April 2014 Fan Art Theme: Mecha

Topic started by takashichea on Feb. 23, 2014. Last post by takashichea 5 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (13,099 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Hello everyone, I'm Takashichea, a wiki mod. After having a conversation with folks, they ask me to start a project to promote fan art in our community, a contest. A lot of folks including myself are pretty shy in showcasing art because you know why.

Don't be shy! I'm probably worse than you guys and gals! Submit your fan art! We'll vote. It would be fun.

Revised: Instead of a contest, we go with a theme.

Guidelines

• No Hentai or Nudity! We have teenagers prowling the web. We can't ruin their innocence.
  • No graphic violence! You can show Happy smacking Kon. Just don't submit something really bloody or graphic.
  • No racial or homophobic fan art.
  • Mods and any users can enter. Only one fan art can be submitted. I do check for dupe profiles just to make things fair.

Let me know if I miss anything.

Post by ninja2170 (548 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@takashichea: I would definitely join for the laughs I'm a terrible artist and just found this part of the vice and will add some art soon possibly today.

Online Now

@ninja2170:

I have to change this blog and its goals. I was trying to promote inactive forums in Anime Vice because of some individuals said I wasn't promoting fan fic and Artist Show-Off.

I welcome you to forum. I'm probably a worse artist than you.

Instead of a contest, we go with a theme for each month. Since you're the first one, why don't you suggest a theme? It could be anime, manga, or specific genre.

@takashichea: well let's just go with anime for the theme. just not sure if you mean a anime character or your own character in anime art style?

Online Now

@ninja2170:

It could be a character, a franchise, or a specific group within a franchise.

@takashichea: alright hope many other get involved.

@takashichea: forgot to ask but is there a certain day for this or what?

Online Now

@ninja2170:

It's no longer a contest since the feedback was poor. I figured to make this into a theme where everyone just post their fan art for fun. We'll just comment for fun.

@takashichea: I know its not a contest just wasn't sure if it was on a specific day or just all through the month by the way were is the feedback its been a month since anyone has posted art here.

Online Now

@ninja2170:

It's a specific month. We'll change the theme each month. Let me know if you decided on a theme for this month. Sorry for the confusion earlier.

@takashichea: no need for an apology as for the theme let's go with fairy tail (Cant get it out of my head for some reason)

Online Now

@ninja2170:

All right, I'll make March, Fairy Tail. The anime is coming back in April for Spring 2014.

@takashichea: I know I heard about it when it was first announced cant wait.

i wast sure if you wanted them posted here or in are own threads so i'll put it here for now.

This was my quick attempt at Loke.

I just want to add that I hate hands there so hard for me.

Online Now

@ninja2170:

Looks better than mine! I'll post my sketch soon. Been preoccupied with Screened (Screened Yearbook (April 2010 - March 14, 2014) ) and To Hollywood and Beyond projects.

@takashichea: Thanks and no rush hopefully someone else will join in.

Post by Vapovile (2,083 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Interesting. I haven't drawn in a while, but I might try and do something for this just to get the ball rolling.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,110 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@takashichea: Does the fan art have to pertain sole to Fairy Tail or can we use other elements so long as certain Fairy Tail elements are implemented?

Online Now

@ImDictatorBowDown:

It's not March anymore. I forgot to draw Fairy Tail for March. Feel free to suggest a theme for this month. I'll simply change the title of this blog and record Fairy Tail as last month's theme.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,110 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@takashichea: Would mecha anime be alright, it's rather general but it allows lots of freedom?

Online Now

@ImDictatorBowDown:

Sure, I'll make it Mecha April month. Thank you.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel