Have you ever cried while watching/playing Clannad?

Topic started by hazelnutman on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by Death_Flame 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Swallowing my pride, I'll say that I've cried probably around 7 times now playing the visual novel and watching the anime/movie.

The way they focus on the traumas and problems of individual characters gets to me every time ;_;
Post by DualReaver (136 posts) See mini bio Level 4
I've never even heard of this before. :P
Post by MasturbatingBear (118 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I cry every night, but thats for other reasons. Mainly because I, like DualReaver, have never heard of this before. can you tell me?
Post by Atsuma_Akubara (194 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I'll swallow my pride and say I cry every time I find out I don't know what this is. What is it?
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
It's basically a slow-paced high school, slice-of-life, drama.

A delinquent student dude meets a sweet girl who is left behind by her friends who have graduated due to her being sick for months and having to repeat the senior year.

So to make her feel better, he tries to help her re-establish the drama club. Along the way, they meet a bunch of characters whom they help out (each having their own individual problems). There are about 2-5 episodes average focused on a character (sometimes even minor characters), and this is the magical part for me. The world feels so fleshed out this way.

Of course, there's also the OMGWTFWHY-KEY?!WHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! moments as well.

EDIT: Oh right. There are two seasons to this anime. The first has 23 episodes (24 if you count the OVA featuring an alternative world of who the main character is dating). The second season is still being aired called Clannad: After Story and is planned to have 24 episodes. Since it's based on Key's original visual novel, the second season should be the last (plot reaches its end during After Story).
Post by MasturbatingBear (118 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Atsuma_Akubara said:
"I'll swallow my pride and say I cry every time I find out I don't know what this is. What is it?"
probably something really sad if this dudes crying from it.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
hazelnutman said:
"Swallowing my pride, I'll say that I've cried probably around 7 times now playing the visual novel and watching the anime/movie.

The way they focus on the traumas and problems of individual characters gets to me every time ;_;"
I did watch it but i didnt cry and if you wanna stop crying go watch the end of School Days J/K XD
Post by Axersia (228 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I didn't think Clannad had as much memorable and sad moments as Kanon.

The only scenes that really stuck with me were those in Fuuko's arc and Katsuki/Misae's arc (in Clannad After Story).

But I'm a really cold person (hence the "Evil" alignment), and no anime has ever made me cry before.
Post by Atsuma_Akubara (194 posts) See mini bio Level 6
MasturbatingBear said:
"Atsuma_Akubara said:
"I'll swallow my pride and say I cry every time I find out I don't know what this is. What is it?"
probably something really sad if this dudes crying from it."
I know it is. It's just so hard.
Post by Xero (12 posts) See mini bio Level 1
The ep i saw was kinda funny
Post by MasturbatingBear (118 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I just cry a lot anyway. Lots o problems over here.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Axersia said:
"I didn't think Clannad had as much memorable and sad moments as Kanon.

The only scenes that really stuck with me were those in Fuuko's arc and Katsuki/Misae's arc (in Clannad After Story).

But I'm a really cold person (hence the "Evil" alignment), and no anime has ever made me cry before."
Yeah, the Fuuko arc was my favorite. Speaking of her, the icon bug's been fixed, so I can finally put up my Fuuko icon :)

But I'm surprised. Given the amount of anime you've watched, I thought at least one of them had gotten to you! :o
Post by Axersia (228 posts) See mini bio Level 11
hazelnutman said:
"Axersia said:
"I didn't think Clannad had as much memorable and sad moments as Kanon.

The only scenes that really stuck with me were those in Fuuko's arc and Katsuki/Misae's arc (in Clannad After Story).

But I'm a really cold person (hence the "Evil" alignment), and no anime has ever made me cry before."
Yeah, the Fuuko arc was my favorite. Speaking of her, the icon bug's been fixed, so I can finally put up my Fuuko icon :)

But I'm surprised. Given the amount of anime you've watched, I thought at least one of them had gotten to you! :o"
Ah, you've looked through my list of anime? Yeah, I've watched quite a bit, haven't I? ^_^;

Well, I guess I'll admit that all anime based on Key's visual novels have made my eyes slightly more moist than usual, but that's it. Not enough to form a tear. :)
Post by xau (4 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Only watched Clannad season 1. Never cried, but got tears welling up? I'm a guy...

Fukko scene made me go teary eyed.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Axersia said:
"hazelnutman said:
"Axersia said:
"I didn't think Clannad had as much memorable and sad moments as Kanon.

The only scenes that really stuck with me were those in Fuuko's arc and Katsuki/Misae's arc (in Clannad After Story).

But I'm a really cold person (hence the "Evil" alignment), and no anime has ever made me cry before."
Yeah, the Fuuko arc was my favorite. Speaking of her, the icon bug's been fixed, so I can finally put up my Fuuko icon :)

But I'm surprised. Given the amount of anime you've watched, I thought at least one of them had gotten to you! :o"
Ah, you've looked through my list of anime? Yeah, I've watched quite a bit, haven't I? ^_^;

Well, I guess I'll admit that all anime based on Key's visual novels have made my eyes slightly more moist than usual, but that's it. Not enough to form a tear. :)
"
Actually, I think I remember you posting a link to your anime list on myanimelist a while ago on GiantBomb (a "do you watch anime" thread I believe).

I guess I should transfer my anime list to here soon eh?
Post by ZoidsPilot100 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Fuuko was the worst character on the show, I don't see why anyone likes a retarded girl.

Kyou is my favorite and she doesn't even get an arc in the show! Storage room scene = win.
Tomoyo After OVA made me get manly wet eyes.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I'm not really into those kinds of shows, and even less into galges. I've never seeneither,  I never plan on seeing either, and thus I've never cried during either.
Post by oslapedo (66 posts) See mini bio Level 4
I haven't seen Clannad yet but it looks really sweet.

I have cried during Kanon though ;_;
Post by Knil (18 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I must I got a bit teary-eyed at least twice during the original series and the OVA got me twice within itself.
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8
hazelnutman said:
"Swallowing my pride, I'll say that I've cried probably around 7 times now playing the visual novel and watching the anime/movie.

The way they focus on the traumas and problems of individual characters gets to me every time ;_;"
i respect that
Top Editors
Top Posters
hazelnutman
5 posts
MasturbatingBear
3 posts
Black_Rose
3 posts
Void_Wizard
2 posts
Knil
2 posts
Atsuma_Akubara
2 posts
PureRok
2 posts
Axersia
2 posts
Chengy
2 posts
xau
1 posts
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel