Summer Anime 2012 Trailers Anthology Blog

Topic started by takashichea on June 11, 2012. Last post by DCypher 2 years ago.
Post by takashichea (11,042 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Welcome to the Summer Anime 2012 Anthology blog where BigHeart711 and I post video trailer blogs for the new, upcoming anime for the summer. It's not complete yet. I did this early to avoid the glitches with the tables for the last anthology blog, Spring Anime 2012. Due to the glitches, posting 43 trailers' entries and links took 6 hours to do. I'm not making that same mistake.

I apologize for that. Please keep checking this blog. BigHeart711 and I will keep you guys and gals informed about new summer anime trailers.

Please comment if you have free time on these trailer blogs. It means a lot to the community, my teammate, and myself.

Summer 2012 - Anime

Arcana Famiglia
Arcana Famiglia
Check out the trailer blog!
Genres: Action, Romance
Themes: Reverse Harem, Competition
Arcana Famiglia: An mysterious organization that's been stomping out crime and piracy is monitoring an heir to a family, whom is getting married for two months. Little do they know, that the bride-to-be will be in an intense competition that she will participate in and so are some of the organization's members!
By BigHeart711
Binbogami ga!
Binbogami ga!
Genre: Comedy
Themes: Supernatural
Binbogami ga!: Sakura Ichiko is an incredibly smart, athletic, wealthy, beautiful and otherwise talented high school girl, so much that the Japanese kami are concerned. Apparently, the reason Ichiko is so talented and lucky is because she unknowingly sucks out the "happiness energy" of everyone around her, giving herself extra luck at the expense of others. Momiji, the Japanese god of poverty and misfortune, is sent to suck out some of this energy in order to restore the balance of karma in the world, but not even Momiji's god status can save her from Ichiko's abundance of luck as she becomes thwarted time and time again.
Campione!
Campione!
Genre: Fantasy, Action
Campione!: It revolves around Godou Kusanagi who is an ordinary high school student who killed a god and claimed its power. He becomes a Campione, one who slays other gods.
By Taka
Chitose Get You!!
Chitose Get You!!
Genre: Comedy, Slice of Life
Chitose Sakuraba is an energetic 11-year-old girl, while her older brother works for the town hall next to the school. Without regard to her surroundings, she rushes to the office to spend all the time with her her brother whenever she has free time, causing all sorts of trouble. Chitose, her close friends, homeroom teacher, and even her older brother's superiors will get pulled into this slapstick, comedic adventure that you won't want to miss!
Dakara Boku-ha, H ga Dekinai
Dakara Boku-ha, H ga Dekinai
Themes: Comedy, Romantic, Fan Service, Supernatural
Dakara Boku-ha, H ga Dekinai: Ryosuke is the main character who has lost his erotic spirit after making a contract with Risara, the Goddess of Death. Ryousuke cannot get aroused from watching girls due to his contract and struggles to gain back his erotic spirit from Risara.
Dog Days 2
Dog Days 2
Alias: Dog Days' (That's how ANN titled it), Dog Days Dash
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Adventure
Themes: Kemonomimi (Cat Girls and Dog Girls,
Dog Days 2: This is a sequel to Dog Days anime series. No plot is given, so I put down the plot for Dog Days instead. In the land of Fronaldo, the Republic of Biscotti has been aggressively attacked by the Lion Kingdom of Galette. Facing potential defeat, Princess Millhiore summons a hero who can save the country. What she gets is Izumi Shinku, a middle-school boy from Japan. Awaiting him in Fronaldo is the task of becoming hero enough to defeat his enemies while learning the peculiar rules of battle in this strange new world.
By Taka
Driland
Driland
Due to the influence of someone who visited her town when she was a child, Princess Mikoto of Elvo decides to become a hunter and search for treasure all over the land of Driland. She sets out on her journey with her personal assistant Wallens, but they are soon joined by Pollen, a hunter who dreams of being a hero, and Paan, a wondering knight. As they continue their exploration they begin to sense great danger drawing near.
Hagure Yūsha no Estetica
Hagure Yūsha no Estetica
Themes: Supernatural, Adventure
Hagure Yusha no Estetica: The story follows an international training organization named Babel which protects the young people returning from another world. A wayward hero named Akatsuki has come back to the real world from a world of sword and magic called Areizaado, along with beautiful girl who is a demon king's daughter.
By Taka
Girls Und Panzer
Girls Und Panzer
Genre: Moe and Military
Girls Und Panzer: It revolves around high school girls battling in tanks. The protagonist is Miho who transfers to Oarai Girl's High School where the student council has ordered her to take part in the national Sensha-do championship.
By Taka
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Genres: Fantasy, Seinen
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita: It's been several centuries since human beings declined due to the steep drop in birthrates. The most prosperous species on the Earth are "Fairies", 10 cm tall creatures with high intelligence. I became a UN arbitrator between the humans and the fairies and returned to my hometown to help my grandfather. I thought my job would not be a tough one and visited one of the fairies' habitats to say hello to them but.
Joshiraku
Joshiraku
Check out trailer blog!
Themes: Moe, Satire, Slice of Life
Joshiraku is a satirical comedy anime that follows the everyday life of a group of girls.
K
K
Check out trailer blog!
Themes: School, Magic, Sword Fighting
K: I have no plot summary. Sorry everyone. I don't know if K is a summer anime.
By Taka
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Season II
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Season II
Alias: Kyokai Senjo no Horizon II
Genre: Sci-Fi, Fantasy
Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere: This is the 2nd season: In a distant future, Japan is divided into feudal territories, which have been conquered and are ruled by outside countries. The flying city-ship Musashi, which holds the remnants of the Japanese, is being targeted and has no choice but to keep its people safe by going to war. With the fate of the world resting on its hands, the students of Musashi may hold the key to victory.
By Taka
Love, Election, & Chocolate
Love, Election, & Chocolate
Alias: Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
Genre: Drama and Romance
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate: Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate follows the protagonist Yūki Ōjima, who attends Takafuji Private Academy a large school with over 6,000 students. Yūki is a member of the Food Research Club along with seven others, including his childhood friend Chisato Sumiyoshi. The members leisurely spend their time in the club not doing much activities. When the election of the next student council president comes up, the front runner Satsuki Shinonome proposes that clubs that have no merit should be sorted out and abolished. The Food Research Club seeks advice from the current student council president Yakumo Mōri, who suggests Yūki run in the election as an opposing candidate. Yūki learns about the issues facing the school and decides to run in the election.
By Taka
Kokoro Connect
Kokoro Connect
Based on Sadanatsu Anda’s manga by the same name, KOKORO CONNECT follows the story of five members in the Yamahoshi Academy Culture Club who end us switching bodies with each other.
Moyashimon Returns
Moyashimon Returns
Genre: Slice of Life, Comedy
Theme: Microbiology
Moyashimon Returns: It's the sequel to Moyashimon. It's about a college student, Tadayasu Sawaki who has a unique ability. He can see and communicate with bacteria and other microorganisms.
By Taka
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Genre: Science Fiction, Military, Mecha
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse: In the year 2001, alien species known as BETA (Beings of Extra Terrestrial origin which is Adversary of human race) came to invade earth. And for 20 years, they have already conquered most of the Eurasian continent, effectively decreasing the world population by billions. In response to this, the human race began to advance the development of tactical weapons (machines). Thus, elite pilots around the world start to gather at a UN base in Alaska named Yukon to participate in the Prominence Project. This project is a joint effort between Russia and America on research and development of tactical weapons against BETA and the job of the pilots are to test the prototypes, which occasionally involves pitting one against another.
By Taka
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Genres: Drama, Romance
Themes: Supernatural, Josei
Natsuyuki Rendezvous: Ryosuke vies to confess his love to an floral store's manager, whom has sworn off love years ago. To make matters worse, the ghost of her former husband appears to stop Ryosuke from reaching his goal, but he's more than determined to claim her love, even if it's a mission.
By BigHeart711
Oda Nobunga no Yabo
Oda Nobunga no Yabo
Alias: Oda Nobuna's Ambition
Genre: Historical Comedy
Oda Nobuna no Yabou is a historial comedy anime series that set in Feudal Japan. It's about a high school boy named Yoshiharu who somehow winds up in Japan during the warring period. However, in this world, the warlords are all women, and Nobuna Oda asks him to help her rule the world.
By Taka
One of Them is My Younger Sister!
One of Them is My Younger Sister!
Alias: Kono Naka ni Hittori, Imouto ga Iru!
Genres: Romance, Comedy
Themes: Harem
One of Them is My Younger Sister!: After Shougo's father dies, he gets to inherit an company, but has to endure some training and find a girl to marry first. There's his half-sister from his school that wants to marry him, but a number of other girls also attend there, so he's unsure which one is her.
By BigHeart711
Rinne no Lagrange
Rinne no Lagrange
Genre: Mech
Rinne no Lagrange: Madoka is the lone member of her school's Jersey Club. She is one day recruited by a mysterious girl named Lan to pilot the robot "Vox" and protect her city from space invaders. They are joined by a third girl, Muginami, who has a different goal than Ran. Meanwhile, they still don't know their enemies' true goal, or what "Rinne" might be.
By Taka
Sword Art Online
Sword Art Online
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Romance
Themes: Cyberpunk
Sword Art Online: Kazuto enters himself into an virtual-reality MMO called "Sword Art Online", but is shocked to learn that the only way to exit is to clear the game and if a player dies in the game, then they also die in real life.
By BigHeart711
Tari Tari
Tari Tari
Genre: Moe, School
Tari Tari: The story centers around five Japanese high school students who are too young to be called adults, but who no longer think of themselves as children. Wakana Sakai once took music lessons, but she withdrew from music after losing her mother. Konatsu Miyamoto is a positive-thinking girl who loves singing and spends time after school at the vocal music club. Sawa Okita is a spirited archery club member who dreams of becoming a horse rider. Daichi Tanaka is a chronically late badminton team member who lives with his college student sister. "Wiin" just transfered into Wakana's class after 12 years abroad in Australia. Music brings Wakana, Konatsu, Sawa and the others together into an ensemble during their last summer in high school.
By Taka
Yuru Yuri 2
Yuru Yuri 2
Alias: Yuruyuri♪♪
Theme: Yuri, Slice of Life, Comedy
Yuru Yuri 2: The series revolves around junior high school girls, Kyoko Toshino and Yui Funami who take over the Tea Ceremony Club and changed it to the Amusement Club. The club becomes bigger as more school girls joined Kyoko and Yui's Amusement Club.
By Taka

Summer 2012 - OVA

Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland
Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland
It's another Alice in Wonderland story when, while spending time with his sister one sunny day, Nunnally requests that Lelouch tells a story, like in old times. To grant his sister's request, Lelouch uses Geass on the entire cast of the Code Geass series.
Code Geass Gaiden: The Ruined Land of Akito
Code Geass Gaiden: The Ruined Land of Akito

Alias: Code Geass Gaiden, Code Geass Gaiden: Bokoku no Akito, and Code Geass: Akito Exiled

Genre: Mecha, Drama, Sci-Fi,
Code Geass GAIDEN: The Ruined Land of Akito: The New Side Story is set in 2017 a.t.b., a Knightmare unit made of boys and girls from Zone Eleven are thrown into a military operation with a 5% chance of survival. They must rescue an allied unit left behind on the European war front.
By Taka
Rurouni: Shin Kyoto-Hen
Rurouni: Shin Kyoto-Hen
Genres: Action, Drama, Romance, War
Themes: Samurai, Period, Ninja
Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyoto Hen Told from the perspective of Misao Makimachi, this alternate retelling of the Kyoto arc chronicles the adventures of wandering swordsman Kenshin Himura and his quest in putting a stop to the evil Makoto Shishio and his plot to take over Japan.
By BigHeart711

Summer 2012 - Movies

Blood C: The Last Dark
Blood C: The Last Dark
Japan's Release Date: June 2, 2012
Tokyo has enacted the Youth Protection Ordinance, minors are forbidden to be out at night, and the internet is policed however, Sirrut, an underground rebel organization, has declared war on Fumito Nanahara. Sirrut uses the internet to try and find information in cyberspace, and they discover something more gruesome, TOWER, a mysterious organization behind Fumito that is rumored to be conducting experiments involving human beings, and alluding to people being...eaten.
By Taka
Fairy Tail: Priestess of the Phoenix
Fairy Tail: Priestess of the Phoenix
Japan's Release Date: August 18, 2012
Alias: The Maiden of the Phoenix
Fairy Tail Movie: Priestess of the Phoenix: The film revolves around a mysterious girl named Éclair who appears before Fairy Tail, the world's most notorious wizard's guild. She lost all of her memories, except for the imperative that she must deliver two Hōōseki (Phoenix Stones) somewhere. The stones may spell the collapse of the magical world, and Natsu, Lucy, and the rest of the Fairy Tail guild are caught up in the intrigue.
By Taka
Naruto Shippuden Movie 6: Road to Ninja
Naruto Shippuden Movie 6: Road to Ninja
Japan's Release Date: July 28, 2012
Naruto Shippuden Movie 6:Road to Ninja: Plot is unknown.
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A's
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A's
Japan's Release Date: July 14, 2012
Alias: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A's (full title), Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 2nd A's
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A's: Yuuno Scraia is a mage from a distant planet working to fix the problem he started when Jewel Seeds were accidentally spread around the world. In a failed attempt to seal a seed properly, he winds up on Earth in the form of a ferret. However, his battle with the seeds did not end upon reaching the Earth and he needs somebody else's help to seal the seeds for him. Takamachi Nanoha hears his telepathic cries for help and comes to his rescue. When she is given a pearl known as the Raging Heart she is able to transform into Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and wield a staff to fend off the evil that lies within the Seeds. In order to help Yuuno complete his mission, she needs to seal all 21 Jewel Seeds away, but Fate may be playing a hand in the matter to prevent Nanoha's goals.
By Taka
Pokemon Best Wishes: Kyurem vs the Sacred Swordsmen
Pokemon Best Wishes: Kyurem vs the Sacred Swordsmen
Japan's Release Date: July 14, 2012
Pokémon Best Wishes: Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordsmen: The 15th Pokemon movie in the franchise. While Satoshi (Ash) and company are further into their journey, they suddenly encounter Kyurem and start to be targeted by him. Unfortunately, they all might be in even bigger trouble when they become involved in a feud against three more legendary pokemon called the "Sacred Swordsmen". Meanwhile, one other legendary pokemon, Keldeo vies to earn his title to become a Sacred Swordsman, but it could take more than just skill to become one himself.

Specials

Persona 4 Arena
Persona 4 Arena

E3 Trailer: Persona 4 Arena: In case any of you either missed any new videogame news from E3, needed a reminder or took a really long vacation from the internet and news in general, the fighting game that Atlas and the Persona and BlazeBlue teams are responsible for is being released this summer and both ENG and JPN language tracks will be present for the North American release (so far, according to Siliconera). Characters from Personas 3 and 4 will be going against each other in a tornament at the Midnight Channel months after P4's story.

By BigHeart711

Thanks

Thank you everyone for reading this blog and supporting the video trailer projects. Please give some recognition to BigHeart711 for his contributions.

Takashichea and BigHeart711

Team W.I.K.I. Nation

Post by rubberluffy (570 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Moyashimon season 1 was REALLY good, so I'm pretty pumped for more. The live-action drama didn't do anything for me, it was just kinda weird.

I tried watching the first episode of the Rurouni Kenshin Kyoto OVA and I was not particularly pleased.

@rubberluffy:

I haven't try Moyashimon yet, but it sounds interesting. Plus, it's about microbiology, my major in college. It's strange that an anime is about microbes.

Post by rubberluffy (570 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@takashichea said:

@rubberluffy:

I haven't try Moyashimon yet, but it sounds interesting. Plus, it's about microbiology, my major in college. It's strange that an anime is about microbes.

Yeah give it a shot. Unfortunately I don't believe it ever had any licensing outside of Japan. Too bad, I'd definately have bought it.

Post by Sonata (35,218 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@rubberluffy: That's disappointing to hear about Rurouni Kenshin, been meaning to check that out. 

Moyashimon Returns, Muvluv, Arcana Famiglia, and Oda Nobunaga's Ambition are the ones I'll be checking out first. The rest I'll play by ear to see if  they are good. 

Updates

@rubberluffy: @Sonata:

I'll still try out Rurouni Kenshin. I haven't watched it since the days of Toonami. Thanks for the comments, guys! :)

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,180 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Huh, nothing really caught my eye. But I guess I'll try some of them out

Updates

I think we have 8 anime trailers left. I don't think Kingdom or Mononokuma would have trailers since they are already airing. I probably put opening theme song for them.

@Destinyheroknight:

I hope you find something you like. I was the same with every season before this one. I tend to be watch these things late. Posting trailers with BigHeart711 exposed some new stuff.

Edit:

I just posted two new trailers:

Post by Username_Undefined (89 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I'll watch Dog Days and Horizon because I enjoyed the first seasons.

Hagure Yūsha no Estetica and Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse both sound interesting.

Code Geass Gaiden looks cool. I'm interested in other parts of the world while Zero is doing his thing in Japan.

Kenshin is my all-time favorite manga, so I'll watch his OVA. Interested in seeing the Kyoto arc from another perspective

Fairy Tail is tied with One Piece as my favorite on-going series, so I'm sold on the movie, and I'll watch Naruto just to see what the heck it's about.

@Emeryl:

There are some rumors when Crunchyroll posted pictures of the character redesigns for the Naruto movie.

Thanks for commenting!

Post by Username_Undefined (89 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@takashichea: Yeah, I've seen most of the Crunchyroll stuff. All I know about it is that Road to Ninja is an AU, non-canon (from Kishimoto's mouth) retelling. I think part of the reason I'm going to watch it is to see the Konoha 11 with their different personalities.

I'll also add that the trailer for K has me very interested.

This blog is done

I'm not sure BigHeart711 and I got everything, but this is good enough. If there are new updates, please notify us.

New Trailers:

Thank you.

New Related Topic: Crunchyroll's Summer 2012 Simulcast Lineup

Post by Lurkero (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7

This blog entry made it easy for me to tell what the shows of Summer 2012 would be. Even better than Anime News Network's summer 2012 guide in terms of functionality.

I didn't even know about the Code Geass ova until I read this. Thanks.

@Lurkero:

Thanks. It was teamwork between BigHeart711 and me.

Post by DCypher (117 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Hmm. K?

^-^ K.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel