Archer actually the strongest servant of all? [Spoiler Alert]

Topic started by Void_Wizard on March 4, 2009. Last post by cfatalis 4 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
These spoilers aren't just from the anime, but the game too.

Archer has many ways to attack first we have his twin blades which he can project endlessly with ease so they aren't a big deal if they break or get knocked away somehow. Then we have his bow which can fire a powerful attack that can would most servants that aren't named Berserker, Saber, or Gilgamesh.

He can also use Broken Noble Phantasms that are as powerful as Noble Phantasms he uses one to block Lancer's Noble Phantasm Lance throw attack.

His noble phantasm that he created himself called Unlimited Blade Works that recreates his own mind and brings his opponent into his own world where he can trace weapons and project them unlimited and attack the opponent with them either directly, or by using them as "arrows" that float above him and fire through and at the opponent at will.

So what do you think? I imagine very few have played the game and will know exactly what I'm talking about but even people who have watched the anime have seem some of his abilities albeit very few of them.

[Woot a fail thread by me with 0 posts. :( ]
Post by blazearmoru (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
No, in close combat he is inferior to most servants.  In ranged combat I'm not sure he can even match assassin.  In magic he definitely loses to Caster.  If we were to have the servants dumped onto a flat arena maybe 20 feet away from each other and just have them battle... 

Now given all the close combat servants will rush up (and their agility stat is greater than Archer's) Archer will have little time to prepare and Archer's Strength attribute sucks as well.  He's more or less waiting to die.  Also he won't have time to pull out UBW.  

Against assassin depending on situation and senario, I don't know who's going to win but if Archer want's to win then he better finish assassin off.  Assassin can regenerate, Archer's regenerative abilities SUCK probably because he had a protection all his life he never had to actually regenerate.  And it's assassin... he's going to escape when wounded and then kill archer after taking 30 seconds to heal up.

Against Caster, I'm going to say it's his loss.  That arrow would not of hit caster, and the same trick won't work twice.

He might fare well against Gilgamesh but ONLY if Gilgamesh plays around and lets Archer UBW him.  Otherwise I'm going to have to go with Archer's sword rain fails against Gilgamesh's and even sword quality fails.  Probably close up the distance and attack, at any rate it's a battle to close up the distance and Archer is SLOW.  He won't make it.  Shirou got lucky Gilgamesh decided to play around and let Shirou pull a UBW on him, caught him off guard and he panicked so he lost.

Archer is definitely the "Weakest" Servant.  Sure he can do just about anything, but with his stats and "luck", he wont get the chance to do anything.  Also, if lancer used his weak non-flashy Gae Bolg to pierce Archer's heart, he's gone.  Shield = useless.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
he would fare well in battle threads actually
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
i wouldn't say weakest, the weakest actually belongs to assasin (sasaki) and if only based on fate scenario archer is nothing

remember guys he fought berserker and kill him shitload of time
@cfatalis: Him vs Byakuya in a battle thread with a set of equalizers or is that too far?
@Nerx: gil vs byakuya= death byakuya (your blades tickle me)

archer vs byakuya depends as i said both of them have the quixkest possible way to kill people

gil: pulls insta kill weapon
archer: trace gae bolga
@cfatalis: or trace two senbonzakuras
@Nerx: so is that the case of more DAKKA?
@cfatalis: yeah , overkill if he uses the  petals as broken phantasms to maximize mad bomber
@Nerx: no he will run out of mana first that way
@cfatalis: what about within UBW?
@Nerx: UBW just drain mana faster, why do you think archer always save it for the last anyway?
@cfatalis: D'oh never paid attention to his mana
@Nerx: they are essentially summons of ff10 so yeah they have mana,
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel