Devil Survivor 2: The Animation Discussion

Topic started by Bigheart711 on April 5, 2013. Last post by Supreme Marvel 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by Bigheart711 (4,184 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Welcome to the Devil Survivor 2: The Animation discussion thread!
Come here to chat about the latest episodes, the characters, the personae creatures and demons, the plot, or the series in general. This page will be updated when possible!

About this Series...

Genres: Action, Horror

Themes: Monsters

Alias: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2

After an high schooler gets an e-mail about a death-predicting site, many monsters and demons start to emerge all over the country. From a pact, He and a group of friends obtain the power to summon monsters of their own to stop the offending monsters. (via Anime Vice)

Wiki Section

Main Pages: Manga | Anime | Franchise | Characters

To-Do List

Here's a list of things we want to do in the wiki, why not help cross some of them off? Also feel free to make suggestions.

• Attach episode images to character pages
  • Add characters and synopsis to the volume pages
  • Adding any profile pictures to the characters
  • Adding specific concepts if possible

Important Pages

When editing the wiki (particularly episode and volume pages) it's helpful to use this section as a reference guide.

Locations
When adding locations, don't forget to add parent locations. For example, when adding Japan to an episode or volume, Earth should also be added. Locations appearing in flashback sequences generally don't count.

Recurring Pages: Japan

Objects
Objects should be specific rather than general, like Natsu's Scarf instead of just Scarf or Purgatory Armor instead of Plate Armor. General objects are being removed from the wiki.

Recurring Objects:

Concepts

Common: Humans, Unreal Hair/Eye Color, Simulcast, Japanese Honorifics, Demons, Summon

Specific: Devil Survivors (Team), Nincaea

Notable Pages and Blogs

My Journey into Devil Survivor 2 The Animation: Ep. 1 by MetalSnakeZero

Post by takashichea (13,862 posts) See mini bio Level 25

All right, I finish watching the first episode. It was interesting to see an APP that predicts your death, and it freaking comes true. There is sexy bunny girl showcasing it.

I'm hook on the anime series.

Edit:

I'm have never played any of the Atlus games, so I'm new to this anime series.

Post by Bigheart711 (4,184 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea: I feel the same since I haven't played either Devil Survivor game, but I played the Persona games from 3 onwards, which was why I was able to recognize some of the monsters.

Post by DocHaus (935 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Quoting an ADTRW thread summary of this story:

Devil Survivor is more like traditional SMT games and the majority of spin-offs where the basic plot is that something happens that completely fucks up the world and tons and tons of people are dying horrible deaths, and you get to summon demons so you have the luxury of not dying as fast. Devil Survivor 2 follows a main group of 3 high-schoolers and then a wide supporting cast. A big part of Devil Survivor 2 is that the main characters receive mail from a website called Nicaea that is nice enough to let them view their friends murders in gruesome detail, thanks Nicaea! The main character and his pals get the power of demons so they can stop these horrible murders from actually taking place, and also to live long enough to figure out why demons are popping up and why the world has gone to shit!

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Bigheart711 said:

@takashichea: I feel the same since I haven't played either Devil Survivor game, but I played the Persona games from 3 onwards, which was why I was able to recognize some of the monsters.

The SMT franchise as a whole has maintained the same aesthetic for their demons / personas / what have you for the many games now. Well, its not as if Byakko is ever going to not look like a white tiger though.

In episode 3, we lost one guy. I noticed in the ending credits that he was missing. Weird. Got some of the RPG vibe with Hinako's revealing clothing that didn't match everyone else in the group. Kishi's scene with his monsters was a bit surprising but funny. I hope they don't kill Kishi.

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Well, for astronomy nerds out there, I guess episode 5 has just spoiled a plot point.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,216 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Is this a second season?

@Supreme Marvel:

Don't let the 2 throw you off. It was based on an Atlus game, Devil Survivors 2. They never did an anime adaptation for the first game.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,216 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@takashichea: Sound. I was a bit worried.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel