400 Years Ago Mosquito Vs Jin Kariya

Topic started by Ikki_Minami_ on July 14, 2013. Last post by UltimateHero0406 11 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,024 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@EraserCannon said:

@UltimateHero0406: Please, do tell me these characters that are better than Jin?

Kenpachi - More interesting, better backstory small as it may be

Unohana - Nuff said

Yamamoto - Hells yes

Isshin - Finger flicks Kariya

Urahara - Better backstory, cooler overall

Starrk - Read above

Grimmjow - Read above and above. More interesting overall.

Ulquiorra - For an emo fag, he's 10X more badass than Kariya. You can't argue with this. And his backstory as revealed in the character book is pretty cool too.

Rukia - More betterer backstory

Rangiku - Boobz

@ImDictatorBowDown: It was boring as f**k and no one needed to see it. Plus, Aizen did a better job :P

Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@EraserCannon said:

@UltimateHero0406: Please, do tell me these characters that are better than Jin?

Unohana - Nuff said

Yamamoto - Hells yes

Starrk - Read above

Ulquiorra - For an emo fag, he's 10X more badass than Kariya. You can't argue with this. And his backstory as revealed in the character book is pretty cool too.

Rangiku - Boobz

@ImDictatorBowDown: It was boring as f**k and no one needed to see it. Plus, Aizen did a better job :P

Amen

@DBZ_universe: LOL they may even show Aizen's backstory in this arc. I hoping so.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@UltimateHero0406: LOL They gonna reveal that he is the son of Bugs Bunny.

Post by EraserCannon (522 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@UltimateHero0406: @UltimateHero0406 said:

@EraserCannon said:

Unohana - Nuff said

Yamamoto - Hells yes

Starrk - Read above

Rangiku - Boobz

Kenpachi is more interesting than Jin Kariya? The one-dimensional character who is a forced badass? Let's also not forget that Kubo tried to give him a backstory but failed miserably. If fighting a woman is a better backstory than Jin's, then I'm sorry but your taste is horrible.

I will admit that I was not expecting Unohana to go psycho, yes. But still, doing a 360 in personality does not automatically make you a better character.

I can't argue with Yama, he was pretty badass

A character's strength does not mean that they are a better character

Can't argue with Urahara

Not even going to argue with Starrk, Starrk is by far my fav Bleach character

Lol @ Grimmjow being more interesting overall, he's a forced badass, Nnoitra >>>>>>>>>> Grimmjow

Walking around aimlessly in a desert automatically makes you a better character then? Ulquiorra is so overrated it hurts.

Rukia - Don't make me laugh

Rangiku - If boobs make a character, your shit taste is literally confirmed.

I love how you don't bring up the more interesting characters, like Mayuri and Szayel, and instead bring up guys who can't do anything but yell, swing their swords and grin.

Please, do try harder, you're making this too easy for me.

Post by taichokage (12,485 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Kubo is not a horrible writer, at least when you compare him to other mainstream Mangaka. Sure he has flaws but a lot of pros as well. The best fights of the big 3, many would say the best art, the least censored and what not. For instance he's destroying Kishimoto when it comes to their respective Final Wars.

@EraserCannon:

Having a backstory that I could tell you about without even watching the show is almost the same as having none at all. And having a personallity that can't separate you from dead grass is akin to having none as well. Plus, Kenny is not come dimensional. His past, reasons for fighting, and mental condition give him more flavor than the entirety of Jin Kariya's long and unecessary tale. Not every character has to b*tch and moan about there life to be considered full.

No, it doesn't. Her hidden rivalry with Kenpachi, warrior status, past, and resolve of badassery does. P.S. the term is doing a 180. Doing a 360 in personality means nothing happened.

Isshin's backstory and personality are pretty good and very informative.

Nnoitra had a decent story. However, Grimmjow stood out more because he's more relateable. If you look at his motives, askew sense of honor, and the fact that he steamrolled a bunch of characters that we hate for us, he's prettty likeable.

You feel the impact of his death a hell of a lot more than Kariya's. Plus, his ambiguous relationship with Orihime had the fans wondering till the very end (and inspired SO GOD DAMN MUCH FAN ART).

Personality is enjoyable.

Her relationship with Gin and Toshiro ring a bell?

And LOL Szayell. Please, entertain me more. While his concept is somewhat original, most people just found him and his hax annoying. Mayuri is decent though.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,595 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@UltimateHero0406: Never said it wasn't boring, he still had more reason to defy the soul reapers than Aizen ever did,

@ImDictatorBowDown: And how do you know they just didn't reveal Aizen's motives yet?

Post by EraserCannon (522 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@EraserCannon:

Having a backstory that I could tell you about without even watching the show is almost the same as having none at all. And having a personallity that can't separate you from dead grass is akin to having none as well. Plus, Kenny is not come dimensional. His past, reasons for fighting, and mental condition give him more flavor than the entirety of Jin Kariya's long and unecessary tale. Not every character has to b*tch and moan about there life to be considered full.

No, it doesn't. Her hidden rivalry with Kenpachi, warrior status, past, and resolve of badassery does. P.S. the term is doing a 180. Doing a 360 in personality means nothing happened.

Isshin's backstory and personality are pretty good and very informative.

Nnoitra had a decent story. However, Grimmjow stood out more because he's more relateable. If you look at his motives, askew sense of honor, and the fact that he steamrolled a bunch of characters that we hate for us, he's prettty likeable.

You feel the impact of his death a hell of a lot more than Kariya's. Plus, his ambiguous relationship with Orihime had the fans wondering till the very end (and inspired SO GOD DAMN MUCH FAN ART).

Personality is enjoyable.

Her relationship with Gin and Toshiro ring a bell?

And LOL Szayell. Please, entertain me more. While his concept is somewhat original, most people just found him and his hax annoying. Mayuri is decent though.

Personality that can't seperate you from dead grass? Have you watched the Bount Arc?

His past? What past?

His reasons for fighting? What reasons for fighting?

His mental condition is being a generic bloodlusted character.

Can't argue with Unohana, it's a matter of taste, but don't come with bullshit characters like Kenpachi being a better character than Kariya

It's not how informative a backstory is, it's what the backstory is

Grimmjow is more relateable? I would like to know where you're from, bro. You must live in a badass area if it's filled with bloodlusted psychopaths.

Yeah, Ulquiorra's death had a bigger impact, but he had nothing else going for him ( Fanart does not make a good character, Ulquiorra has more fanart than Guts, does it mean Ulquiorra is a better character than Guts? Lol fuck no, one of Guts' skin cells has 395252523532 times more quality than Bleach )

Rukia is barely meh.

Funny, you didn't specify that in your first point. Not like it helps her become a better character in the first place. Let me help you get it straight : Rangiku is for fanservice.

Yeah man, it's like you generic guys to dislike original and more interesting characters. Mayuri is unarguably one of the best characters in Bleach.

@EraserCannon:

Yes, I have watched it and I couldn't wait for it to be over when I did. Which is why I say it and all the characters introduced in it sucked all kinds of a$$. Completely uninteresting.

We get to see how he grew up which is the reason he is how he is. Since the only thing he ever knew is fighting he wanted his fights to last longer so he limited himself sub consciously. It's probably because it's the only connection he can have with other people and he wants it to last. It seems like you didn't do your homework on the character.

And like I said, his backstory is both better and informative. Isshin is also a source of badassery and comic relief which is an interesting combo.

And I'm sure you have had a time in your life when other people looked down on you and wanted to prove them wrong no matter what. That is Grimmjow. He may seem like what you said but he has personal reasons for it. And you have a bad habit of looking at characters on the surface without analyzing them from the inside.

LOL why do you keep taking all my jokes seriously? I'm gonna start marking them for you lol. Anywho, yeah Ulquiorra had a better tale to tell overall. The interaction between himself and his polar opposite Orihime, learning what heart is, kicking Ichigo's a$$ for us (joke), etc. It made Ulquiorra stand out more.

I admit she's not the best but still good enough to follow.

Like I said, to me Szayell Aporro is not so much interesting as annoying. Condescending prick with "kick in the crotch powers" (as in so hax it's just fighting dirty) and a fight that went on forever. And like I said, I like Mayuri. Especially since he got rid of the afformentioned prick with pwnage to spare.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel