Natsu, Happy, Wendy, and Charle learn more about Edolas and the members of Edolas Fairy Tail, especially their reversed personalities. Natsu learns this the hard way when Edo-Lucy tortures him with her aggressive techniques and even demonstrates her dominance over him after beating him to a pulp for talking back to her. However, when Lisanna appears to stop Edo-Lucy from bullying him, Natsu's mind drifts through a series of flashbacks about his childhood with Lisanna in Earthland. As Natsu and Happy try to hug her, Edo-Lucy restrains him while Edo-Gray tries to console him. Soon after, when word came that the Fairy Hunter was about to attack the guild, Levy manages to relocate them to safety. Natsu and the group then become shocked upon learning that this "Fairy Hunter" is none other than Erza of Edolas, an enemy of Fairy Tail.
Natsu gets an unexpected hug from Edo-Lucy
Natsu, Wendy, Happy and Charle are seen in Edolas' Fairy Tail with frightened looks over Lucy's counterpart. As Wendy comments that Edo-Lucy is scary, the latter approaches the team and inquires as to who they are and what they're doing here. She then takes a closer look at Natsu and gleams with joy over his return with a big hug and one of her torturing techniques. As Happy voices his confusion over the inverted personalities of their well known friends, he becomes even more perplexed upon witnessing Mirajane's appearance, who hasn't seemed to have changed at all. The rest of the guild then notice Charle and Happy and step back in shock, wondering why two Exceed are here. However, Mirajane approaches the cats and states that they only look like Exceed.
After observing their friends, Wendy notices that Erza's missing and the group then conjure up ideas as to what the Edolas Erza must be like. Meanwhile, a woman with a spear in hand rides on a giant creature towards their direction. Back at the guild, as Edo-Lucy tries to fight Natsu, the boy talks back to her which prompts her to beat him to a pulp. Lisanna then appears and tells Edo-Lucy to stop bullying Natsu, prompting a surprised looked from the Dragon Slayer. Him and Happy then begin to tear up upon seeing her, with Natsu recalling all the memories of Lisanna. He starts to remember the first time he met her, the time she teased him to be his wife, the time she welcomed him home with Happy's egg, the time she arranged flowers for Elfman's Parakeet's grave, the time she asked him to make her grave if she were to die, the time Mirajane and Elfman informed the guild of Lisanna's death, and the time when he built her grave.
Edo-Lucy orders Edo-Levy to activate the transmission machine
Happy and Natsu then try to hug Lisanna but Edo-Lucy kicks them to the side and scolds their beast-like behavior. After pointing to an aged Wendy, Charle begins to explain that these people are not the friends they know from Earthland. In fact, she states, they are people of Edolas, a parallel world. While attempting to leave and find the Royal City, Nab runs into the guild and announces that the Fairy Hunter is coming causing everyone to panic. With the team confused as to what's going on, Edolas Wendy explains that they are a Dark Guild since all guilds have been abolished by the kingdom. Levy then activates a machine to relocate the guild, allowing them to escape right in the nick of time.
Erza Knightwalker, the enemy of Fairy Tail.
The Fairy Hunter, who arrives, realizes that she had missed the guild while one of her colleagues shows up beside her and informs that the Earthland Fairy Tail has been transformed into a giant Lacrima and that all commanders are to return to the city. Elsewhere, Fairy Tail, along with all its members, emerge from the ground, completing its relocation. The mages then explain to Natsu, Wendy, Charle and Happy that the Fairy Hunter is one of the Royal Army's captains known as Erza Knightwalker, the Edolas version of Erza, much to their disbelief.
Points of Interest
- Natsu created another copy of Lisanna's grave and placed it in front of a straw hut so that she would always face the sunset.
- Edolas Erza (a.k.a. Erza Knightwalker) makes her first appearance and is revealed to be the enemy of Edolas Fairy Tail.
- Sugarboy, a general of the Royal Army, makes his first appearance.
- Edo-Lucy is still unaware that Natsu is from Earthland and proceeds to bully him like she does to Edo-Natsu.
- Edolas Fairy Tail uses a transmission magic circle (which is activated by a machine) to transport the entire guild to another location, especially when they are attacked by the Fairy Hunter.
Edolas Fairy Tail Points of Interest
- Lisanna makes her first appearance after dying two years ago.
- Edolas Levy and Lucy hate each other.
- Edolas Levy is a mechanic and has a short temper whereby she tends to say "You suck!" after lashing out at one of her guildmates.
- Edolas Mirajane is the same as her Earthland counterpart.
- Edolas Wendy seems to be the only one with a visible age difference from her Earthland counterpart.
- It seems that Edolas Gray and Edolas Natsu get along well (as stated by Edo-Lucy) unlike their counterparts who always argue and fight.
- Edolas Lucy seems to be stronger than her Earthland counterpart considering that she managed to pummel Natsu quite easily (with her numerous torturing techniques), causing him to shiver in fear.
Manga & Anime Differences
- In the anime, Natsu, Wendy and Happy conjure up their own ideas of what the Edolas Erza would be like with Natsu imagining her as submissive and apologetic, Happy imagining her as loyal and calling him "Master", and Wendy imagining her as a baker who would bake any cake she wanted. However, none of these odd predictions come close (thankfully).
- The anime has added extra scenes with regards to the Edolas characters and a flashback when Natsu first heard the news of Lisanna's death.
- In the manga, the Edolas Fairy Tail did not ask who the cats were whereas in the anime, Happy and Charle manage to frighten the guild until someone mentioned that they only look like Exceed.
- Lisanna's dress is altered slightly in both versions. Notice in the manga, Lisanna is showing more leg but on her thigh, a Fairy Tail stamp is revealed. Also, she has the same location as Mirajane's fairy stamp. It's a subtle foreshadowing.