Kill la Kill Discussion

Topic started by Acura_Max on Sept. 1, 2013. Last post by zaldar 4 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (14,466 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

When I transferring your creation section, I noticed this

A tie-in manga series illustrated by Ryou Akizuki began on October 4, 2013 in Kadokawa Shoten's Young Ace magazine.

Ryou Akizuki is linked to a character. I thought Kill la Kill didn't have a manga adaptation yet.

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,649 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
@takashichea
Oh, that's also the name of a manga artist. Not sure how I made that mistake.
Online Now

@FoxxFireArt:

Oh, I see. I'll fix it once I get Ep. 5 summary done tonight if I can. Looks like we have to add the manga artist.

Online Now

Do you want me to upload the episode 5 screenshots or do you want to take over? You surprised me last week. I figured we should let each other know. I don't mind the extra help.

Post by bigz007 (1,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: I can do it, no problem. I know you are super busy with your wiki work, so I like to jump in to help out whenever I can.

Online Now

@bigz007:

Thank you. I'll take next week's episode caps.

Post by AURON570 (573 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Haha just watched episode 3: so the gauntlet has been set. The whole "embodying" your clothing theme was great and fit nicely with the ideas I was throwing around earlier! The animation for the fight scene was top notch again. 20+ more episodes of this, oh man. xD

Edit: alright I just watched episode 4, Lol the snippets of classical music being thrown into this is funny. E.g. Handel's Hallelujah when Ryuko's pantsu are shown, Bach's Toccata and Fugue in d when the spiked loop is revealed, Chopin's Funeral March when Mako's dad and brother crash.

Post by Marshal Victory (2,664 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@AURON570: Wonder what coused them to use clasical music?Because of the music club .Or a nice play on classic music vs looney toon visuals ala bugs bunny.Either way it was a nice touch.

Online Now

@AURON570:

You should add it to the points of interest!

I added Crunchyroll's Pulp Fiction reference.

Post by AnimeReviewDaily (17 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Finally a discussion about Kill la Kill! My friends are so missing on a great show. Hope day change there mind.... Anyways I was wondering if there could be more references we could find in the past episodes. I also found the Pulp fiction reference too during episode 4.

Post by Sonata (35,691 posts) See mini bio Level 20

What I was afraid to happen has happened the last two episodes couldn't keep up the intensity from Episode 3. They were solid episodes, but nothing really stood out to me.

Online Now

It was a fun episode way better than episode 4. Tsumugu Kinagase is like the baby that Yoko and Kittan would have had.

@AnimeReviewDaily:

You're lucky you have friends to talk too outside of Anime Vice. I would kill to find folks. I noticed my little sister's friends were mostly into slice of life shows. I'm not a big fan of slice of life shows.

Auron570 found more references on the musical side.

this was my favorite scene:

ImageQuoteTime
Tsumugu: "I'll be back... to strip you tomorrow."
— Tsugumu's unfortunate implications
07:
Online Now
What's up Doc?
What's up Doc?
Post by AnimeReviewDaily (17 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Nah sometimes my friends don't even like the animes i even like which suck. I rather discuss kill la kill here than my friends cause

1. They don't like kill la kill

2. This discussion is awesome! And the fact seeing ryuko in her underwear is hot

Post by bigz007 (1,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea said:

@bigz007:

Thank you. I'll take next week's episode caps.

I'll leave it to you...

@takashichea said:

What's up Doc?
What's up Doc?

Senketsu's face to Ryuko's body... LOL !

Online Now

@bigz007:

Hopefully, we get Satsuki in the Megami or Nyantype magazines next month.

This episode took the longest to finished. I think I have to create all the Goku Uniforms as separate objects with Goku Uniform as hub. Added Three-Star Goku Uniform: Blade Regalia. Still watching episode 6.

I'm not sure what to do with the location snapshots for Honnouji Academy.

Uzu's Three-Star Goku Uniform: Blade Regalia MKII and the first one remind me of Takumu Mayuzumi's Cyan Pile. Both men are disciplined in the way of the kendo. Though, Cyan Pile doesn't use a kendo when wearing his armor.

I liked Uzu a lot.

Post by Dekken (528 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I just want to say that Uzu Sanageyama is awesome, he really needs a 4 Star Goku Uniform, he has too much power now.

Also I want to see the transformations of the other Elite 4, specially Ira.

Online Now

Ep. 7 was meh for me. Mako wasn't herself. I liked her when she is crazy. With her doing a serious role and showing us a moral and valuing friendship, it was way off for her character.

The episode reuses some scenes which is a bit annoying. The fight with Mako and Ryuko was boring.

Also, we have too many minor characters that were introduce in this episode. I'm getting them in the database.

Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Yo Anime Vice, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but....episode seven of Kill la Kill SUCKED!!!!!!!!

Online Now

Didn't know Ira was a masochist.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel