Usa-chan's "Artist Corner"

Topic started by UsachanMaN on June 30, 2011. Last post by Midnightdetectives 1 year, 10 months ago.
Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Hi everyone! Welcome to Usa-chan’s “artist corner”. I guess I’m the first to actually post a thread in this section and it kind of makes me feel awkward….but who cares; there’s gotta be a first for everything right? :D 

I’m more of a traditional artist, (mostly because I’m not really “computer savy” when it comes to picture editing and such. Plus, I don’t have any of the software :P). So the drawings you’ll be seeing here are drawn/composed by the following supplies:

PENCILS:  

•  0.5/0.7 lead pencil
  • REEVES Sketching Pencils (B, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B)

PENS:

• Faber-Castell   PITT artist pens (shades of gray brush pens and varying thicknesses of black pens)
  • Letraset black pens (fine pit pens)

MARKERS

• Letraset Permanent Twin-Tip Promaker markers
  • COPIC markers

WATER COLOR PENCILS (I usually use water color for my backgrounds) 

•  REEVES Water Color Pencils

All the art that will be posted here are my own work, (i.e not traced….but drawn either from my head, an inspired spinoff, or from an existing picture/character) and I’d greatly appreciate it if you don’t claim it as your own. Thank you in advance! :D

Enjoy! :D 

Naruto sketch (when using his "Rasen-Shuriken" for the first time) 
Naruto sketch (when using his "Rasen-Shuriken" for the first time) 
Sasuke  
Sasuke  

This is an original character inspired from the character "Genesis" -  Final Fantasy VII : Crisis Core (PSP game). 
This is an original character inspired from the character "Genesis" -  Final Fantasy VII : Crisis Core (PSP game). 

Here's the same original  character, but this time I colored him using the Letraset Promarker markers. The background is colored using water color pencils
Here's the same original  character, but this time I colored him using the Letraset Promarker markers. The background is colored using water color pencils

Another original character...she's actually the main character of a manga/story idea i'm working on..except this is a much older version of her (she is a swan...not an angel :D)
Another original character...she's actually the main character of a manga/story idea i'm working on..except this is a much older version of her (she is a swan...not an angel :D)

Drawing of my RP character - Rain (lol I actually messed up her hair, which is why the background is black XDD But there is still evidence of my mess-ups :P) 
Drawing of my RP character - Rain (lol I actually messed up her hair, which is why the background is black XDD But there is still evidence of my mess-ups :P) 

Original characters from a story idea I had and still working on :) 
Original characters from a story idea I had and still working on :) 

I’ll continue to post on this thread as I draw more and more. 

- Usa-chan :D 
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@UsachanMaN
NIce work. There is, however, a Official Artist-Show Off Thread in the Off-Topic Forum, perhaps it could have been posted there. See the thread here; http://www.animevice.com/forums/off-topic/32/offical-art-show-off-thread/313947/#255
@fire_star:  
Thanks! :D Yea, I'm aware of that thread.  But I think that thread was there before the Vice actually had the  "Art Show-Off" section. Now we do though, and that's where I posted this thread. 
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@UsachanMaN: @fire_star: This thread has been moved to the Artist Show-Off thread, since it showcases the artwork of UsachanMaN and it would benefit from being in that forum board.

By the way, great artwork.

@UsachanMaN
I see, I only said something because most people just post it there, instead of posting it here. It saves a lot of space, and it's an easy access for many users to look at many different user's work, instead of going to each specific user's threads. I think thats why it was created.
@ShadowKnight508:  
Thanks a bunch! :D 
@UsachanMaN
Oh, and your artwork is amazing ! I like it when you use color, too.
@fire_star said:
@UsachanMaN: I see, I only said something because most people just post it there, instead of posting it here. It saves a lot of space, and it's an easy access for many users to look at many different user's work, instead of going to each specific user's threads. I think thats why it was created.
Yea, I get where you're coming from :) I only started this thread since the Vice opened this new forum...and I took a peek at the Vine, and users created their own threads with their artwork :) 

@fire_star said:
@UsachanMaN: Oh, and your artwork is amazing ! I like it when you use color, too.
Thanks again! Appreciated :)
Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Nice work, dude!
thanks man! :D 
Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14
No prob!
Post by Sonata (35,184 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@UsachanMaN: Awesome job on the sketchesXD

Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Sweet stuff m'dear.
Keep up the great work!
@Sonata:  
Thanks a bunch Sonata! :D 

@Superevil225:  
thanks Superevil! :D I'd love to see more of your art as well! :D 

Drawing using black ink Faber-Castell pens 

Fai D. Flourite from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles  
Fai D. Flourite from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles  
@UsachanMaN: I would, but my scanner is ass. XD
@Superevil225:  
Aw... well my scanner isnt that great either XD I had  to play with the contrast so my pencil drawings would actually be visible XD
@UsachanMaN: Plus it doesn't hook up to my computer so I have to scan it to my moms then email to myself. XD
@Superevil225:  
LOL that's what I do! XDD 
@UsachanMaN: My good drawings are embarrassing. :P Y'know like dudes kissin' and gorey stuff. XD
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel