The content below is entirely editable.
Fire Type Pokémon was one of the original 14 Types. Their moves were regarded as special attack until Generation IV where moves are designated as either physical or special, independent of its type.
All Fire Type Pokémon are immune to burn, a flame attribute, status ailment that chips HP every turn.
In Generation I, Fire Type moves were super-effective against Bug, Grass, and Ice Type Pokémon, and in Generation II, Steel Type Pokémon were introduced along with a weakness to Fire Type Moves. In all generations, Fire Type Moves were ineffective against Dragon, Rock, Fire, and Water Type Pokémon.
In Generation 1, Fire Type Pokémon had 3 resistances to Bug, Fire, and Grass Type moves. Then, in Generation II, they gained a resistance to Ice and Steel, totaling up to 5 resistances. In Generation VI, they gained another resistance to Fairy Type moves which currently gives them a grand total of 6 resistances.
For weakness, Fire Type Pokémon are weak against Ground, Rock, and Water Type moves. Their weaknesses hasn't change throughout six generations.
In Generation III, Fire Type moves were designated as beauty moves until Generation IV introduces smart and tough Fire Type moves.
- Blaine - Cinnabar Island Gym (Kanto region)
- Flannery - Lavaridge Gym (Hoenn region)
- Flint - Sinnoh Elite Four
- Chili - Striaton Gym (Unova region)
- Malva - Kalos Elite Four
- Blaze - When 1/3 of HP is left, Fire Type moves are augmented.
- Dry Skin - Under Sunny Day, Pokémon will lose 1/2 of its maximum HP every turn. Under Rainy Day, the opposite occurs. Fire Type moves cause 25% more damage while Water Type moves restores HP by 1/4 of its maximum HP.
- Flame Body - When an enemy makes physical contact with a
Pokémon who has this ability, the enemy might be afflicted with burn.
- Flash Fire - When hit by Fire Type moves, its Fire Type Moves' power increase by 1.5x.
- Heatproof - Halves Fire Type moves and damage done by burn status ailment.
- Magma Armor - Prevents Pokémon from being frozen.
- Thick Fat - Halves both Fire Type and Ice Type moves.
- White Smoke - Prevents stat reductions.
Since Fire Type Pokémon are immune to burn, Flame Body doesn't affect them. The following abilities are exclusive to Fire Type Pokémon which does not signature abilities: Blaze, Flame Body Flash Fire, Magma Armor, and White Smoke.
Primary Dual Type
- Charizard - Fire/Flying
- Moltres - Fire/Flying
- Magcargo - Fire/Rock
- Ho-Oh - Fire/Flying
- Combusken - Fire/Fighting
- Blaziken - Fire/Fighting
- Numel - Fire/Ground
- Camerupt - Fire/Ground
- Monferno - Fire/Fighting
- Infernape - Fire/Fighting
- Heatran - Fire/Steel
- Pignite - Fire/Fighting
- Emboar - Fire/Fighting
- Darmanitan (Zen Mode) - Fire/Psychic
- Delphox - Fire/Psychic
- Fletchinder - Fire/Flying
- Talonflame - Fire/Flying
- Litleo - Fire/Normal
- Pyroar - Fire/Normal
Mega Charizard X is the only Primary Dual Type and Mega Pokemon whose secondary type changed, Dragon.
Secondary Dual Type
- Houndour - Dark/Fire
- Houndoom - Dark/Fire
- Rotom (Heat Form) - Electric/Fire
- Victini - Psychic/Fire
- Litwick - Ghost/Fire
- Lampent - Ghost/Fire
- Chandelure - Ghost/Fire
- Larvesta - Ghost/Fire
- Primal Groudon - Ground/Fire
- Volcarona - Bug/Fire
- Reshiram - Dragon/Fire
- Sunny Day - For five turns, it can augment fire type moves.
- Will-O-Wisp - Inflicts burn status.
- Blaze Kick - Can occasionally land a critical hit and leave the target with burn.
- Fire Fang - Can make the target burn or flinch.
- Fire Punch - Can make the target burn.
- Flame Charge - Raises user's speed.
- Flame Wheel - Can make the target burn.
- Flare Blitz - Causes recoil damage to user while occasionally inflict burn.
- Heat Crash - The more the user outweighs the target, the greater the damage.
- Sacred Fire - Can make the target burn.
- V-create - It lowers user's defense, special defense, and speed by one stage.
- Blast Burn - User must rest on the next turn after using this move.
- Blue Flare - Can leave the target with burn.
- Ember - Can leave the target with burn.
- Eruption - The lower the user's HP, the less powerful the attack becomes.
- Fiery Dance - Can raise the user's special attack.
- Fire Blast - Can leave the target with burn.
- Fire Pledge - Its damage increases with used with Grass Pledge in double or triple battles at the same time. If used with Water Pledge at the same time in double or triple battles, it will double the attack but as Water Pledge. A rainbow will appear on the user's side for 4 turns which increases the chance of secondary effects taking place.
- Fire Spin - Can damage the target for 4 to five turns. Prevents target from switching out.
- Flame Burst - Can cause damage to adjacent Pokemon in double or triple battle.
- Flamethrower - Can make the target burn.
- Fusion Flare - Damage increases when influenced by enormous thunderbolt.
- Heat Wave - Can hit both targets and may leave the target with burn.
- Incinerate - Burns any berries an opponent carries.
- Inferno - Can make the target burn.
- Lava Plume - Can make the target burn.
- Magma Storm - Can cause damage to user for 4-5 turns.
- Mystical Fire - Can lower target's Special Attack stat.
- Overheat - Can lower user's special attack by two stages.
- Searing Shot - May leave the target with a burn.