My Own Artwork

Topic started by MrDirector786 on Dec. 24, 2011. Last post by Kobra678 1 year, 1 month ago.
Post by MrDirector786 (4,510 posts) See mini bio Level 17

In this thread, I will basically be showing off some of my own artwork. I'll start by showing these two drawings I made of Darkseid. One is based off of his Pre-Flashpoint appearance while the other is based off of his appearance in the New 52.

Post by Dr_Ventum (162 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Pretty good stuff. I actually like the second picture more despite the fact that it's less detailed.

@Dr_Ventum said:

Pretty good stuff. I actually like the second picture more despite the fact that it's less detailed.

Thanks. To be honest, I myself like the second image more as well.

Post by Dr_Ventum (162 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@MrDirector786 said:

@Dr_Ventum said:

Thanks. To be honest, I myself like the second image more as well.

I'd say the lack of details on most of his armor contrasts well with the more detailed parts of the image. Makes it stand out more, which is a good thing in my book.

Here's a drawing I recently made of Starro the Conqueror.

Here's a drawing I made today for a contest on the comicvine artist-showoff boards. It's an amalgam of Galactus and the new 52 Darkseid. I screwed up a little bit on the right side of his head but other than that I think it's fine. I also realized how similar Darkseid's new appearance was to Galactus when I was drawing this.

Post by Sonata (35,629 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@MrDirector786: Thats not bad, keep up the nice work:)

@Sonata: Thanks

Here's a drawing I made of Galvatron from Transformers.

Post by Sonata (35,629 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@MrDirector786: Nice looks like he is saying Just Bring It!:P
Post by UsachanMaN (4,611 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@MrDirector786: Great stuff! :D

@Sonata:

Thanks. I didn't actually think of it like that. I just felt like putting him in that pose because I thought it would look cool. I was thinking of having him aim the cannon but ultimately decided to show the whole cannon.

@UsachanMaN:

Thanks.

I'm also thinking of doing a drawing of Megatron's more recent design in the IDW comics because I haven't really seen any fanart of it and I think it looks really awesome.

Post by UsachanMaN (4,611 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@MrDirector786: You're welcome! Cool idea, its fun to draw fanarts of characters or images of ones that havent been drawn a lot. I'll be looking forward to your next drawing! :D

Post by DBZ_universe (15,755 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Nice art!!! I like the Galvatron one!

@DBZ_universe said:

Nice art!!! I like the Galvatron one!

Thanks

Post by Kobra678 (3,448 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@MrDirector786: All of these are amazing :D you should definitely upload some more.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel