Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Discussion

Topic started by takashichea on Jan. 27, 2013. Last post by takashichea 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by takashichea (11,054 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Welcome to the Sasami-san@Ganbaranai discussion thread. Whether you're watching the anime or reading the manga, you're already knee-deep in the series or you're checking it out for the first time, you're more than welcome here.

Genre: Comedy, Romance,

Plot: This series centers around a hikikomori named Sasami, who was taken care of by her brother. Sasami spends her days keeping track of the outside world using her Brother Surveillance Tool, which catches glimpses of her brother's interactions with the three beautiful Yagami sisters.
— Anime News Network

Watch Online: The Anime Network

Similar Stuff

Do you like Sasami-san@Ganbaranai? Then you might also like the following. Like any of the following? Then you might also like Sasami-san@Ganbaranai!

Featured Video

Here's a trailer for Sasami-san@Ganbaranai

Wiki Section

Want to help build the wiki? Here is everything you need.

Main Pages: Light Novel | Manga | Anime | Franchise | Characters

To-Do List

Here's a list of things we want to do in the wiki, why not help cross some of them off? Also feel free to make suggestions.

• There are no wiki project or wiki editors, so all pages are available for anyone to work on.

Important Pages

When editing the wiki (particularly episode and volume pages) it's helpful to use this section as a reference guide.

Locations
When adding locations, don't forget to add parent locations. For example, when adding Japan to an episode or volume, Earth should also be added. Locations appearing in flashback sequences generally don't count.

Recurring Pages: Earth,

Objects
Objects should be specific rather than general, like Natsu's Scarf instead of just Scarf or Purgatory Armor instead of Plate Armor. General objects are being removed from the wiki.

Recurring Objects: None

Concepts

Common: Humans, Flashback, Hikikomori, Simulcast, Japanese Honorifics, Manga Iconography,

Specific: None

Post by Acura_Max (2,323 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

I just saw the first episode of the series and it is pretty weird. The first part introduces the relationship between the brother and the main character, which by the way is a bit intense (but not unexpected given the premise). The second part is an epic battle between mounds of chocolate and 3 sisters. I guess I'll find out what that chocolate plot line is in the next episode if I ever see it. The show is definitely similar to Haruhi and the animators probably knew it too. They even included a reference to that show by making one of the characters do the Haruhi dance.

The animation was good and I could see why people respect SHAFT, the studio behind this anime.

Post by Sonata (35,218 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I agree this show's first episode was kind of wierd didn't know what was going on. However the animation is beautiful to look at. 
Online Now

When I first watch the episode, I was so lost. 2nd episode clears things up a bit by explaining that Sasami has this god like power that can bend reality of some sorts. Sasami's older brother has the same voice as Jiraiya from the Naruto series.

Post by Sonata (35,218 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@takashichea: Ahh I see now lol, I'll give the second episode a try then.
Post by DocHaus (927 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Online Now

Only watched two episodes so far. Apparently the plot is that Sasami somehow got the power of the Japanese deity Amaterasu, some things happened that we don't know of yet, and she got rid of her god-power, but they just ended up in her brother's body by mistake (that Tsukuyomi surname probably has some significance) and now he's changing the world without realizing it. The three Yagami sisters are magical girls who are sent to clean up the messes that the gods unleash on the world (Japan?) because of Sasami or her brother. That's all I got so far.

Online Now

@DocHaus:

Oh that makes sense!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel