Pokémon Discussion (Anime)

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Sept. 8, 2013. Last post by NectariaKiritsi 5 months ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,237 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Welcome to the Pokémon anime discussion thread. Current series: Pokémon the Series: XY
Come here to chat about the latest episodes, the characters, plot, or the series in general.
Pokémon the Series: XY (ポケットモンスターXY Poketto Monsutā Ekkusu Wai)

Producer: OLM
Type: Adaptation of Video Games
Genres & Themes: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Plot: Pokémon The Series: XY is the seventeenth overall season and the first season of the Pokémon XY series. It features Ash Ketchum and Pikachu as they venture into the Kalos region to make new friends, catch new Pokémon, and make new rivals along the way to compete in the Kalos League and learning about the secrets of Mega Evolution.
The Pokémon Wiki

Watch Online:

Featured Videos

I really need to catch up with Pokémon. I started watching Best Wishes months ago and got around 20 episodes into it and then put it to one side. I was enjoying it so I'm not really sure why I stopped.

I wonder if the main reason they reintroduced Charizard was to have him mega evolve in the upcoming Pokémon XY series. If they don't do that now and Ash just sends all of his Pokémon away to start fresh again I'll be pretty annoyed.

Post by takashichea (13,135 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

I had a tradition where my little bro woke me up to watch Pokemon. Now, it pretty broke b/c of Church. I forget to watch Pokemon on CN's streaming site. Haven't finished Best Wishes. I stopped when they introduced N.

Wonder if Cilan and Iris would be in XY?

Posted the movie 16 English trailer here along with a few more details.

@takashichea said:

I had a tradition where my little bro woke me up to watch Pokemon. Now, it pretty broke b/c of Church. I forget to watch Pokemon on CN's streaming site. Haven't finished Best Wishes. I stopped when they introduced N.

Wonder if Cilan and Iris would be in XY?

Sounds like you got further than me, I don't think N was in it yet where I was up to. I was watching the fansub, I don't really like the voice actors in the dub, I prefer the originals from years ago.

Cilan and Iris aren't in XY, Ash goes there alone as far as I can tell. I think I read that Cilan goes to Johto and meets Brock there, don't know about Iris.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

New Video!

@takashichea: That's the same as one of the videos in the main post, it's a clean official version though so I'll switch it with the one I posted. Thanks!

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

Oh it was. I thought I double checked. I'm so scatterbrained. Looks like Iris and Cilan are parting ways. Brock visits Ash, so he can travel the land to see exotic women and Pokemon. (Maybe, he gets lucky?) That's my best guess.

@takashichea said:

Brock visits Ash, so he can travel the land to see exotic women and Pokemon.

Actually I'm pretty sure Brock and Ash don't meet up or they would have showed that in the video. I think I read something about Cilan going to Johto and meeting Brock there.

I was hoping Ash would go back to Kanto to visit home before starting his next journey, maybe pay Misty a visit or go to see his other Pokémon at Oak's lab. Looks like he's just going straight to the next region instead though, oh well.

A new teaser for XY came out today. Posted the details over here.

Looks like Serena actually knows Ash from his pre-trainer days. Childhood friend? New couple to ship? I'm actually pretty interested in learning about that bit of backstory! Citron looks like he'll be an interesting companion character with his inventions.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

Oh sweet, a new heroine! Looks like Iris is gone. That was only one region for her. I should add her to that Is Ash Ketchum going to be with Misty, May, or Dawn?. Oh crap, I can't change the title name.

Regions explored with Ash

• Misty - Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto
  • May - Hoenn, Kanto
  • Dawn - Sinnoh, ??? I don't remember
  • Iris - Unova
  • Sareena - Kalos

@takashichea: I wonder what Sarena's thing will be, I mean, May and Dawn entered Pokémon contests right? I guess Misty didn't really have a thing, she was essentially a Gym Leader like Brock just travelling with Ash without a specific goal.

I hope she doesn't do contests, that's been done enough.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

Since they stopped contests in the Diamond and Pearl, I don't think they come back. May thought she would be a Pokemon Trainer. After failing at it, she took a career change. Unlike May, Dawn had a clear goal to be a coordinator like her mother.

All the Women that Ash Lost

1. Misty
With Ash being so oblivious and Misty in self denial, the two are very close friends.
2. May
I don't remember anything. I say the two are just friends.
3. Dawn

The two argue a lot like a couple. Dawn finds Ash like a kid for not understanding romance or picking up hints. Ash finds Dawn annoying for only caring about her looks. After that, the two became friends.

4. Iris

Iris had no interest in Ash, but fans are crazy and ship the two. Like Dawn, Iris finds Ash like a kid.

5. Serena

Daniel guessed the two are childhood friends.

6. Anabel

Spoiler Alert After Ash's battle with Anabel, Anabel shook hands with Ash and was touched by his admiration for her. She was blushing. Uh-huh.

7. Furūra

Spoiler Alert Furura has a thing for Ash. It's too bad, she's a movie only character.

8. Latias
Online Now

I just realized Citron might fill Max's role for the anime if he joins Ash and Serena.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,174 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@takashichea: I liked the Furura - Misty dynamic.

@takashichea: That list looks so weird with Latias on the end (we need a proper character page for the movie Latias).

@Supreme Marvel said:

That's really played up in the English dub, in the original Japanese it's much more subtle. Actually, the Ash x Misty relationship in general is played up a lot more in the dub. I still like to think it's legit, though.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton said:

@takashichea: That list looks so weird with Latias on the end (we need a proper character page for the movie Latias).

@Supreme Marvel said:

That's really played up in the English dub, in the original Japanese it's much more subtle. Actually, the Ash x Misty relationship in general is played up a lot more in the dub. I still like to think it's legit, though.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen the Japanese versions of any of the Pokemon films. I guess Obsidian hasn't added Bianca for the fifth Pokemon movie. I'll do it, but it's questionable. I think it was Latias. We will never know.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton: @Supreme Marvel:

For Serena, I'm guessing her role might be Pokemon Cowgirl since Pokemon XY features Pokemon mounting. Or Pokemon Ranger, they haven't done that before. My gut tells me she's going to be trainer. Iris was weird. She just tagged along and participated in tournaments with Cilan. In fact, the Black and White series revolved around mini tournaments, and you have so many rivals.

Edit:

Didn't know Citron was a gym leader.

@takashichea: I'm pretty sure Bianca and Latias are separate characters. Latias just pretended to be Bianca, if I remember correctly. Latias could transform.

Online Now

I just realized I guess the wrong starter for Ash. I thought he went with Fenneke. My little sister, bro, and I made a bet. My sister was probably right with her guess, Froakie.

Edit:

What the fudge is this?

Online Now

Videos featuring Giovanni and Green

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel