Super Duper Mini Review
Chrono Crusade, aka Chrno Crusade, is an anime based on the manga of the same name, which was written by Daisuke Moriyama. The show has 24 episodes and was produced by Gonzo.
Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, romance, supernatural
Themes: demons, girls with guns, historical, religion, sad, tragedy
The year is 1928 A.D. The place is New York, U.S.A. The economic prosperity brought forth after the Great War also heightened the presence of something far darker and much more sinister: the demonic Sinners. The Magdalene Order is an organization that tries to counter this force. Two of its exorcists are Rosette Christopher and her assistant, Chrono. Both appear out of place in an organization like this, and they are in a quest to find Rosette's missing brother, Joshua. Their relationships, secrets and fates can only be revealed in time...
- A solid cast of characters. Really enjoyed the main baddy.
- The 1920s with a splash of supernatural themes makes the show have a neat atmosphere.
- Neat concepts used with the whole supernatural thing.
- Not a fan of the ending. The ending reminds of the ending of the Negima! anime and the Kurokami anime. If you have seen those shows, then you know what I'm talking about. Don't want to get into depth to avoid spoilers.
- The show took me some time to get into it.
- While some of the soundtrack is solid, the other half sounds like it's from some Saturday morning cartoon.
If you are a fan of shonen fantasy/supernatural action shows, I say give it a try and see how you like it.
Don't forget to check out my ongoing blog for my Super Duper Mini Reviews and my written reviews. :)
What's a Super Duper Mini Review? Well, since I'm taking a break from written reviews, I decided to put a short list of what I liked and didn't like about the shows I review and put down some notes and fun facts as well. For some info about the show like genre, plot summary, etc., I borrow some info from Anime News Network, Wikipedia, and of course our wiki here on Anime Vice.