Pokemon Discussion

Topic started by takashichea on April 17, 2013. Last post by Daniel_Newton 1 year, 1 month ago.
Post by takashichea (12,423 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
Welcome to the Pokémon discussion thread.
Come here to chat about the latest episodes, the characters, plot, video games, or the series in general.

Genre: Comedy, Adventure

Plot: A young boy named Ash Ketchum embarks on a journey to become a "Pokemon Master" with his first Pokemon, Pikachu. Joining him on his travels are Brock, a girl-obsessed Rock Pokemon Trainer, and Misty, a tomboyish Water Pokemon Trainer who may have a crush on him. Ash and Co. end up traveling through various regions, including Kanto, the Orange Islands, and Johto, and then enter the Pokemon League competitions there. Along the way, they run into many confrontations with Jessie, James, and Meowth, a trio of Pokemon thieves who are apart of an evil organization called "Team Rocket". But everytime Team Rocket try to do their evil deeds, they fail thanks to Ash and his Pokemon.

— Anime News Network

Watch Online: Pokemon TV.US,

Featured Videos

Hot Discussion Topics

Wiki Section

Main Pages: Manga (Pokemon Adventures and its sequels) | Anime (and its latter seasons) | Franchise | Characters

To-Do List

Here's a list of things we want to do in the wiki, why not help cross some of them off? Also feel free to make suggestions.

• Create character pages and expand them.
  • Add images and summaries to episode pages.

Important Pages

When editing the wiki (particularly episode and volume pages) it's helpful to use this section as a reference guide.

Locations
When adding locations, don't forget to add parent locations. For example, when adding Japan to an episode or volume, Earth should also be added. Locations appearing in flashback sequences generally don't count.

Recurring Pages: Kanto (Pokémon World), Johto, Hoenn, Unova,

Objects
Objects should be specific rather than general, like Natsu's Scarf instead of just Scarf or Purgatory Armor instead of Plate Armor. General objects are being removed from the wiki.

Recurring Objects: Poké Ball, Pokédex, Evolution Stones, Poketch, Master Ball, Pokémon Egg, Pokémon Fossil,

Concepts

Common: Humans, Flashback,

Specific: Pokemon (every species is a concept), Legendary Pokémon,

Post by Acura_Max (2,341 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Woah. I had no idea that there was legal streaming for pokemon. I'm going to have to check this out.

Online Now

@Acura_Max:

Me either. I was looking high and low, and I never knew the Pokemon's official website had episodes. I was going to put down Cartoon Network, but they only show the new episodes of Black and White about 4 since they remove the older ones.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17

pretty cool! and plus the episodes seem to be watchable outside of the US as well! to be honest though, I stopped watching seriously after the Silver conference in Johto.

@Halberdierv2: I did as well. To me, that was a good ending for Pokemon. The only thing missing was the part where Ash and Misty confessed their feelings for each other like childhood fan fiction had dictated.

Online Now

@Halberdierv2:

Oh, you don't need to worry. You can talk about the games or go the hottest topics I linked. Though, that Digimon vs Pokemon is a pretty old news.

Oh, I need to find those links for those who watch Pokemon outside of the US.

@takashichea: the link works fine. Im actually surprised that it does work. also, check your twitter.

@Acura_Max: aw yeah, that was when it didn't feel so childish to watch it now. the story is a lot better, but it isn't serious enough to hold me.

on another note, what do you guys think of the new Mewtwo forme? Im disappointed that it isn't a new pokemon, and is honestly kinda nostalgia ruining seeing an epic legendary falling the way of alternate formes.

Online Now

@Halberdierv2:

This is what I think about Mewtwo's new form:

I share the same expressions as Ash.

@Acura_Max:

I quit Pokemon around the end of Johto, but I kept going when my little brother started to get interested in Sinnoh. Yeah, I actually skipped Hoenn, but I went back to watch it because of the Battle Frontier at Kanto. I got to see Ash use Charizard one more damn time.

@Halberdierv2: I think it looks fine and I don't mind that it's not a new pokemon. Then again, I had thought that Mewtwo was pretty ugly when I was younger (sorry Daniel).

@takashichea: I should have seen Sinnoh. the few episodes that I have seen of it are pretty good, especially when Cynthia appears; she has more swag Ash and her Garchomp is awesome.

Every time I watch pokemon, it seems like the only way to quit watching the series is to do mid season. The show has this really nasty trick where they give you a preview of the next generation's pokemon in the form of some random trainer (ex. Harrison and his Blaziken in the Jhoto region) who befriends Ash when he reaches the region's league. when I was a kid that got me every time and I would have to watch the next season to learn about the new pokemon.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,142 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I could re-watch the entire first season and the Orange Island. All the way until Ash sees Suicune, because I love that scene. If I had the patience to continue with ALL them episodes. I could possible watch that season as well.

The films, I've kept up with. Power of One is still my favourite.

Original team was, is and will always be the best.

Here it is. Fresh off the Pokemon Youtube Channel:

So yeah, I've watched an episode a day of Pokémon. On episode 6 for today. I'll try and do more episodes in the day because there is a long way to go until the first 2 seasons are finished.

Online Now

I can't believe Ash lost to Cameron, the scatter brained camper kid - who had five Pokemon. Though, I'm surprised that he had a Hydreigon and Riolu - who evolved. If Ash evolved his starters such as Snivy and Pignite, he would have won.

I think it's more or less down to him not having good tactics even with his experience. Sometimes he pulls off things that shouldn't be able to happen. Having Pikachu thunderbolt him and Swellow which supercharged them both.

Check out this thread. This guy plans to draw every Pokemon in existence in a goth style style.

Online Now

Well, I got to see Cheren in the English version. He look less serious than his trailer counterpart. His voice was fine.

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I haven't been able to catch any of this series

Online Now

@Jlynnana:

It doesn't have to be about the anime. You can talk about manga or anything Pokemon related if you like.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel