battle if i gave him to them?   
" @willyvereb: Wait what about blue+green? That makes both of them nearly unstopable "
Any lanterns that possessed multiple rings in this arc can keep them, but no one can receive new ones.
@willyvereb said:
"Or if the OP meant ALL Saints that ever lived or died or at least shown in various continuities then the number is at least twice of that(with Lost Canvas).
All Saints that were ever alive during the original series. I can add lost canvas if needed.
@rein: No i mean that when blue lanterns are near green lanterns then they became far stronger and not to mention that they don't need recharging it
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@battleheiz: They still die.
unlimited resupply and buff =/= Galaxy level destructive ability even then.
That plus I don't remember Lanterns pulling out Flash-like combat speeds. The Golden Saints do.
Aeiola can kill each Lantern at once via his Plasma(100 bill hits per second).
Gemini Saints can shoot out blast equaling an exploding galaxy(and it harms intangibles and non-corporeal beings or even the soul)  as well many others ranking at the same power.
Starlight Extinction can swallow entire dimensions(with near galactical sizes) at once.
We also have Shion and Mu with his Crystal Wall that are immune to dimensional and various attack and being night-invulnerable(survived Gold Saint attacks)
Or SHAKA the king of soul and sensory manipulation(and Badassery). He can rob the entire Lantern army of their senses and trap them in endless circles of illusions. It worked on people who can resist illusions and mental attacks.
Stamina is no problem since Gold saints can fight for years straight.
Also I forgot Dragon and Cygnus from the God cloths. My bad. Anyways, the saints have enough hax and raw power to leave no chance for the opposition to retaliate. They kill the Lanterns down to the last atom and peice of soul. GG
@rein:
How's Parallax a factor here? Like Ion shoulodn't he be banned from this fight like the Gold Saints can't have Posseidon or Athena here?
@willyvereb: Ok
Post by Nevermind (942 posts) See mini bio Level 8
 Unless the Lanterns have strong soul fuck powers, the Saints can just keep coming back after death. Plus I don't know how they're gonna deal with 100 million attacks per second from any of the Gold Saints, much less the God Cloths.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel