Akatsuki Civil War

Topic started by taichokage on Jan. 15, 2011. Last post by Susanoo 3 years, 9 months ago.
Post by taichokage (14,258 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Pain and Itachi (the 2 strongest in Akatsuki minus Tobi) have a dispute. The remainder of Akatsuki take sides based on personal friendships and grudges.

Team Pain

Pain
Kakuzu (joined because of loyalty to the cause and leader)
Orochimaru (joined for the chance at getting Itachi's eyes and his grudge against Sasori)
Konan (of course is on Pain's side)
Hidan (joined because of Kakuzu)

Team Itachi 

Itachi
Kisame (joined because of loyalty and Madara's order to watch Itachi)
Sasori (joined out of hatred for Orochimaru, and because he had worked with Itachi before)
Zetsu  (joined because he is secretly Kisame's ally)
Deidara (joined because Itachi threatened him again with genjutsu)

I tried making the sides a fair a possible.

Pain has his paths of course, Itachi is at full health, Orochimaru is at full health, Kisame has samehada of course, Zetsu has all his bodies, Konan has her reserved jutsu.

Battlefield: Kage Summit
Morals : Typical
Post by deathmonger (1,036 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@taichokage:
Team Itachi 
Konan is completely useless 
i think Itachi could take Pein down if he can make eye contact hes just gonna need a little help from Big K
@deathmonger said:
" @taichokage: Team Itachi Konan is completely useless i think Itachi could take Pein down if he can make eye contact hes just gonna need a little help from Big K "
That's cool. I really can't disagree with you because I was uncertain myself about which team would win, although I might remind you of Konan's 600 billion bomb jutsu. She isn't utterly useless.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@deathmonger said:
" @taichokage: Team Itachi Konan is completely useless i think Itachi could take Pein down if he can make eye contact hes just gonna need a little help from Big K "
Konan is one of the most powerful ninja in the Akatsuki, she is far from useless.
I feel that pain's side has a pretty big advantage. Pain in the stronger of the two team leaders and in general his team is more powerful/versatile.
Post by FoolyCooly (676 posts) See mini bio Level 9

best battle i've seen on AV in a while imo

im torn 

as for reins comment: no 
konan is far from the strongest, her attack against mandara was with prep

Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Wait, so this is all 10,000 or 100,000 Zetsu bodies and Sasori's, 100 puppets with poison, Deidara's flight+bombing and Itachi all one one team?

The Akatsuki are good but I don't think anyone can really compete with those type of numbers.  I forget how many Zetsu's there are but it seems like you could make every possible matchup like 2,000+ ninjas vs 1.  I don't think anyone other than Pain could really keep up with numbers like that... and that's just from one opponent.  There are still 4 other super talented people and one of them can add another 100 combatants to the battle.
@FoolyCooly said:
"

im torn 

"
Yes, thank you for that. I'm glad that there is positive feedback on this. I put some thought into this one. Just like you, I am rather torn, and yes Konan is far from the strongest but she isn't weak either.
@taichokage said:
" @FoolyCooly said:
"

im torn 

"
Yes, thank you for that. I'm glad that there is positive feedback on this. I put some thought into this one. Just like you, I am rather torn, and yes Konan is far from the strongest but she isn't weak either."
i agree, but she doesnt have much feats on some of the guys in the group
@FoolyCooly: If you read the OP, you'll notice that it says "Konan has her reserved jutsu".  
Konan is an extremely powerful ninja.
  1. Since she can turn her body into paper, she is near immune to taijutsu and has a good defense against most ninjutsu with the exception of water and to a lesser degree oil. 
  2. her "Paper person of God technique" is one of the most destructive jutsu in the series.
  3. With prep she was able to prepare a plan for almost every move that Madara could make.
  4. Her speed is exceptional.
  5. she has flight advantage (the only other member of the akatsuki who can fly is deidra)
@sickVisionz: Yes I did mean all the bodies. And the body count for Zetsu is indeed 100,000. But I wouldn't underestimate team 1. Pain is there. His chibaku tensei would be dangerous, and Orochimaru too. He has the impure world resurrection technique.
@rein said:
" @FoolyCooly: If you read the OP, you'll notice that it says "Konan has her reserved jutsu".  
  1. Since she can turn her body into paper, she is near immune to taijutsu and has a good defense against most ninjutsu with the exception of water and to a lesser degree oil. 
  2. her "Paper person of God technique" is one of the most destructive jutsu in the series.
  3. With prep she was able to prepare a plan for almost every move that Madara could make.
  5. she has flight advantage (the only other member of the akatsuki who can fly is deidra)
"

wait, so she can use that jutsu she used on manara? 

btw konan still isnt the strongest ninja in that group
@FoolyCooly said:
" @rein said:
" @FoolyCooly: If you read the OP, you'll notice that it says "Konan has her reserved jutsu".  
"
wait, so she can use that jutsu she used on manara?  btw konan still isnt the strongest ninja in that group "
Yes she can. That is what I meant by "reserved jutsu." My plan was to have everyone in Akatuki at their very pinnacle of strength.
@sickVisionz said:
" Wait, so this is all 10,000 or 100,000 Zetsu bodies and Sasori's, 100 puppets with poison, Deidara's flight+bombing and Itachi all one one team?  The Akatsuki are good but I don't think anyone can really compete with those type of numbers.  I forget how many Zetsu's there are but it seems like you could make every possible matchup like 2,000+ ninjas vs 1.  I don't think anyone other than Pain could really keep up with numbers like that... and that's just from one opponent.  There are still 4 other super talented people and one of them can add another 100 combatants to the battle. "
In a battle like this, numbers really aren't an issue. As you noted, Pain destroyed Konoha himself and their were several high level ninja their to guard the city. Zetsu's bodies are similar to naruto's clones in that they are vastly weaker then the original user and mainly used for distraction (or in zetsu's case reconnaissance). Even if we were to say that Zetsu's large amount of bodies were a problem, pain has a very simple way to neutralize them. Zetsu may have an unlimited amount of bodies, but it doesn't matter because he only has one soul. As soon as pain makes contact with any of the bodies he can absorb the soul, making the army a huge pile of empty husks.
Pain has a huge amount of powerful jutsu and he is not alone. He has Orochimaru at full health, Konan who has her "Paper person of God Technique" which explodes non-stop for ten minutes and the immortal duo. I think that Team pain has more then enough to win this fight.
@FoolyCooly said:

" @rein said:

"
wait, so she can use that jutsu she used on manara?  btw konan still isnt the strongest ninja in that group "
I Never said she was the strongest ninja in the Akatsuki merely that she is in the upper tiers.
From what i can tell the order of the ninja's here are
  1. Pain
  2. Itachi
  3. Orochimaru
  4. Kisame
  5. Konan
  6. Kakuzu
  7. Sasori
  8. deidra
  9. hidan
  10. zetsu
@rein said:
" @FoolyCooly said:

" @rein said:

"
I Never said she was the strongest ninja in the Akatsuki merely that she is in the upper tiers.
From what i can tell the order of the ninja's here are
  1. Pain
  2. Itachi
  3. Orochimaru
  4. Kisame
  5. Konan
  6. Kakuzu
  7. Sasori
  8. deidra
  9. hidan
  10. zetsu
"
Hmm  my order is
Pain
Itachi
Kisame
Kakuzu
Orochimaru (I am thinking though that healthy Orochimaru might be above Kakuzu)
Sasori
Deidara
Konan
Hidan
Zetsu (partially here because he is still not completely understood)

@taichokage: I'm curious as to why you would put orochimaru so low.
@rein: Well we agree upon Itachi and Pain being the strongest. Kisame I believe is the third strongest. Orochimaru had a fair amount of trouble against wild 4 tails Naruto (but they were pretty evenly matched), whereas Kisame would have beaten the in control Hacchibi. Now Bee was partially distracted with the safety of his friends, but they were actually assisting him in the battle up until the point Kisame ko'd them. Also Kisame at less than 1/3 of his power (30% to be exact) was an even match for all of team Gai. He i known as the tailed beast with no tail because he wields ore chakra than anyone in Akatsuki. And even after he had been battle worn with fighting the hacchibi, and lost samehada, Gai still needed to go to the seventh gate to defeat him. After that Kisame still had enough energy to break out of his chakra infused shackles and use a final jutsu. 

Kakuzu i pretty strong too and fought Kakashi, Choji, Ino, Yamato and finally Naruto together and was winning but then was somewhat shamefully beaten by Naruto. As I said I am thinking that Orochimaru is probably stronger than Kakuzu when he's healthy. That being said he would only be 1 rank lower than where you ranked him in my ranking.
@rein:
@taichokage:

i think sasori with his iron sand puppet should be higher up, so should orochimaru because of his reanimation justu
@rein:
@taichokage:

btw why is Kisame put up so high?
@FoolyCooly: Look at my post from a moment ago. When you think about it Kisame really is badass. and that Kakuzu, Sasori, Orochimaru range is always difficult for me to order but when they were in akatsuki together, Orochimaru was Sasori's senior.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel