Kill la Kill Discussion

Topic started by Acura_Max on Sept. 1, 2013. Last post by zaldar 3 weeks, 1 day ago.
Post by takashichea (11,899 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Sonata:

Was Gurren Lagann's fan service over the top for you?

Edit:

In comparison to Kill la Kill.

Post by Sonata (35,339 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: I'm like most people I don't fanservice that seems to be forced down your throat in an essentially non-ecchi anime. Gurren Lagann had points where the fan service wasn't really needed.

@Sonata:

I'm that way, too. Fan service shouldn't forced. Of all the shows I watched, I say Binbougami ga did fan service well.

@takashichea: I agree, Ryuko for the most part fights half-naked anyway, so having multiple scenes with her with a towel falling down while we don't see anything becomes pointless over time.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,195 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Added a new portrait for Satsuki:

Anyone else think she might be Ryuko's long-lost older sister or something? They look similar enough and it would explain why she also has a kamui.

Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18

If you think about it Ryuko from Kill la Kill did in episode one something no one has done yet in Attack On Titan: managed to get down to dad's basement.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,381 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Got some more images from the episode 3 preview

@KingOfAsh:

I approved KingofAsh's object page without watching episode 3 yet. I'll recycle it and readd it as a concept page. Thanks for correction, Foxx.

Moving the conversation here.

@FoxxFireArt said:

Seeing how Kamui are living beings, these should be classified as a Concept and not and Object page. They are living creatures that just happen to be worn.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I attached it to episode 3. Looks like you're taking care of it.

oh wait is the one taking care of it, my bad. That was fast Taka :)

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 25
I just got done watching episode 3. I hope we can have a LOT of screen grabs for that episode. So many amazing scenes and images. That fight was intense!

The line on Kamui is a bit vague. Goku Uniforms and Kamui are made from Life Tigers, but the Kamui are alive and can talk. I expect Junketsu will talk at some point. Concept just seems more fitting.

Haven't finished watching ep. 3 yet. Been creating wiki pages and uploading new shots. I hope RC will get most of them. Otherwise, I have to do it myself.

Don't know if I have enough time to work on the plot summary today. Got one more test tomorrow.

Mako remind me of that girl from Speed Racer.

Edit:

Foxx: I uploaded the screenshots. I have to quit for the day.

Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Only three episodes and Kill la Kill has someone doing potato art. Anime of the Year, all Years.

Also, Mako's going to turn out to be the real final boss at the end of the show.

I have never seen a show with such ridiculous, revealing attire.

When Acura Max asked me about fan service, I said Kill la Kill's fan service was tamer than Gurren Lagann. Well, I was so wrong when episode 3 aired.

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 25
@takashichea
So, you've never watched QUEEN'S BLADE or seen the comic WARLORD OF MARS?

I wouldn't be surprised if the clothes do grow more.

That battle was so epic. You'd see action like that in a final episode, but this was Ep. 3. Just imagine the rematch.
Post by Dekken (365 posts) See mini bio Level 20

After watching episode 3, it seems that the club captains with 2 star uniforms have no chance against Ryuko, so I suppose they're going to attack her in packs.

Or maybe Fukuroda and Hakodate were the weakest club captains in the Honnouji Academy, with Hakodate it makes sense because (unfortunately) she didn't had much time to train with her 2 star uniform.

Episode 3 was epic as hell had to watch it twice.

@FoxxFireArt:

I heard of Queen Blade but not Warlord. I never watched them. When I recalled Queen Blade (because @Sonata: and I were uploading official art), I did remember the crazy, revealing armor. Thanks for the reminder.

@Daniel_Newton:

Was it Life Threads or Fiber? I was looking at it. Why did I use Fibers? I check Crunchyroll. I'm brain dead right now.

@DocHaus:

Aw man, I would love to go for some hash browns. Haven't ate anything yet today.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel