Bang Zoom and Starz Make New Anime VidCast...Wait a Sec...

Topic started by gia on Jan. 22, 2009. Last post by yuetheguardian 5 years, 5 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
A screenshot from Manga Minutes #15
A screenshot from Manga Minutes #15
Starz Media (owners of Manga Entertainment) and dubbing studio Bang Zoom! have reportedly united to create a new anime video podcast kinda deal called “Manga Minutes,” which is-- by virtue of being run by two companies who are directly involved in anime but not manga –probably going to be more anime-focused than the name suggests, although they will also cover manga and games.

Not only that, but the video cast is animated-- it features two cartoon hosts named Yoko and Rogue, who are presumably voiced by Bang Zoom! voice actors (I'm not even going to pretend to be able to identify them by voice-- feel free to educate me in the comments if you can).

Fifteen episodes are up on Manga.com, so I watched through an episode. It wasn't half bad, especially if you're looking for reviews, but...I do have some trepidation. Namely...Bang Zoom!, what about your AnimeTV? Are you going to compete with yourself here? On the other hand, AnimeTV hasn't posted a new episode since Anime Expo (July '08), but the website talks about a contest ending this month, and also promises a second season schedule coming soon.

So what's the deal, Bang Zoom!?

Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Well AnimeTV was just plain terrrible...
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
AnimeTV was interesting to watch it wasn't terrible.
Post by yuetheguardian (93 posts) See mini bio Level 7
anime tv was one of the most bias shows ever as stangly bang zoom shoiws always got top ratings I wonder why?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel