Kill la Kill Discussion

Topic started by Acura_Max on Sept. 1, 2013. Last post by Dekken 6 days, 9 hours ago.
Post by takashichea (10,650 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I added the manga. I liked the art style.

Kill la Kill Volume 1
Kill la Kill Volume 1

Edit:

Finished the episode summary.

I liked this one comment in Crunchyroll. We have a Pokemon reference. Ryuko has to take on the Elite Four, and Ira's specialty is Bide.

Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Is it just me or the animation was extra smooth for this episode? In fact the whole episode was amazing. I can't wait for the next one.

Post by Dekken (329 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

I was expecting at least a Two Star student to make it to the Sudden Death Run Off, but at the end it was just the Elite Four and Ryuko.

It's hard to take Ira seriously when you see him with a ball gag in his mouth. He looks like a S & M Iron Man mummy.

Post by Marshal Victory (1,864 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Episode 9 should had a alternate title of " Binding of the Henti !!! " cause it sure wasnt taming of the shrew.

Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Watch Ryuko's ass in this week episode named: "whip it, whip it good!"

Post by Bigheart711 (3,669 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I actually had more fun catching up this time. Ira was a tough customer back there.

@takashichea: I bet there were more Pokemon jokes than they should back at CR. XD Based on Ira after Episode 9, I'd say he's Grass-type. Also, I think Hokua would be either Electric-type or Steel-type, Nonon would be Fairy-type and Uzu would by Psychic-type.

@Bigheart711:

Uzu should be a fighting type. He evolved and lost his eyes, so he's psychic and fighting since he can read your moves (similar to how psychics can read people's minds).

@takashichea: His psychic type should be secondary, then because of his sealed eyes.

@Bigheart711:

To add to Ira, he should be pure grass type in his Scourge form then in his Shackle Regalia form, he should grass and steel.

@bigz007: Wonder how many know the referance?

Young whIpersnapers might not know the song.

Good episode. Love Hiroyuki Sawano's soundtrack for Ragyo's debut. I don't think Nui is the murderer of Ryuko's father. That's my gut feeling.

Not to be a pervert. Is Nui wearing panties?

@takashichea: One should always assume yes.Least thats what im told.Tho im more worried where that heels been.

So coments on other forums say there have been a ton of other anime refernces in the series.Almost every show has a referance to a past anime.Im sure some one will compile the footnotes of it .12 was pretty good.Just when you think over the top they keep moving the top.

@takashichea: I'm still leaning more on Satsuki being the murderer than Nui since the silhouette of the escaping murderer doesn't match Nui. Also, I didn't notice that she went commando at all (Yikes).

from http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/12/21/video-the-kill-la-kill-half-way-point-playlist

the songs the titles are based on

1. If Only I Had Thorns Like a Thistle...""Azami no Gotoku Toge Areba"

2. "So Sexy She Might Pass Out" "Kizetsu Suru Hodo Nayamashii"

3. "Junketsu""Junketsu"

4. "Dawn of a Miserable Morning" "Totemo Fukō na Asa ga Kita"

5. "Trigger" "Hikigane"

6. "Don't Toy With Me on a Whim" "Kibun Shidai de Semenaide"

7. "A Loser I Can't Hate" "Nikumi Kirenai Rokudenashi"

8. "I Will Wipe My Own Tears" "Ore no Namida wa Ore ga Fuku"

9. "A Once in a Lifetime Chance" "Chansu wa Ichido"

10. "I Want to Know More About You" "Anata o Motto Shiritakute"

11. "I'm Not Your Cute Woman" "Kawaii Onna to Yobanai de"

12. "Spit Your Sadness Away" "Kanashimi ni Tsuba o Kakero"

Finished the episode but not the episode summary. Pretty grotesque with the blood bath. Mako's slapping scene was too long. Damn, I thought Nui wasn't the murderer, but this episode confirms she is the killer. The silhouette doesn't match, but oh well.

Post by whiskers (67 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@takashichea said:

I thought Nui wasn't the murderer, but this episode confirms she is the killer. The silhouette doesn't match, but oh well.

They cheated. As simple as that.

@whiskers:

Glad to see you here! How are you enjoying the series?

Post by whiskers (67 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@takashichea: Well, of these 12 episodes so far, I must say I found the first half to be downright entertaining, but unfortunately the other half felt a bit of a drag for me. I do like the main character very much, so I hope the rest of the show will prove to be worth watching.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel