Contests?

Topic started by Lil_Cal on Dec. 22, 2011. Last post by Lil_Cal 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Lil_Cal (141 posts) See mini bio Level 9

One thing I love about CV's art forum is the contests. They're fun as heck to do and it's just a joy to see what inventive drawings people come up with.

But there are no Contests on AV, which is a real shame.

Anyone got some ideas for an art contest for this site? Let's see if we can get this ball rolling.

How about a character creation contest? That's pretty simple and you don't need to be the best artist to pull it off.

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

That sounds like a good idea. Are you going to put it together?

@KuroNekoXIII said:

That sounds like a good idea. Are you going to put it together?

I guess if no one else does.

Any ideas for the first set up?

@Lil_Cal:

Hmm, not sure. How about coming up with a central theme? I'm not quite sure lol

I think Superevil225 attempted a contest during the summer, but not many people took part in it. : http://www.animevice.com/forums/artist-show-off/1518/holy-halos-art-competition/327407/#20

What do you have in mind?

@KuroNekoXIII: My plan is to copy CV's system for art contest.

Basically the set up is posted for the competition(what needs to be drawn) based off a central theme of how that contest works(for instance one contest on CV is drawing future versions of DC characters) then after a dead line you have users vote on a winner and the winner picks what's to be drawn next within the given contest.

@Lil_Cal:

That sounds like a plan! I think there should be a community vote on what they'd like to be the first theme, that way, we can get more people into it. Unless you've got another idea. (I'm a noob at this, lol XD)

@KuroNekoXIII: Your idea sounds good.

The art section on here is really young as far as I can tell so getting people involved will be the hardest part.

@Lil_Cal: Thanks! Yea, there isn't much artist activity here. I believe the Vice has only started the "Artist Show Off" forums this summer. When I first joined this spring, it wasnt on.

@KuroNekoXIII: Yeah I popped in here a long time ago and I didn't remember it being here.

Glad they added it though. Artist inspired by manga and anime should have a very different style from the comic guys I usually see.

@Lil_Cal:

True!

Post by MrDirector786 (4,497 posts) See mini bio Level 17

We could also have an amalgam drawing contest. I think I've seen some on CV. You draw a character that's a combination of different characters.

@MrDirector786 said:

We could also have an amalgam drawing contest. I think I've seen some on CV. You draw a character that's a combination of different characters.

Yeah, that's one that translates well.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel