Five Kage Summit Arc
Enter the Five Kage! - 五影登場! (Gokage Tōjō!)
The Five Kage head out towards the Land of Iron for the Five Kage Summit where they plan to discuss the actions of the Akatsuki and what they will do about them.
"Diver" by NICO Touches the Walls
"Orchestra of Midnight" by Aqua Timez
Points of Interest
- The character of Kurotsuchi is introduced in this episode. She is similar to Naruto in that she calls the Tsuchikage, "じじ (jiji)"; which means "Gramps" or "Old-man". Though unlike Naruto, she does this because Onoki actually is her grandfather.
- As the Hidden Mist village delegates are leaving, Ao uses the word 根気が (konki ga), which means "tenacity" or "energy". He's expressing frustration that the youth of the era don't have enough tenacity. The Mizukage, Mei Terumi, mishears this as 婚期が (konki ga) which means "a marriageable age". One of the Mist Villagers tells Ao to stop lecturing since they are going to 遅れる (okuneru), "fall behind" or "be late". In Mei's state of mind, she added this to 婚期が....遅れる (konki ga....okuneru), which means to of, "fallen behind a marriageable age" or "too old for marriage". This is a pun on the two phrases that are pronounced the same way, but spelled differently with kanji.
- Later in this same episode, Ao asks about the meal they are going to have tonight by using the term 今夜食う(konya kuu), which means "eat tonight" or "tonight's meal". Mei hears this as 婚約 (konyaku), which means "engagement". Ao goes on to yell at Chojuro for his generation lacking any 覇気 (haki), which means "ambition". Mei hears this as 破棄 (haki), which means to "discard" or an " annulment". These are more puns on similar phrases that are spelled differently.
- The original subtitles that were used on the Crunchyroll airing, replaced the actual translation of 今夜食う(konya kuu) to mean "engaging", and replaced 覇気 (haki) to mean "void". This was to help in the translation of these pun jokes.
- The full sentence Mei Terumi is thinking is 婚約・色々ありまして結局...破棄? (konyaku, iruiru arimashite kekkyoku...haki?).This literally translates to "Engagements. A lot of them are annulled?" This was translated for the original Crucnhyroll subtitles as "My Engagement. In the end, it was...void?".
Moves This Episode
Wind Style - Streams
|Naruto Uzimaki||Sexy Jutsu (results unseen)|
|Konohamaru Sarutobi||Sexy Jutsu (results unseen)|
|Yamato||Earth Style - Hidden in Stones Jutsu|
|Suigetsu Hozuki||Water Transformation Jutsu|
|Sai||Beasts Imitation Picture - Messenger Hawk|