Kill la Kill Discussion

Topic started by Acura_Max on Sept. 1, 2013. Last post by zaldar 4 months, 1 week ago.
Post by bigz007 (1,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Satsuki - dat ass !!

@takashichea: It was Fiber. I made it as an aliases...

Post by takashichea (14,309 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@bigz007:

Okay, I'll change it. I was reading the page, and I used Fibers more than threads.

Satsuki is not even wearing anything for her butt. Well, it's technically a thong or whatever you folks call it.

Post by DocHaus (936 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Someone on (ugh) TV Tropes pointed out that the (Japanese) episode titles so far have all referenced '70s J-Pop songs. Don't know if this was planned or a coincidence, but here they are for the titles we know:

Finished ep. 3 summary. Man, I'm tired. I'm watching Legend of Korra while doing this. I had to take some breaks.

My favorite scenes:

Post by AURON570 (573 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Just watched ep 2. So the plot thickens as Senketsu was made by Ryuko's father. Looks like every time Ryuko beats a Goku-uniform-user a red thread goes into Senketsu. Possibly Senketsu is getting stronger, and there might be some dark secret to how the Goku uniforms are made.

Lol those authoritarian themes and stark class distinctions. Lol the vanity of clothing/uniform being the distinguishing factor of each class.

Someone commented on the episode that this series basically takes several anime tropes and blows them up to the extreme. Like bishonen, magical girl, revenge plots, huge shonen battle sequences etc. I agree, but the humor that results from this exaggeration is pretty shallow as a result... but maybe that's the point xD. I can tell Kill la Kill is going to be a fun rollercoaster ride, maybe like some of those R-rated Hollywood comedies/action flick B-movies? (sorry I don't know my film genres but maybe like something by Tarantino??) But at the same time this worries me.

Hmm.. i wonder if I watched FLCL now, if it I would be just as amazing as I was back when I first watched it.. maybe I'm getting too old for this. Lol Or maybe I'm just tired xD

EDIT: It just occurred to me after reading some earlier comments saying how the Kamui are alive. Perhaps this is some crazy metaphor for how our clothing is made from natural materials, some even killing live animals to make (animal furs, leather etc). That we should respect our clothing more and treat it like a living thing, that is separate from our bodies.

And THEN perhaps that is all just a crazy metaphor for how clothing can utterly transform a person's outward identity. The right clothes give a person "strength" or confidence that the person might otherwise not have. Like a kind of persona attached to the clothing. And then when Ryuko cuts up her enemy's clothes, it's really liberating them from the trappings of that fake persona! HAH! Then it would be hilarious if by the end of the series Ryuko destroys her own kamui, or goes on a rampage trying to destroy all the goku uniforms, since they can be so restrictive! And Ryuko even has to sacrifice blood for her clothes to "work". Kind of reminds me of women wearing high heels.. THE PAIN, oh god.

Post by ShrimpDino (77 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Kill La Kill is a awesome anime :D

I enjoy the action scenes,The funny scenes with Mako,and the Fanservice

Post by Marshal Victory (2,638 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@takashichea said:

@bigz007:

Okay, I'll change it. I was reading the page, and I used Fibers more than threads.

Satsuki is not even wearing anything for her butt. Well, it's technically a thong or whatever you folks call it.

Think your looking for " G string" .Thong would be wider if i recall corectly.

@Marshal Victory said:

@takashichea said:

@bigz007:

Think your looking for " G string" .Thong would be wider if i recall corectly.

It's kinda strange. Before you would have to slide a girls panties to see her butt, and now you have to slide a girls butt to see her panties.

Post by Sonata (35,688 posts) See mini bio Level 20

At first I wasn't really sure about Mako, but after 3 episodes she has grown on me lol.

Post by Acura_Max (2,431 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Sonata said:

At first I wasn't really sure about Mako, but after 3 episodes she has grown on me lol.

I nominate this pretty thing for the next caption contest.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,296 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Acura_Max: Ha, that's definitely a strong contender, thanks! There are lots of great Kill la Kill caps I could use, it'll be tough to choose...

@bigz007: Hehe .The irony is strong an true in that statment.

Walkure Romanze had another odd panty / thong thing last episode.The "knight " who challegend the waitress over her skirt geting tore off by a horse an showing her lacy panties.To which shes embaressed by.Ends up fighitng in plate armor but with a thong.I think that was the set up gag Which makes less sence for the shows big moment.

This keeps up ecchi may end up being the butt of some jokes... err :)

@Marshal Victory: @bigz007:

Can't believe I learned something new about women's garments in an anime discussion. I think I see more ass (and definitely more crotch shots) in Wanna be the Strongest than Kill la Kill and Walkure.

@Sonata:

I loved Mako, too!

Marshal, let's talk over at the Walkure Romanze Discussion. I was looking for folks to chat with.

@takashichea: Now unless im mistaaken from most coverage to least it would be ...

Granny bloomers like Rosette Christopher wears to shorts that Mikoto Misaka wears. Then panties type plus or minus stripes an animals like seen on Yukina Himeragi .With lace its less coverage tho.Then you have loin cloth like sumo loin cloth like Matabei Gotou wears . Then from here we can actualy be spliting hairs so to speek on whats what. Tho in general Bikini to Thong to String Bikini to G- String .Plus you can have a G-String Bikini or a G-String Thong ( which has even less coverage in front).

Im sure their is more tween those points .Thats just a genral list.Moslty i know about this stuff not just from when i used to draw alot.But from the years i lived with my x an helping raise her two girls.They had a bad habit to call mens/boys underware panties.But as they got older could name you all the types of female underware.An let me tell you its ruff trying to explain to a 13 year old she realy doesnt need G-String underwear.Cause the "popular" girls wear them.

An now for useless trivia. Before ww2 panties in japan were rare.Women mostly went koshimaki or comando.More here http://www.jref.com/japan/society/japanese_underwear.shtml This article kinda explains to me why they use pantie gags in anime.

@DocHaus said:

Someone on (ugh) TV Tropes pointed out that the (Japanese) episode titles so far have all referenced '70s J-Pop songs. Don't know if this was planned or a coincidence, but here they are for the titles we know:

You should add that to the franchise or anime series wiki page!

There are many things (and assets) that are grabbing fans attention in Kill la Kill, but the ending theme in Gomen ne, Iiko Jya Irarenai. (Sorry, I can't Be A Good Girl Any Longer) is also stimulating the hearts of older fans for its retro melody and footage for a good reason! A fan in Japan identified the source of the video to be the theme of the J-drama Sukeban Deka (translation would be Delinquent Girl Detective from Wikipedia) in 1985.

Via Crunchyroll

Episode 4 is silly fun. I liked it that they didn't go with monster or uniform of the week trope after episode 3 where Ryuko vow to take down every follower of Satsuki's.

@Sonata:

Thanks for the bump! It may be fake, but hell, it looks awesome.

@Sonata: I agree it looks great.:)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel