Hello everyone, I'm Taka, a wiki editor who is a big Fairy Tail fan. I would do this in the Fairy Tail Discussion (Anime) threads, but I didn't want to bore folks with the wiki. Plus, this is something I need to address. While I was approving wiki edits being a new mod, I seen folks asking me to change names of the characters such as Fairy Tail and Naruto. The mods told me that we use official translations from official manga publishing companies if possible. Not all manga series are licensed. And not all licensed manga series are available in other countries.
Sources for you to check
- Official Manga Website or Publishing Companies (IE: Viz Media) - This is a viable option for those who don't have access to the hard copies.
- Anime News Network - same as above
- Public Library
I didn't put down Wikipedia because sometimes they use names spelled differently from the official publishers.
Yesterday, I took a trip to the public library, and I didn't know where to start. I just took the most recent volumes that were available. In the future, I just visit Barnes and Noble. Though, I won't be able to scan the manga pages. My camera cannot zoom in close to capture the text. Sometimes, the official websites have those solicits, short manga synopsis, that may have the names.
- Tenrou Island is translated as Sirius Island. I was surprised since Crunchyroll used Tenrou Island.
- Meldy was Meredy in Fairy Tail Wikia. When I check the hard copies, I see they changed to Merudy.
- Ultear is Ultear Milkovich. I think we forgot to add her last name. I will do that since I'm now a mod.
- Checked Zoldeo. It's Zoldio.
- Gildartz Clive changed to Gildarts Clive
This is a shout out to active Fairy Tail editors in the community.